Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has your Mother met you?

Has your Mother met you?

Hi Ladies,

After seeing kaleyg great pictures with her out for a meal with her Mother it got me thinking, how many of your Mother's have met you?

I ask the question because I really wish my Mother would meet Michelle, she knows all about me but she's not willing to see yet, not even a picture. I respect her decision but I'd love to have a girly shopping trip with her or a nice meal one of these days, she has said she will be ready one day.

So the question is, has your Mother met you and what was it like when she did? how did you feel? nervous? scared? was it by accident? and what was her reaction? Good or bad? and how have things went afterwards? is it DADT or has she embraced you?

Michelle

My mom and I are DADT

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda77 View Post
    My mom and I are DADT
    Same here.

Yes Mom knows Heather and she is mostly positive around her. She did tell me after I came out to her that had I been a girl she would have named me Rachel. Thought about changing it but after all these years I am Heather.

I wish it could happen, but my mother has severe elderly dementia and barely recognizes me in male mode.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    My mother recently told me that she was "glad you didn't turn out to be one of those" so she is never going to meet that side of me or even know anything about it.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    My mum is dead and never knew. She would have wished me dead had she known. Sad, but there it is...or was.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    My Mother did know and loved Joan, in her last years of life mom live with us in a Guest house and several time a week "Joan" would go over to talk to her, Mom was in the fashion industry for many years and loved clothing.. She is gone now but still lives in my mind,,
    Joan Az (((HUGGS)))
    JoanAz

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    This is a question my son and daughter asked if I should tell my mother , she's an active 86 and still has 2 jobs ! I thought hard about this and can't see what I have to gain,I'm sure she would be OK about it, one of her lobs is helping in a charity shop, and she's mentioned CDers buying clothes from her , she didn't make anything of it . I would also put her an awkward situation, I don't mind if she passed it on to my sister but my brother-in-law is one of those guys you just wouldn't want to tell , he would pass ridiculous and possibly obscene comments at anytime and anywhere.
    I came close to telling because her other job is in the Art Centre, she ushers people to their seats in the cinema and serves refreshments. I wanted to see the "New Girlfriend " film so she may have thought it odd that I would want to see a film about a CDer, possibly by myself .

Sorry it doesn't answer you question directly but I doubt even if she knew and was OK about it going out for a meal wouldn't happen !

My mom has been deceased for nearly 10 years. And she never got even a HINT of Gail-ness from me.
    But I can tell you that I don't think she would have appreciated Gail. (even though I think Gail manifesting herself when I was 14 or 15 had a lot to do with mom's personality: Let's just say she wore the pants in the family.)

In fact, I recall watching the news with her one time, and there was some story about Gay Liberation (that's what it was called back in the 70s, kiddies), and I probably said something to the effect of, "What would you think if I was gay, mom?" and without missing a beat she said, "I'd put you in the mental hospital until you were cured."

It's little wonder we girls walk a tightrope. I think we all expect that kind of reaction in one way or another. At least that's my experience.
    it's dumb to be racist.
    Can't we just all agree to hate stupid people instead? There are stupid people in all races, creeds, and faiths. It's a veritable rainbow of stupid out there, AND they don't know they are stupid. What could be more fair?

My mom died in 86, I think it was, just after my sister graduated high school.
    I was visiting her in the hospital and she said after all these years and her hating that I wore girl's clothes, That she wanted to see me in those clothes.
    At the time she didn't know that I was fully dressing, make up, wigs, shoes, everything.
    So I told her Lisa will come to see her.
    The next day I got all dolled up and drove to the hospital. I walked into her room and said hi mom, look who's here to see you.
    She opened her eyes and a big altho weak smile came on to her face and she whispered, It's nice to finally meet you Lisa.
    We chatted for quite awhile. It was actually the longest I ever stayed for a visit. We talked about a lot of stuff and she even apologized for throwing out all my clothes everytime she found them, and also for not letting me be who I am, basically hating that I dressed.
    I dressed one more time for her and it was about a week or so, she died.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

My mother has met my femme self and is very supportive. She says it's like having a pair of wonderful twins, between my male side and my femme side.

nope I figure its best to never show anything that would make me vulnerable to her, She will try to use it to manipulate me
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

My mom knows, we usually spend Halloween together it's always fun
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

No one in my family knows, and that's how it's going to stay since they are not accepting of anything that's outside the norm.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Lisa -- such a heart-warming story!

Quote Originally Posted by lisalove View Post
    My mom died in 86, I think it was, just after my sister graduated high school.
    I was visiting her in the hospital and she said after all these years and her hating that I wore girl's clothes, That she wanted to see me in those clothes.
    At the time she didn't know that I was fully dressing, make up, wigs, shoes, everything.
    So I told her Lisa will come to see her.
    The next day I got all dolled up and drove to the hospital. I walked into her room and said hi mom, look who's here to see you.
    She opened her eyes and a big altho weak smile came on to her face and she whispered, It's nice to finally meet you Lisa.
    We chatted for quite awhile. It was actually the longest I ever stayed for a visit. We talked about a lot of stuff and she even apologized for throwing out all my clothes everytime she found them, and also for not letting me be who I am, basically hating that I dressed.
    I dressed one more time for her and it was about a week or so, she died.

Lisalove, that's an amazing and uplifting story. I wish I could have had a similar experience.

My mom died in 2005. She probably knew I was dressing up, because the evidence was all over the house if she had any observational skills at all. But she never mentioned it, and neither did I. She had been somewhat supportive of my early explorations when I was a child, but withdrew all interest in it about the time I started junior high. I just never had the nerve to bring it up again. She was liberal politically, but I'm not sure that would have translated into understanding or supporting her own child.

- Diane

Lisalove, what a great story.

Michelle, My mother probably knows that I dress, mother knows all. But at 85 I don't think I'd ever discuss my dressing with her.

Aspiring Member
    I was out to my mum more than a month ago. She insists she had a son, and probably has somewhat of a NIMBY attitude towards me cross-dressing; she seems okay with the visible presence of transgendered individuals in certain areas of Singapore and has actually remarked that some of them are much prettier than GGs. That said, from both her tone and word choices when she first discussed the issue, she definitely fears for me being out and worries that I may ruin my life simply by being out to the world, and perhaps leave a scar on her for not remaining in the closet.

I have never showed her pictures of me cross-dressed; I anticipate an effectively foregone conclusion no matter how pretty she (or anyone else) thinks I am. It irks me, however, that I have yet to reach a level of vulnerability and openness that I can freely discuss this with her. I have attempted to reach out this part of me to her on a few occasions already, but judging by her tone she doesn't seem too keen on discussing it.

Mum: "If you found out your son dressed as a girl, how would you feel?"
    Me: (beat) "I'd be surprised at worst."

Most positively the last answer she would ever want to hear.

My Mom is well into her 80's and does not know, and I have no plans to share. She would not be accepting. She is still carrying on strong about how wicked and evil Caitlyn is. Seeing or hearing about Misty would ruin our relationship for certain.

My mother is 82, a former fundamentalist pastor and unfortunately homophobic and transphobic, so it can never happen. She would likely disown me and I don't want to find out. I wish she could accept it so I could dress up for holiday dinners. She almost caught me a couple of times when I was a teenager but I was able to talk my way out of it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle, My mother has been gone for 20yrs. now and that's one burden that I didn't want to put on her.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My mom knows about me but I haven't shown myself to her, one time recently I had changed into Sarah and my mom was doing things about the house and knocked on my bedroom door, she asked could she come in so I gave her a "if you want to..." As in I'm dressed alternatively. She came in anyway and was like "wow! ...wow!" She then said to turn around. She seemed fairly amazed which was nice, whether she meant it or not doesn't matter. I was combing a few knots out of my wig and she gave me some tips on brushing hair before she went back to doing whatever she was up to

Sarah
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

My mother passed away a few years ago, but even if she was alive I don't think I could never introduce my mom to my other side.
    My mom did know about my dressing but we never talked about it, although my current wife and my mom talked about it one day. Not 100% sure what they talked about, I just know my wife said they talked about me wearing panties and other lingerie.

Here is my story of mom meeting Sheila. Very Funny.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ing&highlight=
    Live and let dress.