Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing at costume party

Really depends how your friends take you. Are you the goofy friend that's always trying to get a chuckle out of them. If so you might be able to get by with out them thinking to much of it.

I've dressed up for a party before and it was great fun. I was careful not to give the game away, I didn't wear underwear and made sure I looked like a man in a dress. If you want to wear make-up I'd suggest it to a female friend 'as a joke' and you'd be surprised how keen they will be to do your make-up.

I'll go against the conventional wisdom here and say that you should include lingerie. Why? Because that will make it more enjoyable for you. If somehow others were to find out, they might even be more impressed that you went the extra mile to play the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    There is a line that should not be crossed when CDing for a costume party /Halloween if you do not want to raise suspicions.. The line is not that well defined but one should not dress !00% female.
    One thing that is a giveaway is if you wear high heels ......and are proficient with them.

Every friend who dressed as a female like for Halloween usually his work boots etc .... more like some cartoon character.
    Certainly no lingerie was worn excerpt for maybe a bra for rudimentary breasts.

The effect should be it's a costume...... a joke ..... and not trying to be !00% female.
    Otherwise, the people around you will think that you take dressing as a female just a bit too seriously which is exactly what you do not want.

On the other hand, if you do do not care what people think, go for it .......just stay away from any Howard Wolowitz.
    Hmmm you've got a point, wearing lingerie might be suspicious, but like someone else said, also more fun and it shows my dedication, god this is hard! I'll need a bra anyway

Quote Originally Posted by megan_thomas View Post
    Really depends how your friends take you. Are you the goofy friend that's always trying to get a chuckle out of them. If so you might be able to get by with out them thinking to much of it.
    I'm somewhat of a goofy friend yes. You're referring to the dress-up or just the lingerie?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhian View Post
    I've dressed up for a party before and it was great fun. I was careful not to give the game away, I didn't wear underwear and made sure I looked like a man in a dress. If you want to wear make-up I'd suggest it to a female friend 'as a joke' and you'd be surprised how keen they will be to do your make-up.
    Well I'd let a female friend do my make-up anyway, girls are better at it and like to do it too

Quote Originally Posted by Nyla F View Post
    I'll go against the conventional wisdom here and say that you should include lingerie. Why? Because that will make it more enjoyable for you. If somehow others were to find out, they might even be more impressed that you went the extra mile to play the part.
    Hmm that's true too, I'd love to wear it and go all the way. Maybe I should just stick to a bra and panties then. Would it be less suspicious if I borrowed one from a friend?
    Last edited by jessica_brink; 09-30-2015 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Im glad your going to do it, youll love it. This reminds me of this past Halloween, my wife dressed as the Pope and I dressed as a Nun, with wig, full lingerie under my habit, and even a new pair of flats. My wifes whole family was there as well as our daughter, her BF even grabbed my boobs squeezing my silicone inserts. I played it off as a good laugh, even had people ask about the shoes and told them it was a small price to pay to finish off the costume. Youll love dressing for the party and your friends will get a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann_360 View Post
    Im glad your going to do it, youll love it. This reminds me of this past Halloween, my wife dressed as the Pope and I dressed as a Nun, with wig, full lingerie under my habit, and even a new pair of flats. My wifes whole family was there as well as our daughter, her BF even grabbed my boobs squeezing my silicone inserts. I played it off as a good laugh, even had people ask about the shoes and told them it was a small price to pay to finish off the costume. Youll love dressing for the party and your friends will get a good laugh.
    thx! i'm so looking forward to it, as well as the dressing up

It will be fun. My wife and I went as twin girls to a family halloween party, it was a blast. I would be a sexy penny, go all the way with lingerie and a short skirt. I went to my party totally feminine, lingerie including forms, pantyhose, heels, wig and makeup. The girls at the party loved it!! Good luck have fun.

Love Kim

Quote Originally Posted by kimberly c View Post
    It will be fun. My wife and I went as twin girls to a family halloween party, it was a blast. I would be a sexy penny, go all the way with lingerie and a short skirt. I went to my party totally feminine, lingerie including forms, pantyhose, heels, wig and makeup. The girls at the party loved it!! Good luck have fun.
    Wow sounds cool! About the lingerie, would it be less suspicious if I borrowed from a friend?

If its possible yes. But go the whole way all feminine, it will be a fun experience!!!!!!!!!

Love Kim

Abigail your a genius , that's a great Idea
    Please Call Me Mandy

I'm gonna come out here and say I was a halloween dresser for a few years. I know, people look down on that like Christmas-only Christians. You gotta start somewhere, I didn't know I was ever going to be out at the time but it makes sense now in hindsight. I don't really recall ever catching more than the normal ribbing about it, but I tend to hang out with a pretty open-minded crowd. They were just like, well, that's him. They've pretty much all seen me dressed the rest of the year at this point, so I'm sure they've backdated their halloween memories of me by now. Now the subject doesn't come up much, it's like talking about race, if it's not a problem for you, then it seems weird to talk @ with friends. They occasionally expressed support. Biggest factor here to me is really your friends. If I hung out with a lot of southern Baptists or gun-range guys, might be a different story (or not; Isha's experience in the service seems mostly positive). I think to out yourself, you have to look like you're used to it and comfortable with it. If you don't go out a lot, and/or haven't been doing it regularly for a while, you're going to look like just a dude in a dress, no matter what. I'm sure I still look like a dude in a dress to most people who don't know me, unless I'm really working it hard. (It's pretty obvious I don't shave my face a lot; you've got to hit that baby a few days in a row to knock it down enough to not stick up thru foundation =) I think to say more than that you'd have to go into detail about how you feel about not being outed, why, etc. Consider this a test case - if there's some of your friends that get really weird or unfriendly, ponder how long they are going to be your friends anyway. Most people think 'safe' crossdressers are hillarious, expect a good time. Never had a bad halloween myself. Now that everyone knows I have to think of something else to be though, showing up in a skirt & heels this year would be like showing up in jeans and sneakers.

Time to go for the chipmunk costume, I guess.

I myself would go as Bernadette, she is so hot and I love the dresses and tights she wears.
    Sophie Mosley

Reality Check
    Yes, Bernadette is hot, but what crossdressing guy is five feet tall? Penny is hot but what crossdressing guy weighs 100 lb? Amy is the one we might pull off.
    Last edited by Krisi; 08-17-2015 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Yes, Bernadette is hot, but what crossdressing guy is five feet tall? Penny is hoy but what crossdressing guy weighs 100 lb? Amy is the one we might pull off.
    Well to me that doesn't matter, I'm not trying to be too convincing, especially if I don't wanna raise too many eyebrows. Also penny is not the slimmest girl ever, which is fine.

When is your party I'd like to hear how it goes.

This thread has made me fall in love with Penny all over again. Why do the people I like not exist?

Reality Check
    Well, it seems you have made up your mind so how about posting a photo of you as Penny?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Well, it seems you have made up your mind so how about posting a photo of you as Penny?
    I haven't found the clothes yet, and I'm still doubting bout the lingerie. Also I've never put crossdress pics of myself online, bit scared to do so, but we'll see how it turns out.

Thumbs up You look just fine......

Jessica
    If you look like your profile picture, you look just fine.
    Kisses
    Yasmine

I'm so jealous! Totally do it! You'll be best dressed for sure

Banned Read only
    I checked your bio. At 22 years of age the crowd you run with should be younger and less judgmental than older folks who are set in their ways. I followed the link to the dress. Underwear? With a dress that short I recommend sheer to waist pantyhose and panties that match the color of the dress. My wife tells me a tight dress when a woman is sitting will rise up three inches. That's why you're going to need pantyhose and a good panty. Also, get a strapless bra. If you do not have breast forms I'm going to recommend getting a Nerf baseball and cutting it in half. Cup size? That depends on whether you want to blow this off as a joke or be convincing. I suspect a younger crowd may be more prone to do a little grabbing and squeezing. You do not want water balloons to pop. I read the comment about being too proficient with high heels. Wear a low heel..maybe 2 1/2 inches that are not narrow.

Yes, if you're too convincing some may be left questioning, but, then again, you may find out who is really accepting of cross dressers and who is not. At age 22 I would have made a really sexy long legged blond and had a lot of fun. Now? Aging guys would really raise suspicions.

Enjoy yourself

I wish I was invited to a costume party. I have never been invited to one

You know your situation better than anyone here and are aware of the risk you'll be taking.

However, the fact that you are thinking about it means you are probably going to do it someday....

You might regret it, if you do it. If you don't do it, you will definitely wish you had.

I say:

GO FOR IT!

Go all the way. I crossdressed for Halloween a few years in a row, and then I finally came out to some people. Some of them had no idea.

If they figure out you are a CD, you will find out what kind of friends you have. They may surprise you.

Silver Member
    Jessica - There are already a lot of good suggestions. I would think if I wanted to minimize suspicions because I looked too good or walked too easily in heels, I would either go for a comic look (obvious man in dress with wig) or go for an extreme drag queen look with 6 inch heels that force you to look unfamiliar in high heels. Overdo makeup, hair, accessories, nails. Laugh a lot. Ignore after-party remarks, if any, and they will not continue. By all means, enjoy yourself and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine1950 View Post
    Jessica
    If you look like your profile picture, you look just fine.
    Kisses
    Yasmine
    I am sure Jessica looks great but her profile pic is of Penny aka Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting
    Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/kylieintights

So how was the party?
    Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/kylieintights