Thread: Wide jawline

Red face Wide jawline

This morning I was running on the treadmill and watching the TV, which had Fox Sports on. Jamming along to my music, I couldn't help but notice the very pretty sportscaster. Looking closer, I realized she had a wide jaw. And she was buff. And she was still pretty.

I looked it up later and sure enough, Erin Andrews is her name. http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/fi...iday-night.jpg

Funny enough, she used the same makeup techniques I do (that the late John Warrener taught me) for hiding the jawline: a lot of bronzer on the jaw and highlighting powder on the cheeks.

People like that give me hope.

Banned Read only
    I've Googled masculine looking women myself and there are a lot of very attractive women with traditionally masculine features and they certainly don't look like He Man in drag, now that I'd like to see but might be a little too forward thinking for a children's cartoon 😂

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    They often say that when you look at your children they bear a resemblance to the opposite parent, my daughter has my features ( poor girl !) and my son has my wife's family looks ! So I guess if a GG has a wide jaw line she may resemble her father !
    I guess I noticed more as a photographer and it is very true in many cases .

Banned Read only
    Erin Andrews doesn't have to disguise a male jaw. With or without contouring, she would not be confused as anything but female. A "wide" jaw on a woman would equate to a narrow jaw on a man.

Masculine?? There is nothing any where near masculine about Erin. She is all woman.

Jodi

Just an opinion; the jawline is not the most distinctive part of the face I think it's the nose that gives a person away.
    Male noses are a lot bigger,if your lucky to have a smaller nose it is easier to pass.

There are dozens of obvious and subtle differences between male and female faces, and our brains compute them all at once to determine gender. Some of the differences are, male foreheads are wider, the brow protrudes, the eyebrows are straighter and closer to the eye, there is less distance between the nose and the lips, the lips are thinner, the jaw is wider, the nose is larger and longer, the cheekbones aren't as pronounced, the neck is wider, the facial profile is wider, the ears are larger, the shoulders are wider, plus many more that facial recognition software uses to determine gender. A male may have a smaller nose than average or no protruding adam's apple, but all the other cues together will still give the overall impression he is a male. This is why we can tell that Erin Andrews is female despite her wider than average (for a female) jawline.

Weight may soften or blur a male's facial features, although people can still tell that a male is male even if he is overweight. The good news is that facial differences between males and females tend to narrow as they age. Female features lose some of their softness and males lose some of their angularity, while both genders accumulate wrinkles and sagging! So I think it's much easier for an older CDer to pass than when he was 40 or 50. Our brains take age into account (we compare similarly aged males and females) when we determine gender based on a person's features. Conversely, it's much easier for a young CDer to pass, since his face is not fully masculinized from testosterone.
    Reine