Thread: Presentation

Presentation

I was just wondering if you feel any different when dressing and presenting en femme than dressing and presenting en homme. I feel different in the sense that I'm looking at things from a different perspective when dressed one way or the other. Dressing en femme or en homme doesn't automatically make me "feel" like a man or a woman but the different approaches to things can be interesting at times. What about everyone else?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Spammer
    I can tell you I schlepped all around town all day en homme in horrificly sticky weather and cargo shorts and a t-shirt to do some shopping and get some walking in. By the time I got home I felt like...ugh....bloody Fred Flintstone. I showered and changed immediately. Then I felt myself - plus I had to try on shoes of course.

Reality Check
    I feel different presenting as a woman just because I'm conscious of having longer hair and additional body parts. I try to act like a woman when dressed but of course it's just playing a part like an actor would. Throwing on a wig and strapping on a pair of boobs can't actually change a person.

Kate, the movements are different, the attitude is slightly different with less of an edge, and there is just a little more at peace with ones self.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I think Laura sums it up nicely for me as well. I'm probably a kinder, gentler, and hopefully better looking version of my male self. I know I certainly feel this way.

I definitely feel a change once the feminine clothes, wig and makeup are on.

I'm much more inclined to get out of the house and socialize as a female.

The choices I make for what beverages to drink at a restaurant/club/bar are very different when I am en-femme. And I'll drink alcohol more frequently when en femme. As a male, I can be satisfied with one or two drinks in a night. En femme, three to four is more common in the same time period.

How I move and dance is different.

Who I am willing to chat up and flirt with is different. En femme, the other person's gender or orientation hardly matters to me. As a male, I would be reluctant to be as flirty with other males (unless they flirted with me first), and would direct my attentions almost solely to females.

En Femme I love fashion and jewelry and shoes of all types. As a male I am a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers kind of guy, with a few nice shirts, slacks, vests and jackets for nice occasions, that I rarely wear.

When I dress, I transform into someone else
    It's not me its Kathleen, she is everything I am not...
    I think we all have different ideas goals reasons and even targets to reach for some to how we all feel or act as our female self.
    How ever you feel the feeling should always be one of happiness wonder and delight

Kate

I don't even "dress" as such, but the fact that I know that I am more visible, and perhaps more worthy of attention? "is that guy wearing a skirt?!" So I become much more aware of posture, how I approach people, that sort of thing. It has pretty much all the way, been a positive thing for me. Partly it's because I feel much more true to myself, and there is not that nagging worry about how some of my presentation can seem off, I just have to concern myself with how the package goes together.

That and the fact that skirts are fantastic in hot weather!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I do feel different. Being late-onset and still early in my self-aware CD beingness, I get quite emotional even thinking about / feeling into this. It feels like this is the real me, and the guy thing was what I had to project for the world at the time. I feel comfortable, in my own skin presenting in female clothing, whether made-up or not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Huh! And I thought this was going to be something about Powerpoint.... (Fades with vertical blind to next line that zips in from left... )

Kate - I have to be 'feeling girl' to 'get girled'... One thing does lead to another but the feeling has to come first - and no, it's not with me all the time, while I might flutter my fingers a lot more than I used to, most of the expression doesn't emerge until the transformation is well underway, but that can vary...

It's expressing a feeling, an emotion and a need - the dressing and presentation just facilitates the full release of the desire by eliminating the incongruity (for me) of looking male and expressing girl. Funny old thing, ain't it..?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Mmmmm, something is different when I shed the male clothes. I can't say I "feel like a woman" so much as I feel at home in my own skin, if that makes any sense....even though that sense of self is gained through the use of various accoutrements meant to disguise my birth gender. One has to wonder how a one facade feels authentic and the other a contrivance.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Like Katey said, i have to feel a bit ladylike before i dress up. Sometimes i just am too tired. Sometimes, after doing hard physical work, getting dirty, i have trouble transforming. I was hoping to go to an outdoor city band concert tonight, but just couold not get the courage, nor the feeling. Like Katey also said, once the lady stuff is going on, and the transforming is well underway, there is more of a lady feeling. When completely finished transforming, i do feel that exciting sense of looking attractive. But, in guy mode, dirty work clothes, etc, I feel grubby, unattractive, unwanted, inferior to women. If i wear a sport coat, or suit, though, i do feel pretty good in drab, but not as nice as being in attractive lady mode.

I'm the same person, I just smile a lot more. Maybe there's something to that?

I went with my GF to her 50th HS reunion this past Saturday. We had gotten together with some of the classmates in the afternoon for an informal gathering at a lake and I had my guy knock around clothes on. Later that evening for the Reunion dinner, I had on my suit, shirt and tie and many of the ladies were amazed telling me I clean up nicely, so I know I can do it and enjoy it in both modes.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, When I'm dressed it changes my whole outlook.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

i just relax and can be me. Sexually, personality wise etc...just me. We spend allot of time in our lives fitting in etc....this allows me to just relax
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

For me, I would have to say no. I don't feel any different (except for the obvious changes to appearance) or see the world differently irrespective of presenting as a man or a woman. Now, in fairness, I am more cautious when presenting as a woman and will view certain aspects of safety quite differently but my internal perspective on the world is the same.

Cheers

Isha

Despite having spent many years in them, I feel somewhat out of place dressing in unmistakably masculine clothes (e.g. suit and tie). It's not that I feel poorly, but I am constantly aware and somewhat ill at ease that I need to "act the part".

Do I feel differently when I wear feminine clothing - "yes".
    Do I feel "normal" when I wear masculine clothing - "no".

Best wishes
    MsVal
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, of course!

Since I can't pass out dressed, everyone who notices me has a reaction. Whether it be positive or negative. While out in drab, no one notices me, period!

I've never felt like a man. Just feel like me. I NEVER feel like woman. Especially when out dressed. Either folks go overboard to be politically correct or laff. They don't treat GG women that way. At best, at home I feel as if I look like one!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Some people say it is somewhat shallow to concentrate on the clothes as such. But for me presenting as a woman gives me an inner peace and serenity and the ability to interact with others as a female. My mannerisms, voice, etc. are pretty feminine which adds to the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Kate, the movements are different, the attitude is slightly different with less of an edge, and there is just a little more at peace with ones self.
    Laura nailed it for me Kate

on all three points... movement, attitude, and a sense of peace.

my wife can tell right away when I need niki time.

hugs

niki
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    "Feel" is the least of it. Transformation to Tina in the entering of a different life. My wife tested this without telling us to begin with. The result was very little similarity between my gendered lives: different books read, different food preferences, different musical interests, different movie interests, and even different handedness! The most amazing we're different opinions on certain issues. It's a strange reality for sure.

Thanks Tina, I guess a lot of us could say that we are living our own alternate reality.

Sure. I get to be myself when I'm all dolled up as a girl. It's when I'm dressed as a guy that I'm putting on a act, playing the role of a standard issue guy. Putting on my wig is the last step, and 'letting my hair down' is sort of the crowning touch of finalizing leaving 'boy', behind.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Absolutely, I feel different. It's so uplifting. It makes me happy. It makes me feel very womanly and I act differently and think differently when shopping. Just some simple task like fumbling through my purse makes me feel like a woman. When people treat me like a woman I'm ecstatic.