Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Please close your curtains better."

Aspiring Member

"Please close your curtains better."

A rather religious neighbor, who knows I am a bachelor, quietly mentioned that perhaps I should close my curtains a bit better. "You had a woman in there last night." Suffering Succotash! That was no woman, that was me. He didn't bring it up again so who knows what he saw. Curtains are definitely closed better. I don't want him to see me living in sin

Ineke

My response would be "Perhaps you should refrain from peeping into other people's windows."

(Probably not, I'm not that good at thinking things up on the fly!)
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Here's how a pleasure dresser can piss off a nosey neighbor without lying or exaggerating:
    "That was no woman. It was a crossdresser I had sex with." Ha!

Privacy really does seem to be going the way os the Edsel, and DODO bird, in this modern world.

various alternative responses:

"why were you looking"?"
    "it was me"
    "none of your business"
    "what do you hide behind your curtains?'
    "how often do you have a woman round?"
    "did you want a threesome?"
    "Jesus wore a dress"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Let me know if he moves to NZ - nah, still not going to buy curtains even if he does move here.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Aspiring Member
    "Shouldn't widow Jones be told to keep her window shades all pulled completely down"
    Harper Valley PTA

Reality Check
    People sometimes look out their windows or glance at another house while walking or going from their car to their house. The neighbor was doing nothing wrong and he was kind enough to say something to you instead of continuing to monitor your activities or tell other neighbors.

You should have thought of this yourself but at least now you're aware of it and your post is a warning to the rest of us.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Curtains are a blessing.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

That's great, question is why is he looking through your window lol
    Formerly Lolisa

Aspiring Member
    He lives just across. Perhaps he was being kind, perhaps he was using his new Zeiss 10/40s his wife gave him, perhaps...... I should/would have thought of it - I didn't check to confirm the curtains were fully closed. I'll conclude he was being nice. Curtains fully closed - check! Skirt On - Check! boobs in place - check! Ineke happy.

Ineke

Interesting and I'm sure he was just trying to be nosy.......Nice I meant nice. I do like Pamela's alternative answers, but I have a evil humorist side to me and I might have responded with:
    "A girl? Oh yes, that reminds me do you mind helping me get rid of an old rolled up and surprisingly heavy carpet?" (evil smile) Gigady
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

The question should be how long was he looking in?
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Read only
    I would open completely or even remove the curtains and turn on a bunch of lights. Then I would think a striptease would be in order. Just smile and wave when the ambulance pulls away with them just after having a heart attack.

LOL! I say you should order some cheap costume wigs and let him think you have a different girl in there every night! ("So, my friend, did you like the one who looks like Katy Perry better or the one who looks like Britney Spears?")

You are a bachelor so why shouldn't you have a woman over and what is wrong with that... I guess it depends on how you were dressed which raised his question to you to close the curtains because if you just had a woman over which is no big sin then what was his gripe. There's a bit more to this story than you're putting out here honey. HOW WERE YOU DRESSED WHEN HE SAW YOU.... ?

Banned Spammer
    At my age, I can engage in the liberty of being bad grandpa (if you've seen the movie).

I honestly think my response would be to get decked out, march over with a bottle of cabernet and say "Hi! I'm the woman you were staring so intently at the other night through the neighbors curtains....you naughty, naughty boy."

I seriously doubt the issue will then repeat itself, and will have been his fault for presuming to judge.

Gone to live my life
    Cute story and thanks for sharing. To be honest, I would be more inclined to just say "thanks . . . will do" and let it go. Curtains make good neighbors IMHO.

Cheers

Isha

Reality Check
    Be aware that with some curtains, outsiders can still see shadows of what is going on inside the room (the basis for many country music songs in the past). If anyone wants real privacy (and who doesn't) blinds are much better. Or a combination of blinds and curtains or drapes.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    So is the date 1800? Are we not allowed to have friends of the opposite sex in our homes? That's completely over the top.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Well, not a curtain story but, a neighbor story. Back when I was a bachelor, I was completely dressed one day and I popped out front to check the oil in my car not really thinking that any neighbor would be looking. The next day, I was talking to the sweet elderly lady across the street. She was an Iranian national wearing a full burka that dotes heavily on her only son.
    In very motherly broken english she said, "I saw a woman in your yard with your car."
    "Uh, yes, there was a woman." I replied nervously.
    "She look like you!"

"She your sister?"
    "Why, yes! Yes, that was my sister."
    "I like to meet her, sometime."
    "Well, she's gone now but, she'll be back."
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by OCCarly View Post
    LOL! I say you should order some cheap costume wigs and let him think you have a different girl in there every night! ("So, my friend, did you like the one who looks like Katy Perry better or the one who looks like Britney Spears?")
    OMG...this is the perfect solution! I love this idea....I might try this one myself!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I would assume the information is now in the community rumor mill. Adjust your attention accordingly.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    OK, I got to ask. If nosy neighbor said "last night," just what were you wearing. I really don't think every zealot would chastise you for entertaining a woman except if he was peering into your window at 2 AM. Now, if you were totally en femme with wig and makeup and the "woman" was wearing a very sexy piece of lingerie.... well, he may be alerting you to the potential lack of privacy. My living room window is 70 feet from the curb. I know, if I do not close the drapes anyone passing buy can see us with good clarity. My wife is rabid when it comes to leaving the drapes pulled shut until she is out of her night clothes.

And, although you may add some more details, perhaps he has young sons who were using a telephoto lens or telescope to spy on neighbors, and, they saw more than he wanted them to see. Or maybe his wife went nuts?

Banned Read only
    I take it that you did not tell him it was not a woman but was you?