Thread: Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone

way up north where the polar bears play..

Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone

one morning i was at a used clothes store and met Donna the owner,she was really friendly and funnie, thought the skirt i was buying was really cute and would go well with the sweater i was also purchasing ,she took her time folded them neatly and putting them in the bag,When she rang me up she asked if i needed any thing else, may be high heels for my new outfit i just laughed a bit and to hide my embarrassment nervously told her my girl friend was teasing me that my hair was getting so long i should just go buy a dress she giggled a bit and said ,won't she be surprised .i laughed a bit and said ,could be fun.. said goodbye ,went about my way, had lunch and went back to the store later in the afternoon
    when i walked back in she smiled and said ,your back i smiled and joked with her a bit and said ,i just couldn't stay away you have so many pretty things here i just had to came back for the rest of my outfit, Donna just smiled and said if you need help with sizes or any thing let me know i said thanx and went about my shopping .went to the collection of chest of drawers in the back room of the shop where all the lingerie was, found a cute little bra, lacy little panty girdle, pantyhose and slip. i took my selections up to the counter and laughed a bit and asked her if she had a sense of humor .as i handed her my collection of lacy little underthings. she giggled a bit asked me if i found every thing i needed,i smiled and said i think so.. she smiled as she folded my slip and gently set it on the counter, then she folded up the stockings and the panties when she came to the bra she held it up checked the tag and asked me if i was sure this was my size 36b i laughed a bit and told her, i'd find out soon enough she laughed again and said, good for you.. she rang me up and as she was carefully putting my undies in the bag she said, i'd love to see you in your new outfit, i just laughed and said, you and me both,.and said bye bye
    as i was about to leave she said , how about some heels,you know a girls not really put together with her out heels ..i just smiled and laughed i'm all girled out for today maybe tomorrow, Donna smiled and said, i hope so , maybe see you tomorrow ..

Non-binary/Questioning
    There's a store in the mall across the street from me where I've picked up a few things. I've usually dealt with the male owner (who just asks me "Is that everything?") but recently I met the female owner, who pulled a few additional things off the rack and asked if I was interested in them to go with the tops I had picked out. I replied that I had all I needed for the moment, mainly to get out as quickly as possible and avoid being seen by too many people but I may ask her opinion next time I'm there. They don't have any underthings, though - that will be a trip to a different store, with all the embarassment that will entail.

Platinum Member
    Definitely go back for the heels.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

reminds me of the first time I had a makeover for Halloween while in college. I told the owner of the salon that the fraternity I was a member was having some of the guys go in drag for a contest. She so saw right through it but I continued to keep up the story while loving everything she was doing. She so knew I wanted to be as girly as possible and toyed with me. I wish I had only been up front with her. I think she could have beee a great resource for me back then.

Platinum Member
    Hi Yerri, It sounds like she has a customer for life.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I would never have any money left with a store owner like that. I would get my paycheck and head straight to the store to buy more.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    I agree with you, Lily! Too much fun and happiness!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    So, Terri. Exactly what's so hard to figure out here? Go back to that nice lady and see if she will help you try on an entire outfit. Sounds like this one would get a kick out of it. Maybe show you how to do makeup correctly.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Terri you have found a great store go back and enjoy being you.
    There are a few consignment stores close to me that I go to regularly and the owners and staff know me as that quirky guy that dresses up.
    They are all cool with it and we have fun every time I come in.

There's a great vintage store near me. The first time my wife and I wandered in a few years ago I found something I really liked but wasn't sure if it was my size. I was too nervous to see if I could try it on and so my wife started to ask on my behalf. Not only was the answer yes, but the store owner made it clear "we have men in here all the time". The owner was so nice and we stop in there all the time now.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    All you need to do is make an anonymous phone call and ask if you could try on in the store, or if someone would help you. You would be surprised how helpful they would be.
    Dana Ryan

Places like you describe are a real trap.

I have a wedding Boutique and another shop that sells evening wear.

Great aren't they?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.