Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purging

Purging

After reading many threads about it. I was wondering what do you with your clothes do you just re-cycle them at your local clothes bank or do you hand them into the local charity shops ?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    When I used to purge, I would burn everything. I would start a camp fire, and throw everything on the fire one or two pieces at a time. The whole time swearing that I would never CD again. When I came to the point of accepting myself, I stopped purging. The last purge was in the spring of 2002.
    The start of acceptance was changing the things I could change, accepting the things I could not change, and having the wisdom to know the difference. CDing doesn't rule my life, it is just a quirk, hicup, bump in the road of life.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I do not purge - i like my clothes. I do donate things I do not wear either to women dress for success or salvation army in person.

Reality Check
    Aren't they the same thing?

I don't "purge" in the traditional crossdressing use of the word, but like any normal person, I end up with clothing that no longer fits me physically or that I just don't have a use for. My preference is to donate them to an organization that will give them to people in need of clothing so they can get and keep a job. Second choice is to a charity based resale shop.

At this point, I need to gather up stuff and make a donation to clear up closet space.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    My best opinion is to NEVER purge. If anything store your things away for a little while because the urge always comes back. If you need to thin the closet a good thing to do is donate your extras to a resale or nonprofit shop.
    Erica

Haven't been doing this long enough to purge, and I probably never will purge since I am accepting of my needs in this area, and I'm single and don't need to hide my girly things from my daughter, who lives with me and accepts me fully.

But if I find I have bought something that doesn't fit me well enough, or that looked great in the store but not good enough on me, or that I simply get tired of, I first offer it to my daughter, who is slightly smaller than myself, and if she doesn't want it, then it goes to Goodwill or to Salvation Army.

For example, I thought the outfit below looked adorable when I got it at Hot Topic. Not so cute on me, and the dangling sleeves bothered me. I ended up keeping the leisure corset top (in hopes of pairing it some day with a long black skirt or black jeans), and giving the white dress with it's dangling lacy sleeves to my daughter. We both packed them away for maybe using some time in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ceera; 08-10-2015 at 06:05 PM.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Years ago I purged, thought I could beat this, always failed, always ended up buying more stuff... Now I find it hard to get rid of anything even though I dropped quite a few dress sizes. But every so often I do have a clean out and my local charity organisation gets a donation...
    Call me Donna, please

Don't ever purge. Erica Marie is right about the urge. I have purged many times by throwing everything. I have many regrets about my purging episodes from missing the items to throwing them instead of donating the items.

There's a difference between purge and cull. Cull is selective. Purge is everything. You can eat and purge, but not eat and cull.

Guilty of purging here. Wish I didn't because it gets expensive. But when I do I take it to a charity drop box. There gain my loss. Oh well as long as its going to help someone out!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Eek god no, I couldn't purge unless this involves syrup of figs, but that's a whole new ball game .

I would give them to a charity shop if they are good enough or they go dans le waste bin. A little bit of franglais there.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

The title seems misleading Dominique.. or perhaps the content is..

Purging as we all know it is the attempt by some of us to deny our femme side, perhaps due to feelings of guilt or shame.. sometimes brought on by the comments of others, sometimes because of a feeling within.

You seem to be talking about clearing out some of your older clothes (i.e. in order to make room for new stuff).

When clearing out, I tend to bag a load up and then offer them on a local "free to a good home" site on facebook. Being a 12/14, I find my stuff is very popular and is very rarely seen again once it's gifted out.

As for new stuff that doesn't fit quite right, I have spent some time establishing my inner circle of friends, and I now have 3 female friends with similar styles to Abi, one is 8-10, one is 12-14 and one is 14-16, so I have lots of options to spoil my girlfriends with every batch of new clothes I buy.

And going back to the full purge, I don't recall ever doing such a thing completely.. I do recall throwing away 90% of my stuff at one point, but most of that was from my early days of dressing when I didn't really own anything practical. Even when I had a house fire, I spent more time salvaging Abi's wardrobe than my own. Purging the wardrobe never works because the clothes aren't the "issue", they are merely a symptom of the root cause.. and that root cause will always come back and make you buy another dress no matter how often you purge.

I don't purge. It either gets donated, sold or stays in my closet

The few times that I have purged, I think about 4-5 times actually, I just packed everything up and into the dumpster it went or added another garbage bag to the pile for pickup. I made sure that it was on a pick up day too so I couldn't go get it back the next day or whatever. Thankfully I am long past that now. A lot of money was wasted.

I still cull though because out with the old in with the new Now if I don't like something it goes into a box and my SO sells it at a yard sale. last yard sale she had, most of my culled stuff was actually the first things sold lol and yes, she kept the money too lol

If you feel the need to "get rid of everything" just put it in a box and put it away some where. this urge always returns and you'll be happy you did this at a later date. I know it's easier said than done because your hoping to put it all behind you and don't want anyone to find it but you'll save so much in the end.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

yup screw purging, haven't purged since 2011 but when i did I just left the cloths in a bag on the curb

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have never seen the need to purge because I know I will always be the way I am.
    I have a bag of clothes I don't wear anymore on the love seat that is heading to Goodwill.

Platinum Member
    I don't Purge I just thin out the closet a little to make room for the new clothes.

It's time for a trip to Goodwill,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

every time i purge i end up buying more clothes so i quit purging

I have had a couple bonfires myself. in the past. But finally accepted that this is who I am and I love it!
    Take Joanne`s advice here! Damn all the awsome things and money I sent up in smoke!
    And still pissed at myself over the knee high lace up 5in heel sexy as hell boots!

Very Well Said Gillian!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagirl View Post
    Years ago I purged, thought I could beat this, always failed, always ended up buying more stuff... Now I find it hard to get rid of anything even though I dropped quite a few dress sizes. But every so often I do have a clean out and my local charity organisation gets a donation...

Ia m with you, I thought several times I could beat it and leave it....dumb. You are what you are! I now am getting more comfortable with being me a guy who crossdresses ....what is who I am.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

When I used to purge. I would just throw it all away. I would wait until I could hear the garbage truck coming down the street on trash day. This way no one would accidentally see it in the trash. Like others I cringe at the thought of how much money I wasted over the years.

My last purge, cost me dearly in the money dept, not to mention emotionally. Just in the last couple month have real purchases been made. This isnt including years spandex and panties from the ladies dept. I did a reverse purge a couple weeks ago and got rid of some guy clothes. I havent worn those in years. I kept some for guy mode dates with SO. I had to make room for girly feminine things. I hope to not purge again, ever. We will see how that goes.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Don't even wanna know how much money I burned up the last time I did it! Thought I was done dressing.

It is going to work out to my financial advantage that I waited so long to buy things other than underwear because now my wife and daughter help me pick things out, it's great. I won't have to purge things, but when I inevitably grow tired of something or don't look good in it anymore, I will donate it.

I purged for the first time around this time last year, not so much for fear of my stuff being found out, but by the fact I hated how I looked in everything I tried to wear so much it was making me extremely depressed and self loathing, and very jealous and bitter towards all the other transfolk / CDers who were naturally attractive and passable, and confident and open about who they are with supportive families / friends and seemed to have everything going for them in life (I know it's foolish to make assumptions based on when people present just the positive parts of their lives on the internet) while I just felt like a pathetic sideshow, so I guess I had to stop at the time for the sake of my mental well being, but the urges never really went away no matter how much I wanted them to. I never had that much in duds to begin with so I just put them all at the bottom of a black bin bag to be thrown away after being piled on by the rest of the daily trash. I did keep my makeup supplies though. I had this one tassled tank top that I really miss now....
    Last edited by ShriekCassandra; 08-15-2015 at 08:10 PM.