Thread: Poll for Sarah

Poll for Sarah

Sarah7391 started a thread about acceptance, and posted some percentages.
    Anyone care to take this poll for the forum, and we can find out some real percentages.
    (Note, not saying her percentages were wrong, just I thought it'd be a good percentage for us to know)
    The poll is anonymous. http://strawpoll.me/5045627
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

voted .... :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Voted...;×)

Banned Spammer
    Done. how interesting.

Just now voted.
    Im a good looking guy that is sometimes a pretty girl.

AprilMayy - thank you!

I agree that this won't necessarily correspond with mine or anyone else's chance of success as all our circumstances are different.

However, what it will tell us is how successful or otherwise crossdressers who respond to this survey have been and I for one think this is an interesting exercise.

And you know what, the bigger the response, the closer we'll get to the actual figure.

voted it will be interesting to see the final result
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

I'm in.

Aspiring Member
    Voted...would like to see..."supportive, not involved". My wife is OK with my dressing but will not get involved in make-up, wigs, etc.
    Fortuneta

hmmmm I cant vote .. I don't have a significant other..

For folks who may read this after - please treat this as a bit of fun... I'm sorry to say this, but this type of poll is not going to deliver anything related to reality - not even for the people who may have offered their situational reality...

As someone already pointed out on one of the other threads, it is not possible to make any predictions from gathering this data as people do not behave randomly and it is people (SOs/partners) here that are making judgments based on culture, values, beliefs and a whole host of personal and environmental factors... in addition:

- It's from an indeterminate population (remember this section of the forum is open to non-members - you have no guarantee that anyone responding is even a crossdresser...)
    - The responses will likely be skewed by the forum population being of a certain nature here and so only representative of those types (and that tends towards those that are already out and in some sort of tolerating relationship)
    - The biggest issue is that statistically, historical results have zero connection with future outcomes because you're talking about different people whose individual outcomes are not interdependent...

I'd just hate for someone thinking of revealing to get to the end of this poll and think: "Oooh! - I have a 43% chance of being fully supported by my wife..." It simply doesn't work like that... Sorry... but please do carry on...

(and obviously I'm not voting from the comfort of my secretive little closet... )

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Voted and it was without even having to contemplate the answers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Voted ...

Cast my ballot, but it really didn't fit my situation. I need a category between No. 1 and No. 2.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Aspiring Member
    A similar poll was taken by 210 crossdresser wives back in 2012.

Wives attitudes toward crossdressing:
    Most positive (“embrace it”): 11%
    Accept with some negative feelings: 23%
    Tolerated with both positive and negative feelings: 22%
    Not accept: 17%
    Dislike intensely: 18%
    Strongly dislike 9%
    Putting aside crossdressing, 55% rated their husband as excellent or superior.

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    For folks who may read this after - please treat this as a bit of fun... I'm sorry to say this, but this type of poll is not going to deliver anything related to reality - not even for the people who may have offered their situational reality...

As someone already pointed out on one of the other threads, it is not possible to make any predictions from gathering this data as people do not behave randomly and it is people (SOs/partners) here that are making judgments based on culture, values, beliefs and a whole host of personal and environmental factors... in addition:

- It's from an indeterminate population (remember this section of the forum is open to non-members - you have no guarantee that anyone responding is even a crossdresser...)
    - The responses will likely be skewed by the forum population being of a certain nature here and so only representative of those types (and that tends towards those that are already out and in some sort of tolerating relationship)
    - The biggest issue is that statistically, historical results have zero connection with future outcomes because you're talking about different people whose individual outcomes are not interdependent...

I'd just hate for someone thinking of revealing to get to the end of this poll and think: "Oooh! - I have a 43% chance of being fully supported by my wife..." It simply doesn't work like that... Sorry... but please do carry on...

(and obviously I'm not voting from the comfort of my secretive little closet... )

Katey x
    Well put - why I wasn't comfortable with assigning numerical values

I can't vote......I don't have an SO.

Y'all might be interested in this!

To my knowledge, there has been two major academic surveys of crossdressers. In 1972, 504 CDers were surveyed while the number rose to 1,032 twenty years later in 1992.

Docter, Richard F., and Virginia Prince. "Transvestism: A survey of 1032 cross-dressers." Archives of Sexual Behavior 26.6 (1997): 589-605.
    http://www.sexologiaenincisex.com/ar...e%20doctor.pdf

This is the section of the research that pertains to the wives' acceptance, but go ahead and read the article. There's a lot of other, interesting data:

Quote Originally Posted by page 591 - Methods
    Our subjects were 1032 self-defined periodic crossdressers, all of whom were biological males, ranging in age from 20 to 80. This volunteer nonrandom sample was acquired from throughout the United States by announcements at transvestite club meetings, conventions of crossdressers, and in magazines and newsletters for crossdressers. Roughly 30 to 35% of the surveys distributed were completed and returned. The data were collected over a 2-year span ending in 1992. Nearly all sections of the US were represented.
    Quote Originally Posted by page 595 - Results
    Wife's acceptance or antagonism:
    Completely accepting - 1992: 28%, 1972: 23%
    Mixed view - 1992: 47%, 1972: 57%
    Completely antagonistic - 1992: 19%, 1972: 20%

Wife knew of crossdressing before marriage - 1992: 32%, 1972: 27%
    Quote Originally Posted by page 602 - Discussion
    Author comments: "The wives of transvestites have complained that the solitary sexual satisfaction of a crosdresser husband can often be detrimental to marital sexual fulfillment (Bullough and Weinberg, 1988; Docter, 1988). Buckner (1970) has described how some crossdressers may construct a "pseudo-relationship" featuring themselves as their ideal female partner, offering infinite possibilities for enacting fantasy-based sexual scripts. It was not surprising, therefore, that 19% of the wives were described as "completely antagonistic" to their husband's crossdressing, while at the other extreme 28% were said to be "completely accepting." The remainder are said to share less clear-cut attitudes. Eighty-three percent of the wives were said to be aware of their husbands' transvestism which is similar to the 1972 report. Only one-third of the wives had been informed of their husband's crossdressing before marriage; this is 5% higher than reported in 1972."
    I'm guessing that the number of accepting wives would be greater now, 23 years later, with more information having become available online and a general societal increase in overall awareness since then, of LGBT individuals.
    Last edited by ReineD; 07-27-2015 at 09:32 PM.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Just voted, results look not all that bad 😃

Voted. {I urge all you to vote early . . . . . . but don't vote often (one vote to a customer)}

I too hope you get enough responses from this humble website to approach having a statistically significant result. Thanks for doing this.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Interesting

Voted! Hope it helps.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

As an interesting side note: I just got an email reminding me that it's US Trans Survey Week. So if you're in a polling mood and in the US you can go to

www.USTransSurvey.org

and help them out. (It doesn't go directly to the survey but to a place where you can sign up and check off "I want to take the survey when it's available." It's scheduled to go live in August.)