Thread: I love being me.

I love being me.

I'm getting ready to go on holidays tomorrow. Yesterday- Color hair, and cut, mani-pedi, eyebrow wax, bikini shave. Today, laundry and pack.
    My neighbor asked me if I ever miss just being able to throw on pants and a tee and be done with it. (ie: do I ever miss being a guy)
    The answer is simple- If I was twice as high maintanance, I will still never, ever, ever miss being a guy. I never leave the house without makeup, I'm a slave to fashion, have a major purse fetish, and I wear pearls with jeans. And it never gets old, or too much work, or boring. I adore every step of the process of being me, cause...well...it's me.
    At the end of the day, I take off my makeup, and cleanse my face, I look in the mirror, and I think to myself...I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Good for you! I love reading "feel good" posts on this forum; too many are contentious or downright sad...
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Paula, that is just the perfect note to start my day with! You have earned it; you have every right to be the luckiest girl in the world.

Mega Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Gold Member
    At whatever level it means to each of us, being our true self is the ultimate goal. You are so happy and that is a great thing. Enjoy your holiday Paula!

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    At the end of the day, I take off my makeup, and cleanse my face, I look in the mirror, and I think to myself...I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
    This last statement says it all
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Paula,

You summed it up perfectly. And of course, now I have the song from Anne of Green Gables stuck in my head.

Platinum Member
    You're proving that "me" is better than pretending to someone else! Enjoy everything that comes with being yourself. Besides, does he think a woman can't toss on a shirt and jeans, or get presentable in a moments notice? He hasn't been paying attention to his wife!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Enjoy your holiday, and thanks for such an inspirational post.

What an uplifting post....

I love being me...that should be the end point for all of us, whatever our path.

Paula, I glad that you are on the right path for you!!

Hugs, Bria

I feel the same way Paula. Have a great holiday!
    Suzanne

Fantastic !! Glad you have arrived at your "happy place" in the journey. Your post made me smile, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Have a great holiday. Chat when you are back.

Erin

P.S. and you can never have enough purses !!
    P.P.S. or shoes, or scarfs, or pearls, or......
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I never wear make up, usually forget to wear earrings even though I like them, I get my nails done about once every two months and it last about two weeks, i often find myself wearing jeans and a tee shirt. These things have nothing to do with being who you are, it's just window dressing and eventually you'll get tired of it, even if you like the result.

Aprilrain- We may each choose our style any way we wish. My mother (and inspiration) wore designer clothes, and makeup every day until literally two days before cancer took her, at 86. My sister and I dress for every, single occasion. It was bred into me, and hopefully it will never go away. Companies like Prada, and Gucci count on women not getting sick of fashion. It's not window dressing, it is an important extension of my personality. There is no occasion that is not benefitted by over dressing.

Love the Terrapin Station quote.

bikini wax!!!! yikes!!! LOL...

i'm really happy for you!!! Let's wait a couple years to see if makeup and designer fashion everyday makes you happy to be alive but its definitely true that at the end of the day its priceless to be who and what you are...
    you deserve to feel good!!!

my biggest fashion buys are calvin klein off rack tops!!!

Reality Check
    It's true that some women dress to the nines every day and some just roll out of bed and throw on any old thing and hit the pavement but neither is more woman than the other. Paula makes an effort and that's great in my opinion.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Paula;

You go girl you're all woman and I get it. nice to always look and feel good. I was asked by an old friend on the weekend at a party if I was caught up in the fashion thing. I think the question came from the fact that I was the only lady in a dress. Everyone was dressed very nice but apart from a couple of casual sundresses I was the only one in a dress. My response was no but did say that it's was I was taught as a kid... Never go out to a function without dressing well. Not necessarily always a dress but dress nice. Love my mom.

Enjoy your spa vacation. ��

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

By all means dress however you like. I'm not saying you have to be a slob to be true to yourself I'm just saying you are more than your fashion choices. If we all had to wear uniforms we'd still be individuals. I'm sure your mom was much more than just a well dressed lady.

If you like the terrapin quote, here's another for you. Name this tune! "And the Current fashion sets the pace, lose your step fall out of grace" (Barlow)

I'm glad to hear you're happy being you! So few are these days, it's refreshing to hear someone who loves being who they are.