Thread: Doors

Doors

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
    -- Helen Keller,

Just saw the above quote. Sound like any one here?

I'm more of a "just keep breaking the doors down until they're all open" kinda girl

Doors, they are made to open. I've pursued opening any door I see as I went through my life. It has changed me in ways that are profound.
    Part Time Girl

Platinum Member
    Hi Laura, I have used that quote in a few posts about some member divorcees .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Until approx. 3 months ago, my door was nailed shut with boards across it and furniture piled in front of that, similar to those movies where they're trying to keep out the zombies.

No more, baby! Kicked down that mother f#cker and am FINALLY finding out what it feels like to be happy, out of the fog.

Still a few zombies to deal with but nothing like the hordes I used to see through the cracks in the door, waiting to destroy me. F#ck those guys. HaHa

Banned Read only
    Laura,
    Sorry please excuse my ignorance but I don't who Helen Keller is, but to me she must have viewed the World through rose tinted glasses , how nice for her !

I'm also sorry to sound so cynical but at the moment real happiness doesn't appear to be written on either side of my doors but I 'm not giving up looking !

Speaking of Doors, crossdressing really does Light My Fire. It's fun to Break On Through To The Other Side.

Teresa, not sure if you were trying to make that joke or not, but you do really need to look up Helen Keller to see just now ironic that was. I'm not laughing at you, but that's just funny.

Thanks for the good thoughts Laura
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Platinum Member
    She was a uniquely perceptive woman. I've had a couple of doors slam shut behind me and wasted precious time looking backward.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Not sure if you were serious about not knowing who she was but if you are here is a quick synopsis of what I know of her. Helen Keller was blind and deaf, I can't recall if it was from birth or just early childhood. But she overcame both by learning to communicate, a near impossible feat for someone with both maladies. She became one of the most insightful people to have ever lived.
    As for your own happiness, or potential for it, not being anywhere in sight.... Sometimes your happiness is too big for you to see it without stepping out of yourself and having the right guide show it to you!

It matters not what doors open or close if you spend your life gazing longingly out of the window.

Rather than waiting for a door to open, try the handle and open it yourself

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    well said Abigail......xoxo

Opening the right door is not always easy. Sometimes it takes discipline, patience and persistence.

I have always viewed an open door as an invitation.
    Count the cost, then jump.
    Always jump.
    Live and let dress.