Thread: Scheduled a makeover next weekend

Scheduled a makeover next weekend

I feel a little guilty, but I was thrilled when my wife scheduled a trip for next weekend. She is going to be gone for three days and I'm trying to plan out as many outfits as possible . I even took Thursday off while my wife is still in town so I can prep for Fri - Sun of dressing.

My plan is to squeeze as much out of the time as possible. So, I took a huge step and I scheduled a makeover with Vanity Wilde in Houston, which is a big step for me. This will be the first time I've ever been out of the house and also the first time I'll actually be talking to someone in person about crossdressing. It is honestly really scary.

That being said, I now really want to buy a wig for my outing. I only ever dressed at home for short times, so I never really needed one. I'm trying to work up the courage to go some place in Dallas so I don't have to guess with online wig shopping which seems iffy at best. Additionally, I'm trying to work up the courage to visit a store called Cloths Mentor here in Dallas. My wife buys things from them all the time, and I know they have some things in my size range. Plus they are extremely affordable.

I don't know that I'll have the courage to buy anything in person, so I'm trying to psych myself up.
    I'm kinda bouncing between total enthusiasm and terror.

I bet the terror will go away and you'll replace it with butterflies in your stomach, then after you get there and get started the fun will replace the butterflies. Go for it. I bought one of my wigs in person in darb at a store called Sam Moons there by I 35 over in Fort Worth. It's a cheap one but they have a bunch. I also bought some cheap jewelry there and a small purse to keep my makeup in.

You will be on good hands, Vanity is truly an artist and a great person also.

Jayln, thanks for the post, I need a new wig, just check out the picture I posted tonight. I'm going to visit Sam Moons.

Jessica, I feel your pain, dear. It has gotten easier the past 2 years or so, but not substantially so. That being said, once you get out and get comfortable with your surroundings, it becomes not only fun, but you start to feel like a real woman. It's kind of like jumping off a high dive. I never felt comfortable walking the plank, so to speak, but once I jumped, it felt oh so good. The anxiety is gone, you can't go back, enjoy the ride. If you hit wrong and it hurts, you get back up and do it again because you are armed with the knowledge of how to do it right the next time. It might not impress the masses, but you know you've done it better than before. Practice makes perfect. Go for it, we only live once.

Vanity has tons of wigs at very affordable prices, buy from her! Hugs, Michelle

There truly is nothing to be afraid of. From personal experience, I can tell you, women love doing makeovers on girls like us. Regarding the wig purchase, CDers are a big part of that market, you are part of their target market. Clothes Mentor is a consignment store, making the clothes more affordable. Just relax, be honest and you will find no issues with purchasing clothing there. You should try things on while there, it makes the experience so much better.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jessica, Don't squeeze too hard , Pace yourself.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    You are going to love it! Sit back and enjoy.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

Im trying to muster the courage to get a makeover.

ab fab, so go get the wig, makeover, even try for a wax and pedi, nails also ... whole 9 yards????
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Have fun and enjoy yourself. I am sure that you will look beautiful!!!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleddg View Post
    This is good advice. She should not only have a good selection, but can help pick a style and color that is most complimentary. Plus you'll save time by other driving around. And one less case of the nerves.

Do you have the foundation (garments) you want/need?

Thanks for the encouragement.
    I'm definitely starting to get nervous about this.
    It's bit nerve wracking.

I found a super cute dress, some nice heels, my new breast forms and all the other incidentals. I assume I have everything that I need, but honestly I don't know. Regardless, it's time to finally see what Jessica looks like! No matter how it turns out, I'm really glad that I'm finally going to have the courage to do this. It's been such a burden all of my life knowing that this is what I wanted to do but holding myself back out of fear of what other people might think or what I might think about myself.

Anyway, thanks for all the support!

Silver Member
    Try to relax a little.

You're going to a professional for your make over. Smart move. She should be able to calm you down a little. Anything you've forgotten or missed, she should be able to help with. Your blendability/passability from a general appearance perspective should be good.

Now complete it by being confident.

And for goodness sakes, no crying! Even though you'll want to. Can't run your eyeliner now.

I can't wait to see the photos!
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 07-30-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Jessica - you'll be fine...

In fact, you'll be better than fine - you'll be fabulous!

If you remember that a lot of the gals here look pretty darned good with their own 'amateur' application, think how good you'll be looking under a professional brush and puff...

Professionals work serious magic with their knowledge and expertise. Enjoy your day - remember that they're used to dealing with us 'girls' and will know what to do to put you at ease...

And of course, we all want to know how well it went after, and how ab-fab you looked!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

When is your makeover Miss Jessica? Hugs , Michelle

So, how'd it go??? Tell all! And, remember, no photos = it didn't happen. Hugs, Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica5536 View Post
    My plan is to squeeze as much out of the time as possible. So, I took a huge step and I scheduled a makeover with Vanity Wilde in Houston, which is a big step for me. This will be the first time I've ever been out of the house and also the first time I'll actually be talking to someone in person about crossdressing. It is honestly really scary.

That being said, I now really want to buy a wig for my outing. I only ever dressed at home for short times, so I never really needed one. I'm trying to work up the courage to go some place in Dallas so I don't have to guess with online wig shopping which seems iffy at best. Additionally, I'm trying to work up the courage to visit a store called Cloths Mentor here in Dallas. My wife buys things from them all the time, and I know they have some things in my size range. Plus they are extremely affordable.

I don't know that I'll have the courage to buy anything in person, so I'm trying to psych myself up.
    I'm kinda bouncing between total enthusiasm and terror.
    I had my first ever makeover with Vanity when I was going back and forth to Houston on business. I did the makeover because I wanted to see if there was any chance I could by some miracle look pretty. Well Vanity performed that miracle, and i was really surprised. She had done everything but my eyes while I was facing the mirror, and I was "ho hum, it looks like there is no miracle. But then she spun me around and did my eyes and put on my wig. It was when she spun me around to face the mirror again that I really saw the miracle. I was overjoyed. I was just going to take the makeup off, because I accomplished my goal. But Vanity said something like, "I worked very hard to make you pretty. You should take your new look out for a spin. Don't worry; no one will figure it out." And she was almost right. I was shopping in TJ Maxx and browsing the women's racks. A GG woman standing right next to me didn't even give me a second look, except maybe to see that I had a little too much makeup on for a typical woman in the day time. I did get made, but it was my voice that gave me away. Then I went to have lunch in aa restaurant in the gay district of Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    You will be on good hands, Vanity is truly an artist and a great person also.
    I agree. She's a great person who does a lot for the trans community. For those who don't know, Vanity i one of us, and she was in male mode when she did my makeover. She wanted it to be all about me.

Quote Originally Posted by michelleddg View Post
    Yeah. Wigs (I bought one), shoes, clothes and makeup.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    How did the makeover go?
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".