Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Self defense.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.

Self defense.

Today it got ugly and my bad side took over.
    Normally I'm really easy going and don't let people get to me.
    I was in 50/50 mode like always and not really dressed overly femme maybe just call it rock star ish so there is some latitude there.
    Picked up a few things at the gas/quicky mart type store on the way home about 5:30pm.
    There were 2 bubba type guys in their 20's behind me in line and there were comments made about my long hair and earrings.
    I let it go paid for my stuff and walked out. Well one of the guys walked out behind me leaving his buddy still in line inside.
    The guy that followed me out put his hand on my shoulder and stated squeezing my collar bone.
    Here is where my bad side(good in this case) came out.
    I was able to grab his wrist and force him to loosen his grip by twisting his wrist,bending it down and putting him on the ground just as his buddy walked out the door.
    I must have broken his wrist because he was crying like a baby his buddy just stood there not knowing what to do.
    I let go and told him you don't go( f word ing) with people you don't know.
    The manager saw the whole thing on camera and came running out with a side arm.
    The two guys ran off and the police nabbed them at the other end of the parking lot.
    The cop asked for my statement I gave it and he said have a nice day bro' ya did good because that guy is balling like a baby in the back of my cruiser.
    The guy had priors in Colorado so he is off to jail there.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-12-2015 at 02:53 AM.

His hands were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sorry that this happened to you. this could have been done to a fem person who didn't fit the criteria of a G.G., and someone could of really been hurt. Good stop.

Banned Spammer
    It pays off to have the training to handle things like this.
    If I had been like I used to be I would have gone farther than I did.
    I used to be a nasty guy and I credit CDing and accepting my femme side for keeping him in check.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-12-2015 at 03:07 AM.

You did good, kid!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Glad you are ok. Some people are just plain stupid and shouldn't be allowed in public without proper supervision.

Banned Spammer
    The main point is always be prepared or at least know how to get scrappy if you have to.
    If you don't know self defense tactics maybe you should look into learning.
    If you are a good sized guy maybe you can handle yourself just fine.
    I'm short so pretty used to being picked on from an early age.
    I guess I was femme looking enough to this guy so maybe that did have something to do with his actions.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    Good work. Good if you broke his wrist. He had it coming.
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracii, It's like they used to say on the A-TEAM, I just love it when a plan comes together.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Way to go Tracii! You go girl!

I don't usually condone violence in a situation that has not been given a chance to be diffused by other means. But, as soon as he put his hand on you uninvited he crossed the line into attempted assault, possibly even able to drop the attempted part. Any time someone puts a hand on you uninvited they are asking you to show them how badly you can injure them!

Next time I go out I want you with me Tracii! I have no idea how to do that but I am glad you know! Maybe you can post some self defense video's!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Platinum Member
    It's a small and select group of idiots who commit most crimes. This one picked on the wrong person. I gotta say, though I'm a substantial person, I doubt I could have handled the situation anywhere nearly as effectively.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Holy crap Tracii! WAY TO GO, I have dreams about this, no, seriously!!! (plus, I carry a brick in my purse &#128528

Great job Traci and sexy too....confidence and independence .....good for you
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Good for you! And I'd say you handled that extremely well! Enough force to stop the situation, and not any more, really, than needed. (Well, maybe a bit more if you did break his wrist, but what I mean is that you did one action to stop the assault, and didn't follow up unnecessarily.)

Well done, sister! My martial arts instructors would have been proud of you! I certainly am!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Way to go sister. You took care of yourself and you did it in a civilized manner. No different than any male or female who knows self defense. You held your ground and protected yourself.
    It was nice to know that the shop keeper had your back as soon as he knew the situation and that the authorities also protected your rights. Good will always prevail over bad!!!
    Erica

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Good on you. I know the move you made on him, if his wrist is broken, he has no one to blame but himself. Self defence training pays off, you were only responding to his assault.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Sounds like you got him with a ju-jitsu wrist lock or hold
    Very painful and gains full control of the person in question... Well played Tracii

Very nice Tracii! I am so happy to hear that you did the right thing and being so courageous. Serves them right.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

The irony. He thought you were limp-wristed, but now he is. haha

Major props to you! You did awesome. I live in a big city. Getting some self defense training has been on my bucket list for a long time. I really need to just be prepared if something like that happens to me. You never know.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Well played sister.... Although breaking his elbow by forcing it the wrong way is a permenant reminder of the error of his ways... Hopefully he's a little more respectful next time...
    Call me Donna, please

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    It sounds like you handled that really well. I had something similar happen to me last summer, the first and only time I have ever been out anywhere in public in a dress. Although there was no physical confrontation I did end up having to talk to the police about what happened.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

glad things worked out for the best traci, i have to admit to being good sized and always felt it was a detriment for me as far as blending.... in that situation i feel that it would still be that way with no formal training and theyre presumption that being the same size it would be fair for them to hassle me....too many surgeries make me fragile so i may pursue a self defense class.....

thanks for posting....glad it worked out well and that your "bad side" is just rough enough....sometimes you just cant be "lady like"
    maybe he will find out about that at the "grey bar hotel"
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

One interesting thing to note here is how professionally the police handled the situation.
    I don't live in the US but there certainly seems to be areas where the law enforcement takes a dim view of anyone who isn't like them.