Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you call....

Aspiring Member

What would you call....

I've been thinking.

If you call a young girl who is self-assured, take charge, rough and tumble, loves sports and dresses in boys clothes a Tom Boy, then what do you call a boy who is sweet, feminine, empathetic, beautiful and sneaks into his mom's room when she's away to try on her clothes?

And don't use Crossdresser cuz that's already taken. LOL

Aside from sneaking into his mom's room to try on her clothes, I'd call him "me".

But to the question, I honestly don't know any non-derogatory terms for it. Yet another societal imbalance to be corrected?

Simple a Jane girl...
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

How about "One of us."

Transgender?

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I believe he would be called a sissy, I don't like the word but it seams to be societies term for the male version of tom boy. And in my opinion there has to be some degree of GID to be considered TG.
    Last edited by Candice Mae; 07-12-2015 at 07:09 PM.

When I grew up it was Nancy girl, and no, it wasn't a compliment. But then again, Tom boy wasn't either.

Dee

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Why do we need another label? ;-)
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I think they're called "Jane Girls" aren't they?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member
    One of us?
    (Gooble gobble, etc.)

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandie, Candice May beat me to the draw with Sissy Boy.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Pansy comes to mind. Sissy, definitely. When I was young and people found out he wore his mother's or sisters clothes (me) he would have been called crazy and would have found himself in a doctor's office facing the possibility of shock treatments if he didn't see the light. There was definitely more risk back then.

Banned Read only
    An up and coming supermodel (Andre Pejic anyone) 😀

Aspiring Member
    Hummm.... I think "Jane girl" goes well as a counterpoint to "Tom boy."

Silver Member
    Only terms that come to mind for my generation is sissy or f*g. I think tomboy back then was not derogatory toward those girls, maybe my memory is fading. I do remember hearing my mother talk about a friend's son "He is so effeminate, he irons and sews, maybe he is gay." The message her comments sent to me were pretty clear.
    This topic is IMHO why there is a CD forum for MTF but not a CD forum FTM. I am only talking about CDing here!

Sweet, feminine, empathetic, and beautiful. How about a nice person?

Reality Check
    There are a lot of things he might be called but most of them are insults. I think if you asked ten people on the street, nine would say he is gay.

Most children eventually outgrow this type of behavior once they reach puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    There are a lot of things he might be called but most of them are insults.
    Yes, and herein lies not the, problem, but many problems. being seen as having any feminine qualities is seen by most to be a negative for a male, because women aren't considered as important, lesser some how. That is something that should change.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Most children eventually outgrow this type of behavior once they reach puberty.
    They certainly appear to, but how much of that is repression? Kids aren't stupid, if they get criticized and called names for doing things, most will stop doing it, even if they feel they want to.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeeB View Post
    When I grew up it was Nancy girl, and no, it wasn't a compliment. But then again, Tom boy wasn't either. Dee
    I heard the term 'nancy boy' a few times from cops that we worked with when referring to a male who was less than completely masculine in every way. The jocks just called them fags, whether gay or not. No, as far as I know, there is no term for us that would be considered a compliment. Women especially will sometimes say things like, 'You're such a girl', and they don't mean it in a good way either. Is there any wonder why I'd decided to stay in the closet all these years.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

And then there is always "pretty boy"........................Debra

It all depends on his age n maturity level.

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    And in my opinion there has to be some degree of GID to be considered TG.
    You don't think sneaking "into his mom's room when she's away to try on her clothes" qualifies as prima facie gender dysphoria? OK. But it's going to be hard to pitch that as straight-up manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    And then there is always "pretty boy"........................Debra
    The problem with "pretty boy" or "twink" or "boi" is that they all have a cachet of gayness to them and that wasn't in the original spec.
    Last edited by Pat; 07-13-2015 at 01:35 PM.

A GG recently called me a Dudette which she thought was the complementary opposite of Ladette,
    I loved the idea of being a straight guy likes being girly
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

One I heard was "Nancy girl". MY GF's name is Nancy but she's all girl.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Although some consider this to be a derogatory term, fairy could apply. I never considered Tom Boy to be derogatory.
    Love,Sabrina