Thread: Gems, Jewelry, and Dinner at Miceli's -- An Eryn and Persephone Adventure.

Gems, Jewelry, and Dinner at Miceli's -- An Eryn and Persephone Adventure.

Yesterday, Sunday, Eryn and Mimi and my spouse and I headed downtown to a Gem and Jewelry Show at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

As is often traditional with our group, one of us drives while the others navigate, using their cellphones to combine GPS and traffic information from Waze, Google, and other sources all at the same time. Beats singing "99 bottles" as we ride.

We're all frequent visitors to the show and frequent buyers, so many of the vendors know us and are especially happy to show us the various "shiny objects."

A pendant, about 1-3/4" long, caught my eye and wouldn't let me go, so it came home with me.

Meanwhile, while I was negotiating over my pendant, my spouse was across the way examining an opal necklace, but, after much consideration, she walked away from it for now.

Eryn and Mimi also scored with swag for themselves and presents for their family.

We spent several hours walking up and down the aisles of the show (my pedometer recorded about 3,000 steps) and, of course, had a great deal of fun!

Once back at our car we started to decided on where to go for dinner. I had a place in mind, an ethnic place that we'd never tried before that offered several varieties of mole (moh-lay) sauce, but when we went to check on hours and things we were very sad to learn that it had suffered a fire just four days before! Hopefully, we'll get to try it in a month or two.

Someone suggested one of our favorites, Miceli's Italian restaurant, and it met with an instant and unanimous round of approval.

Miceli's not only offers superb dinning, it has singing waiters who are awesome. Surrounded as it is by film and television studios, it is a near perfect place to score an audition.

Our own waiter was magnificent as he belted out Nessun Dorma and other opera and showtune selections.

After a wonderful, and very filling, dinner we headed back to my home where we caught up on episodes of Becoming Us, one of the best transgender oriented television shows so far.

We broke our Becoming Us marathon with late night dessert at a nearby Denny's.

A lovely fun day and evening.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 09-07-2015 at 06:05 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Oh yes, we had a blast! The jewelry show was amazing, with everything from that amazing opal necklace that Barbara's spouse was examining (it was priced at $22,000!) to stalls selling strings of beads. Mimi and I found a few things ourselves!

Crystal spring hairclips, a dozen for ten dollars!
    IMG_8042.JPG

Collage earrings:
    IMG_8046.JPG

Blue crystal earrings and necklace:
    IMG_8047.JPG

Freshwater pearl bracelet and earrings:
    IMG_8049.JPG

Polished agate bracelet and freshwater pearl earrings:
    IMG_8050.JPG

We had a great dinner at Micelis. It's such a wonderful place and the singing waiters are professional quality. Everyone there is very nice and the food is delicious.

Of course, the after dinner was fun, as we watched the last episodes of Becoming Us. That show resonates with me on many levels and I really hope that they make more episodes.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Sounds like a wonderful evening! I'm particularly jealous of the restaurant where you can hear Nessum Dorma, just like that! Did he hit the high note? And the jewelry looks lovely.

Oh to live in an urban area again.
    Reine

Wonderful outing - thanks for sharing

Platinum Member
    Hi Persephone and Eryn, Another great adventure, The jewelry is very lovely.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    You girls have too much fun!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Sounds like a wonderful evening! I'm particularly jealous of the restaurant where you can hear Nessum Dorma, just like that! Did he hit the high note?
    He did a pretty good stab at it. He had a nice range and powerful projection. And he was quite a good waiter too!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).