Thread: Pharmacy story

Pharmacy story

I was in my corner drug store a couple of days ago, waiting for a prescription. I was in drab although these days my appearance and physicality no longer look all that “drab” anymore even when I'm trying.

The pharmacist was studying my chart on the computer while an associate made up my order.

After a moment he looked up at me and quietly gestured for me to follow him down to a quiet end of the counter. I'm thinking "ok what's up here? This isn't about insurance"

Besides the anti inflammatory drug I was waiting on, his computer, of course, also held my hormone records. And I had never spoken to this pharmacist before. So I am imagining a discussion where I am asked who knows what.* But what the heck....I stopped caring what people think of me a long time ago.

Instead, he quietly apologizes for invading my privacy but asks about one of the drugs in my program and its effectiveness in my opinion as it is one of the more expensive pieces.
    Turns out he counsels TG at a local support center.* He is an Ally.

We chatted awhile and now we are friends on Facebook and I have a new friendly face at my local drug store.

The moral? Friends are all around us. At least... if we are open and friendly in return. That staring face may not be staring in hatred or disgust but in admiration and approval.... or even jealousy tee hee

By the way, today marks seventeen months on prescription HRT. I am out at work now and dress however I feel for work each day. My kids are on board and both are tremendously supportive. My wife and I are still best friends but have jointly concluded we will separate, as "room mates" is proving an option not really conducive to the lives either one of us want to live. She wants a man for a husband which I can no longer be for her.
    And I understand totally. So do I.

Despite playing the part of totally heterosexual male for all those years, transition seems to have flipped my world around and I now find myself a totally heterosexual woman.*
    I actually started altering my body in 2010 (with things we cannot talk about here) so it has been changing heavily for five years (I'll try to post some interesting pics soon showing the change) but I'm guessing it isn't just my body that has changed.

Stripping away years of male armor has revealed a very different person.

And I couldn't be happier.

Hugs to you all
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Good people are all around us, that's true. The only way though to find out who is an ally is to get out there, as you have done.

Great story. I see that you are really enjoying your new life.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

Great story and it's nice to see a positive ending.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Platinum Member
    Hi Samantha, That's the kind of wonderful stories that make it all worth while.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

How cool is that. Great story.

hi Samantha, great story, you take care girl, if you ever need a friend im here, love peace lynda

Wonderful outcome to a great story. Thought provoking perspective on people. Not everyone is out to get us. Added bonus, your new friend is a drug dealer!

joni

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    In this world good souls need to find each other. ��

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Glad your doing well and felling great, Sammie! It can cause problems with your mind, but it is nice to know that a lot of pharmacists are keeping up with what you take. Even though I get my drugs from the biggest pharmacy in town, there is a pharmacist who would call me over now and then to talk about the drugs I was taking to combat Lymes. Well, that part of therapy is over. Since then Ihave begun HRT. I'm still wondering how long before he asks "what's up?"
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sammie,

I am glad to read you are moving forward in the direction you need and having another ally is always a good thing. Keep us informed of your progress.

Cheers

Isha