Hey all,

I was reading an article on Facebook about a pride weekend in Britain soon that has banned drag performers unless the performers are trans to avoid upsetting trans people who may be offended or afraid to be themselves.
It has caused a backlash by the gay community, many of which are condemning the lack of expression and freedom.

My question is, do you find drag queens/kings offensive?

There is a well known drag queen from Dublin called panti bliss who has spent the bulk of his career trying to further LGBT rights, mostly LGB rights since he's a gay man but the inclusivity is noted.
He owns and performs in a bar called the panti bar in Dublin and he has come out complaining on the decision by the pride organisers. I can understand that what he does is a profession rather than a lifestyle but it seems very narrow minded, and as he said, pigeon holing which we actively try to avoid (male or female only, that's the given gender pigeon holes)

Personally I find drag, while a bit OTT, helpful, twice I've been in an LGBT bar for drag shows and I look at them and say, no one in here minds what they wear. I am actually planning on going to his bar at the weekend dressed for my birthday since it feels like a place of safety or comfort to be yourself but I can't help but think that if he was there and saw me would he have any animosity towards us after this PC overload.

Thoughts?
Sarah x