Thread: Well, I finally told a few family members about this! :)

Well, I finally told a few family members about this! :)

Yesterday I finally did it!
    I told my Mom, both of my older brothers, and a close family friend.
    I am glad I did this! And nobody saw that one coming!

I told them about this site, and the supportive members and friends on here.
    This is a great place to be a member!

And yes, they were all supportive and positive about it.
    I figured they would be, It just took a lot of time to gather the courage to finally do it!
    Last edited by Katey888; 07-12-2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Good for you .. I hope

What was the reaction from them?

And .. why did you tell them?

- Suzie

They were shocked! I asked if the ever suspected this, and they all said No! Not at all!
    I just wanted to share it, I had been keeping it a secret for over 25 years. I'm glad I did it...

I can understand that, it is a lot of pressure having to keep this secret.

I'm sure they had the usual questions, right! And if they didnt ask them, they are most likely thinking it!

So what is next? A cute little red dress for the family cristmas dinner?

Cool! I'm glad they were supportive. Even if you never wear the cute little red dress to the family Christmas party, I'll bet it's a huge relief to get the secret out. Congratulations!

Hey Victoria, good for you! Now you'll have someone to be able to discuss things with if you ever need to

And good on them for being supportive too

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Congratulations, Victoria! It's always good to hear about supportive family and friends.

Banned Read only
    Victoria,
    It feels like a huge weight off your shoulders so it's good that you found the strength and sense to do it . Please try and not fall into the trap of thinking it's all they want to talk about even if you do, let them come back to you with questions and comments but don't always expect them to ! They know now but they think that all problems have gone away because you've got it off your chest !
    I posted a while ago asking how far are you out, all my family know now but none of the has seen me in reality. So tread carefully because it's a huge difference between knowing about and revealing it !

Glad it's working out well for you hun.
    Angie

Thanks everybody!
    We are keeping it within the four I told yesterday, nobody else knows... I don't really want anyone else to know for the time being.
    I trust the ones that know, and so far, so good...

Congrats! Feels good to be authentic with loved ones, doesn't it? Out of curiosity, what finally spurred you to take the plunge?
    Last edited by Tristessa; 07-12-2015 at 11:58 PM.
    Tristessa

Platinum Member
    Hi Victoria, Wouldn't it be great if every ones family's were as accepting as yours.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    First congrats, I know it feels like the weight of the world is lifted from your shoulders. And now a caution, do not be surprised if there is some backlash from those told. It seems as though a little time for it all to settle in is all it takes. Continue to be strong and do not let it bother you if and when the backlash comes. At your age you have the right to live your life the way you want/need to.

As Teresa and Jorja have suggested which was something It took me a while to get to grips with, that when you come out to somebody they wont always and dont have to be interested. While they may accept it and keep it a secret on your behalf they might not ask questions or show any form of interest and only acknowledge your male side.

Unfortunate as that is since it takes such courage to tell others its a small dose of reality too which is good to have because it keeps us from making rash decisions

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

It's great when you have a supportive family. I never told my mother but I think she would have been very supportive. My wife knows and supports me and that is a huge relief.

Good news, Victoria...

You have a great family...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Tristessa View Post
    Congrats! Feels good to be authentic with loved ones, doesn't it? Out of curiosity, what finally spurred you to take the plunge?
    I'll be honest, having been a member here and reading many posts on this site has encouraged me to do it. Had I never found this site, I'm certain I would still have it kept a secret.
    I never knew there were so many of us in this same situation... This site and you fine people here have given me peace with this, and so far since telling my family, all has been just fine!

Thanks everyone who has posted in this thread and for the kind words! It's genuinely appreciated!!!