I was in my corner drug store a couple of days ago, waiting for a prescription. I was in drab although these days my appearance and physicality no longer look all that “drab” anymore even when I'm trying.

The pharmacist was studying my chart on the computer while an associate made up my order.

After a moment he looked up at me and quietly gestured for me to follow him down to a quiet end of the counter. I'm thinking "ok what's up here? This isn't about insurance"

Besides the anti inflammatory drug I was waiting on, his computer, of course, also held my hormone records. And I had never spoken to this pharmacist before. So I am imagining a discussion where I am asked who knows what.* But what the heck....I stopped caring what people think of me a long time ago.

Instead, he quietly apologizes for invading my privacy but asks about one of the drugs in my program and its effectiveness in my opinion as it is one of the more expensive pieces.
Turns out he counsels TG at a local support center.* He is an Ally.

We chatted awhile and now we are friends on Facebook and I have a new friendly face at my local drug store.

The moral? Friends are all around us. At least... if we are open and friendly in return. That staring face may not be staring in hatred or disgust but in admiration and approval.... or even jealousy tee hee

By the way, today marks seventeen months on prescription HRT. I am out at work now and dress however I feel for work each day. My kids are on board and both are tremendously supportive. My wife and I are still best friends but have jointly concluded we will separate, as "room mates" is proving an option not really conducive to the lives either one of us want to live. She wants a man for a husband which I can no longer be for her.
And I understand totally. So do I.

Despite playing the part of totally heterosexual male for all those years, transition seems to have flipped my world around and I now find myself a totally heterosexual woman.*
I actually started altering my body in 2010 (with things we cannot talk about here) so it has been changing heavily for five years (I'll try to post some interesting pics soon showing the change) but I'm guessing it isn't just my body that has changed.

Stripping away years of male armor has revealed a very different person.

And I couldn't be happier.

Hugs to you all