Thread: How would you suggest I out myself at work?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How would you suggest I out myself at work?

I am a strongly heterosexual MtF crossdresser, who is still in the closet. I have no desire to transition, or even present as a female. In my ideal world, I would simply be allowed to wear whatever articles of clothing I felt like, regardless of which section of the clothing store they were originally purchased from. Of course, in a work situation, they would have to be appropriate for the job I do.

I work for an organisation which operates under the auspices of a London Borough, but which will shortly switch to being a charitable trust. The organisation has a robust (at least on paper) Equality and Diversity policy in place. The term “transgendered” appears every time it speaks about treating people equally.

I have a fixed term contract which runs till the end of the decade, when my work visa expires. I expect to apply for and be granted permanent residence at that point, and suppose that my employment will then become permanent.

I am entering my umpteenth childhood and am toying with the idea of testing this policy. So here is an open-ended question, to which I invite intelligent responses …

How would you suggest I out myself at work?
    Last edited by Nigella; 07-14-2015 at 01:26 PM.