Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Has Jenner gone too far?

STOP! NOW!. Go back to the OP. Answer the question asked. Pronouns aside....got it?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I agree that people participating in these pages should generally know better. That still doesnt justify incorrectly characterizing all cds as not having filters because of the things that a few cds have said. If there are issues with what a few have said then it should be directed at those few individuals, its anti stereotyping 101.

Am I not typing in English here (Or Coloradoan)? One more and it's closed. Get back to the OP....get it?...got it? good
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Melissa,

I enjoy your posts and your insights as I do many others here but I have to admit that the use of your term "hobby" is disconcerting.
    I apologize for the offense, but I'm sure you realize that it isn't my word. I only used it, because I've seen so many who identify as CD use it before me. Believe me if I was using that word in a deliberate attempt to be snarky I would admit it. I like to think I'm more subtle than that. At least I like to think it.

As for the spectrum, how do you explain people like me. On some days I identify as a woman and on others I identify as a man. Now, you might think "impossible, you are one or the other", but then again it wasn't long ago when people thought it was impossible to believe you were a gender opposite to your sex birth. I am quite public and to some degree have given up everything to be "who I am" and that includes going public in my work place. So while not TS, I do not consider myself "just a dresser".
    I explain you the same I would explain Allie, or Debbie, or Melissa, all people I know personally and respect. They are not transitioning as far as I know, but they have a wonderful feminine energy and are just generally great people.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not dislike CD's. My enmity is and has always been reserved for people who don't have any skin in the game, yet prattle on about things they know nothing about. As far as I know, half the people here should be considering transition. How the hell would I know otherwise? I don't even really care one way or the other who is "real". My comments are NOT about who is real, they're about who is transitioning. At the end of the day, the science/medicine doesn't matter any more and it's all about who has the seeds to be honest with the world about who they are.

If you walk out into the world as whoever you are and you aren't taking pains to keep secrets, then you have basically pushed in all your chips. That takes courage, I don't care if you're a TS or a CD or a gender queer, people who aren't even at the table don't have any right to judge the way you do your thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

ok, back on track There are rumors going around that ABC/ESPN was throwing the Arthur Ashe award in as part of the deal as to getting "the interview" That tends to go way past CJ's lifelong character though, but who really knows.... I still believe that the award was given for ratings purposes more than any other reason, and that is not a noble reason. As to CJ, no, I do not feel she is going too far. She was transitioning in private, and was quickly losing control of her life with the ever hounding paparazzi. So, since there would be no such thing as a private transition, then get out in front and control her life and message that she wishes to convey. She does have the opportunity to educate the public. Making money while she is doing it? Yep, but hardly the 1st to be guilty of that, and it is not a crime anyway.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Platinum Member
    Hi Ilsa, Only time will tell.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

S/he's only in it for the buck's. Sad

She!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LexiNexi View Post
    Yes, right. Because an incredibly wealthy Olympic athlete would undergo years of hormone therapy, electrolysis, incredibly painful FFS and risk been insulted and ridiculed, all for a few bucks.

I don't understand that hate-on some people have for Jenner. If she were some unknown transwoman who transitioned, everyone here would be saying "good for her". But because she's famous, people feel entitled to hurl bitchy comments her way.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiNexi View Post
    Using your sad theory, I can just see the boardroom discussion...

Hey Bruce, come on in. Now that you are separated from the queen bee of the K clan, you know your income stream will dry up completely. No one will give a hoot about you any longer. But check this out, we have an idea. Don't say no right away, just roll with it and you'll see the upside. We're thinking of starting a new reality show where an olympic athlete who everyone sees as the epitome of masculinity transitions into a woman.

Yes, we're serious. You are in your mid-sixties and this will help to ensure you maintain the lifestyle you are accustomed to. Think it through. You would go on female hormones that will have tremendous effects on your body as well as your mind.

What? You're correct, THAT will not function any longer. But you're divorced and old, you won't be needing to use it any longer.

We will put you in touch with the best surgeons to feminize your face and enhance your chest.

Yes, we mean breasts.

I know you've probably never worn a dress before in your life but you'll get used to it. I hear high heels take practice but you have proven to be up to physical challenges that are much greater.

You will then live out the rest of your life as a female and your new show will segue off of the heartache your family experiences as they come to grips with your decision to become a woman.

This will be huge, a ratings winner as well as a winner for your bank account. The internet will buzz with your every step. The paparazzi will go nuts.

Huh? No, that wasn't a Freudian slip. Those'll eventually go too.

Your motivations will be questioned by the trans community. Message board sites will debate your motivations. Whether you represent well. Whether you are going to far. Heck, we can even arrange for you to get an ESPY of your very own.

Whaddya think? We have the contracts all ready to go.

Are there enough absurdities present? Makes any notion to suggest this is simply a money grab pretty darned absurd, huh???
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 07-19-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I don't think Jenner is in it for the bucks, but how does expressing an opinion that she is qualify as hate speech?

If it was an opinion, it would start with "I think"...But it is stated as a fact and followed by a one word editorial...All of which seems sad to me.

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

sad and par for the course.. its calling Caitlyn he or he/she that is hurtful at best and hateful at worst .... sorry Nicole but i'm surprised and disappointed that you wouldn't see that...

one thing people don't seem to get is that poor and underprivileged people do not have the podium...there is no way to get to the podium ...
    this is true frankly for all things in life...life is inherently unfair and uncaring...what happens happens..

Caitlyn has made the podium bigger. People that yesterday had no chance may have a chance now...people that were working on their gender have a better chance...That's good for everyone..

its naive and not constructive to say things like she went too far or she doesn't represent me because i'm cd/poor/racially different...etc...i've heard it all on tv and on blogs...its just pathetic the jealousy...
    Last edited by Kaitlyn Michele; 07-19-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Are there enough absurdities present? Makes any notion to suggest this is simply a money grab pretty darned absurd, huh???
    You'd be amazed at the absurd things that a huge percentage of the population believes. All because it 'fits' their concept of how the world should be.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Hmmm this quite interesting. http://mytoba.ca/voices/caitlyn-jenn...ptance-speech/
    It is from a transperson that used to write for the local newspaper that claims that Jenner stole her speech.

Btw, if Caitlyn did actually steal it..... I believe that she cleaned it up for the better
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 07-19-2015 at 11:24 AM.

What is sad if that there are members on this site that do not get individuals identifying as women. Caitlyn has come out and unequivocally said. "I am transitioning". It can not be said any clearer.
    Bruce trained hard and was at the top of his game winning a gold medal. I have no doubt much of that energy was an outlet to help cope with his inner struggle. He was an inspiration for many to work hard to achieve their goals. Many athletes today became who they are because of him. Now Caitlyn. She will be an inspiration to many that are struggling with their identity. I have no doubt her public journey will be an inspiration for those individuals to start living their lives authentically.

It would be interesting to see how many that are speaking disparagingly would handle such a public transition. Personal losses aside. My transition has been realitivly smooth. Many are not as fortunate. I have many friends that have had very difficult transitions. Physical violence. Estrangement from family and friends. Los of employment. All to live there lives authentically as who they are.

There is no play book for transition. Caitlyn will transaction in a manner she feels is right for her. Just as Kaitlyn,Badtranny, Anne and many others and in life transition in their own way. There are other members here that are not transitioning at this time. But are living their lives open and authentically as gender fluid.
    Those of you casting stones. Start living your life authentically and see how you deal with the crap we endure on our journey. It's easy to hang in the dark and snipe.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Platinum Member
    I checked to see what the viewership was for Caitlyn's appearance on ABC/ESPN. It was an estimated 10 million. That's a sizable viewership. As someone pointed out to my first post, she has a program airing July 26th. I really do not know the breakdown of the viewership. Were people watching out of curiosity? How did they view her presentation? And, what will her show be about? How will she and the producers handle the underlying issues of transsexuals? What will the ratings be? I think everyone will agree that Caitlyn will be hounded by the media every time she leaves her home. I think her impact on acceptance or non acceptance of transsexuals will be gauged on how the ordinary folks view and accept the ordinary transsexual living next door.

Go back and take a look at all the posts about Caitlyn here and in the Media section, and you'll see many wrong pronouns. Look at who posted them and tell me all of them are haters, and are because they used the wrong pronouns. You see that as hate speech because and only when you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Hmmm this quite interesting. http://mytoba.ca/voices/caitlyn-jenn...ptance-speech/
    It is from a transperson that used to write for the local newspaper that claims that Jenner stole her speech.

Btw, if Caitlyn did actually steal it..... I believe that she cleaned it up for the better
    Just checking but you do realise that this is written as a joke.

o back and take a look at all the posts about Caitlyn here and in the Media section, and you'll see many wrong pronouns. Look at who posted them and tell me all of them are haters, and are because they used the wrong pronouns. You see that as hate speech because and only when you want to.
    No one said that all the examples of the wrong pronouns are written by haters. Look at them and tell me that none of them are haters. You do not see hate speech because you do not want to
    Last edited by emma5410; 07-19-2015 at 11:44 AM.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Yes I knew that, it is just a sample joke of what Patti thinks of Jenner as a representation of the tg community. I am sure that the countless number of transpersons that have been recognized for their contributions had similiar speeches. Here is Patti's wordpress opinion of Jenner https://pattidawnswansson.wordpress....money-can-buy/

I certainly never said they were haters. I was illustrating what those of us go through on a daily basis. Just as Caitlyn is also. Whether it's naivety, disrespectful, intentional I couldn't say.
    You can meet strangers and be gendered female and as soon as they find out your Trans. The game changes and you are then gendered male. It happens often enough to be an issue. Hopefully enough will be made of the issue by the media to change attitudes. I doubt that it will happen in my lifetime. And to those that do misgender cue whatever reason. Yeah your right it's no big deal. We should just "man up and endure it".
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

And this thread is done! I'm not amused in the slightest at the attitudes and opinions in this thread. Let me just remind that person who said this is 'crossdressers.com' and not 'transgender.com'.... that is RUDE!! The site has evolved, yes it was created for CD's, however it isn't anymore, it's just a 'domain name'... so anymore of your attitude to who should be here and you can bugger off to 'banned.com'..

The thread was 'has jenner gone too far?' turned into 'have the members gone too far?'... grow up!!

THREAD CLOSED!!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn