Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing: The fountain of youth?

Aspiring Member

Crossdressing: The fountain of youth?

I've seen so many of you ladies who don't look anywhere the age you say you are when you dress. Is one of the benefits of dressing the fact that you can transform yourself, not only into a woman, but a younger woman?

Do you think you look younger when you dress, the same, or older?

I think that a lot of us prefer to think we look younger than we are, both en femme or as guys. Until we wake up and look in the mirror in the morning after. That usually brings us back to reality.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have had people say I look a lot younger in girl mode.Most think I look like I'm in my 40's
    Then again most people think I'm in my early 50's in guy mode and I'm 62.

Banned Read only
    Sandie,
    I would like to think fully dressed with makeup and wig that it takes a few years off me ! I don't do it for that reason but it's an extra bonus to the enjoyment of Cding my body feels healthier and cleaner and possibly more youthful since shaving most of it, certainly my legs . I never thought I'd like my legs as much as I do but seeing them smooth in stockings and a pair of heels is a tonic in themselves ! Maybe if I felt I looked older I wouldn't want to dress as much I would say many others would feel like that !

Aspiring Member
    You should ask. You've let it be known that you are 70, whereas your avatar shows a cheerful and attractive woman at least half that age.

Wait until I get my neck and face lift and tape and.... my senior visage will be turned into a stunning Brigitte Bardot

Ineke

I don't know why, but I am fortunate to appear about 15-20 years younger than my calender age. As a guy. My doctors have told me my medical stats show a similar difference.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

+1. I am 52 and (in guy mode) my doctor says I still look like I am in my thirties.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been using face creams for years so maybe that has something to do with it.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I'm now past the half century mark, and probably pretty well-preserved as a guy. But I definitely think I shed years when I dress, and others say so as well. Maybe it's the makeup...or maybe it's that I'm so darn happy when I'm femme...

Banned Read only
    Isabella,
    I missed that point and its something my counsellor picked up on when I showed her my pictures of happy I looked . That feeling in itself feels it takes a few years off you !

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    It may be the physical effects as well... Eating better, exercise, better skin care.... I certainly feel younger!!!
    Call me Donna, please

Definitely something to this. I'm told frequently that I don't look anywhere near my age. Staying out of the sun, no smoking, good skin care all have something to do with it, in my opinion.
    Genetics help too.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Aspiring Member
    I reckon I put on a couple of years while dressed (22 up from 20). In male mode, I apparently look no older than 16. Cue trouble buying liquor.

Hi all; Half a decade ago I looked like death warmed over.,. My Face looked scared with deep lines,.,. i had dry spots on my body.,. Then One day while browsing the internet I came across an advertisement offering free healing seminars.,. I phoned the number provided by a woman whom was introducing this new age healing using the human body chakra system.,. I was looking for a way to heal my body from years of hard physical labour work.,. I was invited to a three day healing weekend adventure.,. While I was listening to speakers talk about our bodies, minds, hearts an how we can program our selves to assist in our chosen direction of change.,. And how to tune into our bodies an listen with our heart to our inner desires.,. I happen to hear this about self help an self programing an remember a sales training course I took that talked about top sales people an top athletes whom would meditate an say mantras over an over again.,. and Using visualization to see the goal they desired to achieve.,. I had great success in sales,., So I began asking myself What in My Life I loved to be or do.,. Slowly I uncovered my hidden truth about myself.,. Making a change in how we do things is one thing changing our body image to another gender is a whole new kettle of fish.,. These Changes affect us in very interesting an bizarre ways.,. I also discovered I could not run nor hide from these feelings.,. Looking into the mirror at ones self requires courage if we want to see our Truth.,. Letting this into our daily lives takes Courage, and the Heart to be true to ourself.,. I have plenty of doubt but at the same time I also have plenty of encouragement too.,. I have all of you whom also struggle with self images an issues we may not be ready for or aware are arriving.,. I am finding making any progress in the choices I choose takes discipline effort self sacrifice an the willingness to be ridiculed for our choice.,. I found out early in life being ridiculed is part of excepting our selves in our most vulnerable state because when we fully except our selves others will too.,. I know I have the Courage to take each step on the road to my personal happiness.,. If this means I dress as Woman so be it.,. Today I stepped into of the shower an looked closely at my body an noticed how it has healed.,. I no longer have dry spots, most of life's scars have disappeared, my features are smooth an soft.,. No more deep lines on my face none at all.,. Recently I was informed I have a glow about me, Im sweet kind gentle an cute.,. From a woman too.,. I had noticed through out my life men were attracted to me.,. Though I had no idea why.,. Since I am comfortable with whom I am an I do not mind men it was a natural move to date men to see if this fit in my life.,. I still am adjusting to this way of life iI have now chosen for myself.,. I feel confident Im on the right path for me an what I need for help and assistance I will find.,. Life offers many ways to live, its the way that fits for each individual that makes us all unique.,. Thanks every one for being whom you were born to be "You".,. Cheers

Banned Read only
    I say absolutely! I've often though the same thing myself lately, I think a feminine look is naturally younger looking by its very nature.

I think the fact that we generally have a strong foundation layer helps our skin to look much younger. and I know I definitely dress around 5-10 years younger than I actually am. Like many, looking in the mirror I can see the age under the makeup, but then I look at my avatar pic taken only a few months ago and I don't feel quite like 42 anymore

Even before I started cross dressing, my wife and others all said I had a face that looked much younger than my calendar age. In fact, that was a strong reason why my wife always preferred me to remain bearded. With the beard, we seemed a similar age, though she was six years older than I. Without it, she felt people would say she had been robbing the cradle!

Shaving off my beard knocked a good 10 to 15 years off my apparent age. Wearing a wig to hide the male pattern baldness and eliminate any traces of gray easily knocks another ten off, even without makeup. (I wore one of my long girl wigs in a pony tail in male mode at a convention recently, and definitely got that effect.) Fully dressed and carefully made up, most people who have met Ceera in person guess my age at roughly half of what it is, and can't believe how old I actually am. Mentally, I aim for somewhere between 27 and 35, and dress and act accordingly. But I actually turn 58 next month!
    Last edited by Ceera; 07-16-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Banned Read only
    I hear yah Ceera! I think hormones are a factor as well though. I'm 48 and about 24 mo ago I've had people say I look like I was late 20's (completely guy). Now I have photos where I literally look like I'm pre-puberty...they say it's like going though puberty again but I didn't think litteraly, not a bad thing I suppose! 😊

Banned Read only
    i also know that feeling,i freak people out when isay im going to be 50 next month,most think im 35 ,i smoke,out in the sun alot,but my skin can handle the sun,and done alot of rough work and dont look as old as some of my friends who look older then me. clean shaven i look even younger and constantly getting mistaken for a gg.

Generally people say i'm younger than I am.
    Most of them think I'm 32 while I'm 42.
    They never saw me cd. I look even younger.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm 70 and look it. In my mirror and photos.

However, Sherry is still a teenager. Yet is often mistaken for a woman of twice that age! So, I guess NOT!

IMGP0427 (2) (640x572).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I don't know why, but I have always looked from ten to fifteen years younger than I am (at least that's what my friends say). But the thing I love the most are my legs. Remember, I posted a thread about a month ago where I was looking at my legs, and in the picture I'm not wearing pantyhose - those are my bare legs, in real life. Then, every day I spot women my age and can't believe how old their legs look -- it's an enigma.

Anyway, add the wig, makeup, a pretty dress and heels and even more years melt off. Seeing this in myself, I'm really surprised how many GGs opt not to take care of their hair, use makeup, moisturizer and dress nicer. You might think they would want to look younger also.

Seeing this, it makes me think a certain old saying should be revised: "Woman, thy name is not vanity." (lol)

when i'm dressed, most people don't believe my age and think I look a lot younger
    than I actual am... the miracles of make-up, the true fountain of youth...
    paula

Believe it or not, if I do any kind of weight loss or skin care it's not for my male side it's for my fem side. As soon as I put on that dress and the beer gut starts hanging out I will lose it. I don't even leave the house dressed, amagine how great I would look if I did go out dressed.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    When I dress I become kinda' ageless. The clothes sorta' set the mood. I'm usually dressed to regress in age (see profile image) and I've even dressed as an older woman. It's fantasy and it just transcends the whole age thing. In drab life, I'm @60 with the physique of a 40 something.

business.JPGcheer.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!