Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often is too often?

How often is too often?

Hey all!

I'm just curious how often other CDs dress up? Should I be wary of dressing too much?

I'm just starting to get my wardrobe for CD. So far I'm only modelling a piece or two in front of the mirror once or twice a week. I can't explain it but I'm afraid that it might still be too often. I see how I look and feel in drag and it's fantastic but I don't want to lose myself in it.

Aspiring Member
    No one can tell you how often is too often. Crossdressing is a matter of personal preferences, and covers a wide spectrum. To a large degree it depends upon your status in life. If you are a young teen, living with your parents, and they don't approve. Then that's one thing. If you are an adult, living on your own, with no plans on marriage, then that changes things.

I assume you are a teen, so I would advise you to keep it the way it is. Don't try to change things until there is a need for it. Enjoy the moments you get to crossdress, but always remember that life is more than crossdressing, and keep your focus on the important things in life.

there is no such thing as too often, all day every day for me ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Hi Junius, welcome to the forum.

I think whatever you feel comfortable with is just right. So I wouldn't worry, although if you've got a partner who knows about your dressing, you should take into account what they're comfortable with.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That is something only you can answer, Junius.
    It all just depends on how you feel and if you think its too much, you do not want to get overwhelmed.
    But at the same time you want to enjoy it as much as possible.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Spammer
    Junius -

I think the real answer whenever you bloody well feel like it and hang what anyone else thinks.

Aspiring Member
    big question sis is "are you married"?
    also beware of the pink fog femme is a powerful drug
    but on the lighter side if you can still keep up your commitments
    vis a vis job, family, and home then you can dress anytime you want.

In the winter months I dress most everyday, not as often in the summer.

I'm not sure if there really is too much or too little. The more you dress you will probably become more comfortable with it.

Just be yourself and enjoy!!

Firstly welcome Junius...

I think the answer is: It all depends...

I'm dressing about once a month currently - last year was every other weekend: both was enough for me at the time, but because I only do a full transform now (makeup etc.) I want to make it worthwhile. It really is about what suits you and satisfies you - but I think you're right to be wary at first. Some folk here plunge into this just because they can or they feel like it - that's OK, but the feelings it engenders can have other impacts on you - again, a lot depends on why you feel you want to do this... When I was your age, it was a little about fashion and a look and feel, but a lot about sex... that changes over time...

Don't rush it - take your time to enjoy the journey - explore this place and move ahead when you feel comfy...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

When it disrupts normal functioning of other aspects of your life, it's too much. Too much can be too often, too much money spent, too much time, or too much attention that should be on other matters.

Banned Read only
    Junius,
    If you're concerned it may become an obsession maybe it's too much but we're all different and dress for different reasons and it does change the more you do it . The excitement may wear off but just feeling comfortable and at one with it takes over . Sometimes we push harder to bring back the buzz, maybe a little retail therapy or being more adventurous moving out of the closet .
    The point is we have a need that comes and goes but never will go away for most of us it's for life, now I've accepted that my attitude has changed and I wish the hiding and secrecy to stop and be more open with it .

I'm on day 5 in a row. All is well.

Once or twice a month was enough when I was late teens, 30 years later it's more like 5 times a week
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    Only you can answer that, today I have on panties and a bra under shorts and an old tee shirt, tomorrow it might be all out women's attire or all drab attire. I do know when the weather gets a little cooler and my makeup won't run or sweat it off I will do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Junius,
    If you're concerned it may become an obsession maybe it's too much but we're all different and dress for different reasons and it does change the more you do it . The excitement may wear off but just feeling comfortable and at one with it takes over . Sometimes we push harder to bring back the buzz, maybe a little retail therapy or being more adventurous moving out of the closet .
    The point is we have a need that comes and goes but never will go away for most of us it's for life, now I've accepted that my attitude has changed and I wish the hiding and secrecy to stop and be more open with it .
    Thanks! That makes a lot of sense. This is all so new that I'm still at odds with myself over this desire. I'm going to chill and let this be as fluid as it needs to be.

Platinum Member
    No, there is not a limit...unless somehow the time, energy and money you devote to dressing are adversely affecting your relationships, work or finances.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Junius, I dress for three hours every Morning and a couple hours a couple Evenings a week.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There were definitely times back in my dress-up days when I got too obsessed with it. Since dressing up included a lot more of the sexual satisfaction element for me than for some of the girls here, I sometimes found myself wanting to go for that positive reinforcement as often as my body was capable of doing it. I would have to very consciously do some soul searching and self-evaluation, and reel myself back in to get my life back into balance, so that I could give an appropriate amount of attention to family and work and friends and non-sexual kinds of fun--not to mention get enough sleep, too!

Once or twice a week seems perfectly reasonable to me, but it doesn't matter what I think. Try to look at yourself objectively and think about what you want your life to be, and then make your own decision. If what you're doing makes you feel uncomfortable, that's a signal to put on your objectivity hat again, and re-evaluate.

Banned Read only
    "too often" is when this interferes with life in general.

Everyone's different. When I was living at my parents house, and didn't want anyone to know, sometimes only once every few weeks. Same when I was married. Now I live alone and wear my girl things every day in one way or another (I sleep in female pajamas). Basically whenever I'm going to be spending more than a few hours at home alone.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

It is entirely down to your own interests, inclinations and opportunities. The users here seem to range from being satisfied with dressing up only once every few months, to those who are full time, and others who "underdress" regularly but don't wear feminine outer garments in public. For myself, I present as a nonconventional male most of the time (with long nails, high heels, a little makeup and jewelry), and fully dress once or twice a week for outings shopping, to my hair and nail salons, or meet-ups with like minded friends. Now that I'm out and about some, my interest in wearing women's clothes at home has mostly evaporated, except for trying things on and experimenting with outfits that I might wear outside.

- Diane

Banned Read only
    J:

Glad you found us!

To answer your question, I dress to go out (head to toe, makeup jewelry, wig, etc.) 1 to 3 times a month. I am a member of 2 different groups. One is a social group and the other is a support group. I attend dressed as it would seem odd to show up in guy clothes. The social group meets in a bar and grill and sometimes a small group goes out after the support group gathering.

At home I dress (neck down) at least 1 weekend day and maybe 3 evenings during the week. There is always some variance with this, but that is approximately how it goes. Often I will dress in an outfit or part of an outfit that I might wear out. The idea is doing a bit of research as to how it feels to wear a particular item for an extended period of time or do I constantly have to pull on it or straighten it, etc. Sometimes there are unholy combinations of materials between, perhaps, a slip and a skirt or dress that causes wicked static cling. It's good to know things like that before you have to get dressed in a time-crunched situation and are forced to rethink what you're going to do.

DeeAnn

Quote Originally Posted by Junius View Post
    I can't explain it but I'm afraid that it might still be too often. I see how I look and feel in drag and it's fantastic but I don't want to lose myself in it.
    Listen to your inner voice. Many of us develop tastes for things that we know might spiral us into the rabbit hole if we over indulge. It's a lot more comfortable maintaining a healthy weight, for example, when we aren't constantly craving ice cream, but sadly this is not the case for everyone. For some people it is a struggle, the lure of ice cream is too strong to resist.
    Reine

i feel I am in that rabbit hole.

The more I dress the more I want to dress.

I get frustrated that I have facial hair(YUCK).

Careful ... I need to be. It has almost gotten me in trouble. LOL

Hi Junuis,

I'll join the chorus. It's up to you to decide your own comfort zone. It will likely change with time. Most of us started out very occasionally, and then follow as we get comfortable. For me, always a couple of hours each day, sometimes all day -- but it's taken a while (like years...) to get to this point.

Whatever, enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club