Thread: We deserve it.

A gentle searcher. Chriscrossed's Avatar

We deserve it.

Let's shift the balance back. Men and their bodies deserve to be decorated and objectified more.

Chris

agreed, simple, yes we do.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I'm not sure I want to be objectified. I don't mind being admired and I don't mind people finding me attractive, but I don't want people to see me only for my physical qualities.

I agree wholeheartedly
    "Life is too damn short to get hung up on gender issues" - Me

A gentle searcher. Chriscrossed's Avatar
    True Saikotsu. My comment was written tongue-in-cheek but of course there is always a little truth mixed in with any humor. I would like to be given the opportunity to experience both the positive and negative feelings associated with being checked out while I'm dressed up in a self indulgent way. After I have endured all the flattery and rebuffed more sexual advances than I could keep track of I will get back to you with my verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Saikotsu View Post
    I'm not sure I want to be objectified. I don't mind being admired and I don't mind people finding me attractive, but I don't want people to see me only for my physical qualities.
    Ady - wait 'til you get to my age... I'll take being objectified, subjectified... electrified even, for a bit of physical stimulus...

Perhaps this means we just hand some of that male privilege we hear so much about back to GGs and allow them to make a meat market out of us...? Somehow I think a large chunk of membership here (me included!) would be left out on the grounds of ageism, given the way that objectification of women is incredibly ageist too...

If I had my feminist hat on I'd have to say we'd probably deserve some of the downside of that objectification... but absolute equality is an unachievable, utopian ideal, ain't it...? So who would we rather have - gender-wise - the majority, casting vote...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Chriscrossed View Post
    Let's shift the balance back. Men and their bodies deserve to be decorated and objectified more.

Chris
    Sadly, men aren't as pressured to have perfect bodies as women do. Overweight for men is different from overweight for women. The optimal male body is a beautiful thing.

Banned Read only
    Mmmm, Armani jeans and getting my butt slapped by a hot GG, I've been happily married since I was in diapers (yah, Armani diapers thank you very much) so maybe not 😀

@Katey "...subjectified...electrified even..." LOL, give me 30 volts to start Doc and we'll amp it up from there 😉

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Male bodies objectified?
    Sure I do it everyday LOL

Banned Read only
    Chris,
    Every time I see my legs I think that !
    Women claim it's a man's world but we appear to suffer more for what society thinks !

Reality Check
    And just how do you plan on changing the culture world wide?

Male singers and actors are already "objectified". The rest of us, not so much. And women in general aren't "objectified", only the young attractive ones.

As for the "decorated" part, you can decorate your body if you want to. Just keep in mind that some body decorations are going to hold you back career wise.

Banned Read only
    Yes, decorated and objectified with girl clothes.

Im in
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Well when we go girl jewelry and all the fixens objectify us. No on decorating, my SO has 13 tattoos. She asks me all of the time for me to get one. Girly tattoos for a male. I don't thinks so. Yet I do do some decals that can be removed as they may look good.
    Part Time Girl

Platinum Member
    Hi Chris, I'm doing my part with Triple pierced ears 24/7 ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I down with that Chris
    Angie

I like being admired for my physical beauty. There are those that have objections to being objectified, and they have a point, especially when it's clear that the jerk doing the objectifying are regarding the person in question as nothing more than a physical attribute or collection of attributes. I don't see anything wrong to admire a nice butt or pair of legs, but I don't go around saying such, at least not in so few words. Most women are quite alight with you saying "That dress looks fantastic on you!" even if they know damn well they chose it because it enhances their butt. On the other hand, "Nice butt!" is likely to get you a slap or a very frosty look. I like my GF's butt and legs, but if she didn't have intelligence, a sense of humour and personality that appealed, her body by itself would not keep me around.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    And just how do you plan on changing the culture world wide?
    Infiltrate the water supply booohaahaa, you didn't see ME coming did you Mr. Bond 😉

Oh, women definitely look for certain physical signs in a man. For example, the shape of his pants to see how thick his wallet is! They also look for us wearing expensive shoes, hand made suits, expensive watches, silk shirts, etc..
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Ady - wait 'til you get to my age... I'll take being objectified, subjectified... electrified even, for a bit of physical stimulus...

Perhaps this means we just hand some of that male privilege we hear so much about back to GGs and allow them to make a meat market out of us...? Somehow I think a large chunk of membership here (me included!) would be left out on the grounds of ageism, given the way that objectification of women is incredibly ageist too...

If I had my feminist hat on I'd have to say we'd probably deserve some of the downside of that objectification... but absolute equality is an unachievable, utopian ideal, ain't it...? So who would we rather have - gender-wise - the majority, casting vote...

Katey x
    You have a point. I've always felt that we should never tear people down. We should instead raise them up. Regardless of race, religion, creed, sex, or any other factor.

To borrow a concept from calculus, while there is an infinite distance between 0 and 1 (or any number to any other number really), we can get inifinitely closer. While absolute equality might be unachievable, I think we can get infinitely close to it to the point where the difference in equality is trivial.

@Chriscrossed
    I look forward to hearing your observations. While I don't like the idea of being objectified, I'd rather see a harsh truth than live a comfortable lie. Might help me to walk a mile in someone else's shoes after all, though I hope they're not wearing high heels.

Yes!!! A lot of them look a damn sight better dressed as women.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.