Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Self defense.

Hi Tracii, Indeed you did great. Your post is a warning to all of us -- if we are going to present as women (or be accosted by yahoos), we have to be prepared to face what women face. Thanks, I at least am thinking about self-defense training. And yes, I have to admire how the cops handled it too,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Well done! Tracii. Glad everything worked out for the best. Thanks for the reminder to always be aware, and when that fails. To be ready to fight when necessary.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Keep your eyes open and watch the people around you is the best thing you can do.
    Hearing the guys behind me making comments was my first tip to be on my guard,then the guy coming out behind me was the second.
    I'm sure he figured me for an easy mark so he followed me out of the store.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-16-2015 at 01:22 AM.

You know it Kid,, I love to Dance,, Drinking and Dancing,, Woot,,, Woot,, Maybe even pulled there Britches down and give those Snot nosed punks a Proper spanking Old School Style,,lol,,, Sometimes you gotta teach folks how to treat a Lady !!!

Banned Spammer
    Didn't want all this to happen but if the boy wants to "dance" I can do that.
    Pretty sure he got surprised and hopefully learned a lesson.
    I can't wait to run into his buddy again if he is still a free man.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-16-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Robin that move induces a lot of pain and the person can't really move to any degree without breaking their arm so they usually stay still.

I would have been nice to have Stacy B there for back up.LOL
    I know, I saw a few you tube videos with Marines practicing, talk about a simple but highly effective close quarters combat maneuver! As for backup, how about M. Moose!?

This really put a smile on my lips. The merciless side of me kinda makes me wish you'd broken a lot more than just his wrist, but I know realistically you did enough of what was needed to quickly get you out of a hostile situation that could've turned for the worse on your end if you hadn't reacted back as fast as you did.
    Last edited by Katey888; 08-20-2015 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Prohibited subject (weapons) removed

great news you are safe and sound.

good if you did snap his wrist, crooks/bad guys deserve no mercy.

sad this happoned, but at least you know how to take care, every now and again a fool trys to take advantage of what they belive is a weaker person, then they find out they are the weaker one.

Banned Read only
    As Traci has stated it is best, whether en femme or drab, to be aware of your surroundings and people. So many make the assumption nothing is ever going to happen to themselves. It's always the other person. There are enough creeps out there to harass anyone and everyone, who does not look like themselves. In most states what Traci experienced was fourth degree assault, which can elicit a stronger response than just injuring this guy's paw.

Ladies
    That is what happens when you mess with a girl from Ky! Traci I know what courage it takes to be you where you live. I face it when I visit but not on an every day basis. I am so inspired by your audacity. It makes my life easier to face.
    Suzanne
    Last edited by Suzanne F; 08-20-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Glad you are safe!

Banned Spammer
    Ky people in my area are very accepting in general and we do have a fairness clause that offers some legal protection.
    My town has a large trans community and going anywhere here is pretty safe.

Traci
    I agree that there are many accepting people in Ky. I know many trans people in Louisville. However, I know I feel a difference in acceptance levels while going about my daily life here in SF Bay Area as compared to when I am in my hometown of Owensboro. I believe you live in the Lexington area which I know has a progressive outlook as a city. But I also know on the fringes of Lexington there are some pockets of racism and trans phobia. I was not trying to lump all Kentuckians together.
    Suzanne

Banned Spammer
    Lexington is a very open place and lots of trans people out and about.
    Louisville has the same fairness clause and my trans friends there seem to be doing fine.
    I have been in 99% of the towns close to Lexington enfemme and never any issues.
    The band I roadie for plays in Louisville a lot and I have seen quite a few MtF TG's in the rock and roll type clubs and nobody bothers them.
    Its become so common its sort of a non issue.

I'm so glad you're safe! It's a great thing you were able to defend yourself and I hope that others out there are stay as vigilant and prepared as you were. It's important for everyone to be able to defend themselves from bad situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    I know, I saw a few you tube videos with Marines practicing, talk about a simple but highly effective close quarters combat maneuver! As for backup, how about M. Moose!?
    Thank you

Yes, I know close quarters stuff from my Kung Fu training.

What? Are we forming "The Trans Panthers"?

}:>

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Traci
    You did start this thread by telling how you were assaulted. Before you were assaulted they made comments about your feminine appearance. This was at 5:30 in the day time. I would say there is some trans phobia left in our state.
    Suzanne

Really well done.

I've been out and in a few places where I was extra cautious... It's an eye opening experience for me, really. As a man, I had two decades of martial arts training, including some time teaching combatives to the infantry back when I was in the Army. I really was never nervous about being anywhere, no matter what time of night. Alert sometimes, but not nervous. And I never truly understood why a lot of women would get nervous about being out on the city streets at night - until I was there as one, and really "get it" now.

Staying alert is important. Looking confident helps. And some self defense training is a great idea.

Banned Spammer
    Suzanne I guess long hair and ear rings was this guys tipping point or me not wearing baggy boys jeans or a flannel shirt.LOL
    Some people just have problems with people that are different than they are.
    Its not the first time so I always scan my surroundings.

Aspiring Member
    I been out with Tracii in Lexington a number of times totally enfemme as I could be at the time and felt extremely safe. I think Lexington and KY in general is quite accepting of us but we always need to be on guard for the unexpected. I was recently out and about with a Marine veteran and they commented how good it was as I looked around and was very aware of the surroundings. I do notice that most people go about their way and barely notice anything...
    Last edited by JamieQ; 08-23-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Sounds like you handled yourself pretty well. Sadly there is always someone who thinks their freedom is better than yours. All because you don't fit his social norm. Aikido works pretty good. It is a softer art and doesn't require punches and kicks. It will sure take a person by surprise.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Banned Spammer
    Good to see you posting JamieQ I hope you have been doing well.
    Our times out have always been fun and educational too.

Silver Member
    Nice work "Too Girly" I don't think so. With him having priors I think he had plans beyond squeezing your collar bone. He got what he deserved. I wonder what lame story he will come up with when asked how his wrist got hurt?
    I'd like to see how the others in the slammer would react if he tells the truth. "Well you see I got my wrist broken by a guy wearing cute earrings, lip gloss and capri pants." "I was just going to ask him where he got the earrings and Wam! The next thing i know my wrist is broken. His bracelet scratched me too! Just not fair!"
    Way to represent and defend yourself and our freedom! Glad to hear that CDing has mellowed you, you did good to stop then.
    Would not have worked out so well for me, I can't fight worth a damn.

Just so it is said, you don't need self defense training to defend yourself. Be Confident in your carriage. Don't look like a victim. Don't go into dangerous places (dark, unknown). Don't be alone. Get a permit to carry mace. Carry an air horn.

If you feel you must, then lots of places offer 'self defense for women' which teach some basics which can help to give you enough time to avoid or escape an attack. Even for a trained martial artist, the first goal is to avoid the fight in the first place. The second is 'create an opening to escape'. Only when those don't work do you reach into the 'bag of tricks' to physically defend yourself.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Glad you're alright. Incidents like these are part of the reason I don't go out en femme. Even though I've had quite a lot of self defense training, I'd rather not have to use it.