Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doubting is it right or wrong?

I had doubts for years, I'm 71 and have been dressing for well over 60 years. But somewhere at around 30 or so, I realized this is who I am, I can't survive with out dressing, not and find any happiness in life. I stopped many times in my youth, it always left me depressed, resentful, angry, and argumentative. I didn't even like myself, and I don't see how others put up with me.
    Then I remembered something we used to say a lot in the sixty's, " If it feels good, do It", well it does feel good, so I quit worrying about it, and I just do it.
    For the last 30+ years, life has been good, I dress when I want, and I never have doubts about it, except, how an outfit looks, or did I get my make up right.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I never considered the “right or wrong” aspect of dressing.
    Dressing for me is like breathing.
    It’s just a fact of my life, and there’s nothing more to it.
    It’s not like “special”. It’s just who I am; it’s not a choice.
    Would I wish it were some other way? I’ve no way of knowing because this (dressing) is the only way I know.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Yes, I do!

I often hear from the Angel sitting on my rite shoulder. She whispers in my ear,"U r wasting time and money playing dress up! You're NOT a woman, just an old, male, fraud!"

Then, the Devil Woman on my left shoulder whispers, "But, you're running out of time. And, dressing is so much fun! Besides, u look prettier than many REAL women. Go for it, honey!"
    Or is it the devil telling you to conform to society vs. the angel encouraging you to be yourself?

I think that people who have something negative to say just out themselves as a negative nancy - someone I don't want to talk to. If it helps you, it has to be right. Right?

It's my nature, and right or wrong is a perception of society.And now it is quieter