Thread: nights in white satin

nights in white satin

does anyone wonder if this song is behind an aspect of their CD fetish?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Pamela,
    I have a feeling Justin Hayward wrote it for a girlfriend at that time .
    I have it on the Moody Blues album , "Days of Future Past". It still a great album considering it was their first followed by a whole string of albums. It's still great to hear Justin is still performing and drawing great audiences !

As for a CD fetish connection well who knows ? All I know is remembering dancing to it with a French girl, what a night !!

Just checked Reine's link I wasn't far off, he was between relationships !
    Last edited by Teresa; 07-29-2015 at 03:59 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Not much wonder, we used to talk about that all the time.

Really

Really

Stoned.

lol.
    Last edited by Belle Cri; 07-28-2015 at 01:12 PM.

eh for me it'd be more about nights in PINK satin!

hehe!

or possibly back in the Dark Ages...

Knights in Silver Satin!

Simple, unequivocal "no." Never wondered that (to answer the question) and having had it brought to my attention find it completely unrelated to any part of my CD life. But thanks for asking.

Platinum Member
    Hi Pam, Not sure but that is one of my very favorite songs.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I don't think so either. Here's what Justin Hayward said about it, see first paragraph in orange.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1871

This reminds me of daily horoscopes. They seem to apply to so many different people who read them, because people read what they want into them.
    Reine

definitely confirmatory bias is alive and well in the world Reine, but also are imprinting experiences. I remember the song well from adolescence and "girls"/disco times - 70's. Then i remember buying satin sheets in Singapore in the 80's, and now i sleep in a satin nightie. Yes i'm connecting dots, but there's also something ineffable about the touch, feel and sensuality of cross-dressing, and I wonder if its more than just me, and it will be!
    Last edited by pamela7; 07-28-2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

No - never...

Not sure I have a fetish... was sure being a CD was something to do with this TG condition stuff we all talk about...

And as I probably started my fascination for things feminine a year or so before the song was written and well before it charted high, it seems increasingly impossible...

But I do believe that the Hawkwind track 'Silver Machine' is why I own a silver car...

And it's thanks to ABBA that I am a bit of a 'Dancing Queen'...

But before anyone mentions Rolf Harris and 'Two Little Boys...' Or Gary Glitter and 'Do You Wanna Touch...' I think we should have the cd.com attorneys review this thread before we go further...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

teehee Katey, i always liked "jake the peg" ;-)) so we're not in the glitter gang then?

i have no idea what's fetish and what's dysphoria right now, so pls excuse my wording, i'll get there someday.
    Last edited by pamela7; 07-28-2015 at 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling

I suspect that there is more to Bugs Bunny cartoons than the Moody Blues when it comes to influence!

do you have a furry-feeling about that Angela?

Ha ha. No. But as I recall, Bugs did cross dress a lot. Watching these cartoons at the age of 4/5, the same time as I started "borrowing" clothes, certainly had me wondering.

Aspiring Member
    Sparking a CD fetish, no. Sparking a makeout session, yes.

I watch Bugs Bunny with my daughter a lot. MANY instances of crossdressing. I loved Bugs Bunny and WB toons as a kid. Hey, hmmm. Makes me wonder (not really). I still think Little Red Riding Hood was the sexiest toon ever made if anyone remembers that one.

But, I can't believe we're discussing a song over 40 years old. Just shows you how awesome that music is. It's always been one of my favorites, by the way. Especially the poem at the end. Was that a famous poem, or written for the song?

You girls know we're seriously dating ourselves!

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Ha ha, I always thought it was Knights in white satin, and it was about the KKK.
    So what do I know, I'm blonde anyway.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I first heard this song in '68 although it didn't become a hit until several years later. I was introduced to the Moody Blues by a hippy chick that had thick black pubic hair that extended above her navel. I still have nightmares about it and can't think of the Moody Blues without thinking of her. LOL!

i'm sure she's waxed since?!

Maybe not, she seemed pretty proud of herself wearing hip hugging peasant skirts and halter tops. I shudder to think what she looked like in a bikini. But that's just my particular taste. I know there is a fetish for that sort of thing. But it's not one of mine. Anyway, my favorite song from that album was Forever Afternoon (Tuesday).

BTW, Days of Future Passed was the Moody Blues's second album. Their first album was The Magnificent Moodies and contained the hit Go Now.