Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went out for a late night drive.~

Went out for a late night drive.~

Well, guys and gals curiosity got the better of me tonight.

I had gone out dressed a little girly to grab some things out of my yard before the rain hit, and that's when the curiosity hit me.

"I wonder what its like driving a car in heels?"

Feeling the need for a bit of excitement I rushed back inside. Dawning my pads, skinny jeans, a drab t-shirt, and favorite high-heel boots before I snatched my keys and slid back out the door stealthy as a cat. Hopping in my "chelsea tractor" and noticing for the first time how long it takes the interior light to shut off.

Well, I was off for a loop around town... My first time away from my house dressed. The roads were pretty busy being a Saturday night, fortunately nothing extraordinary happened.

As far as the answer for the question,

Just a little awkward.
    Just Roll With It

Banned Read only
    Kaze, tomorrow or the next day that you are driving in male mode, try to count the number of people you really see inside their cars as opposed to simple peripheral vision. I think you will find the number is basically 0. And of course, no one can see any part of you from the waist down. We really can't drive safely and stare at others. I, too, used to be nervous when driving but now, I don't even think about it. Have fun and relax

Getting from my house to my vehicle was the part that held real risk.

I'd drive in full dress/makeup/wig if my vehicle wasn't so unique/known, the town wasn't quite as small, and I could get out without being seen.

Next step will be mastering the ol' 5-speed Porsche in heels. >;3
    Just Roll With It

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Driving dressed is still fun for me after all these years. I guess because I've never gone much farther than that. Being tall with huge hands and feet. I've always enjoyed the safe haven of the car. As said , very few people will notice you and those that do will only glace for a second or two so will almost certainly see a women behind the wheel, as they have other thing to concentrate on than your exact appearance. It's one time I can truely break free from my own male perception of myself, enjoy it no one is judging.
    Last edited by Jane G; 08-16-2015 at 04:30 AM.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Kaze,

As Jennifer notes, I don't really notice other people in their cars when driving, but if you're car is a little more recognisable locally, then you are slightly more exposed. Just hope for a report back of a friend seeing a gorgeous girl driving your car. I've driven in my block heeled sandals a couple of times, but I always use flats when driving now. So much easier and safer (that sounds like a lecture from your mum).

This is just one of those steps taken by others and me in our dressing art form progression and it is quite an empowering feeling to get out when femme. Just beware the addictive nature. I need to be getting out more myself, but I have plans in store now that my time outside of work becomes free time again.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    Kaze,
    Last time I went for an evening drive I was fully made up, wig, skirt, boots and a nice short coat I drove to the next town , even had to wait at a pedestrian crossing while some people crossed the road, they were only the bonnet ( hood !) away and looked straight at me and waved for stopping for them. After that I chickened out on the walk but driving back home felt so good. As for driving in my heeled boots it did feel as if someone had moved the pedals around, I'm so glad it's an auto box !

I have done this and it's quite fun. Funny how we get over sensitive to someone seeing us almost all could care less about who is driving in the car next to them and wouldn't even know me all made up but yet we think someone might see and recognize us. Funny isn't it. My biggest fear when I do this is getting pulled over by a cop as think that would be a bit touchy don't you think. It's still fun as it's being out into the world as a gurl which I can always do and yes it's fun driving with heels.

Banned Read only
    Being in a car does add a layer of anonymity for sure (so long as it's not a bright yellow Porsche 911 GTS I suppose &#128512. The first time I drove my 6 speed stick in heels was interesting for sure but you get the hang of it quickly, wouldn't want to try it on the track though, the heel-toe performance shifting...no, not gonna happen 😡

Glad you had a chance to experience something like that Kaze

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

hehe.. I remember those days well.. the fear of a neighbour walking out just as I did.. the worry about getting stopped by the police late at night (I was once stopped whilst in guy mode but wearing a two tone jumpsuit with large frilly red lapels on the bodice, neither office seemed to notice or care if they did). It's sometimes hard to imagine being back in that place now I am comfortable wearing anything I like at any time of the day (right down to walking out in guy mode with long nails painted coral pink) but that doesn't mean I don't remember the nerves and trepidation of taking such risks in the early days..

Good for you Kaze.. I hope you get many more opportunities to get out and about

Lots of Luv
    Abi xxx

Be careful, you know what happens when curiosity gets the cat. Just kidding, good for getting out even in just your tractor, maybe for a walk next time? but not too late at night, safety first.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just one of the many baby steps and I'm glad you enjoyed the drive.

It's more fun driving while wearing a skirt or dress although like others said people rarely notice other drivers. I can't do heels while driving though, flats for me

I've changed in my car after work and drove home some 30 miles In full dress up mode from the neck down. With my C cup forms hose and 4 or 5 in. heels. With no trouble at all. And the heels felt great to drive in.
    Angie

I have driven around wearing a Cosmo t-shirt with a bra and breastforms underneath and even worn a satin slip - that was pretty amazing. Getting pulled over would be embarrassing, so driving very carefully is the go!

I've driven dressed once. Late at night, and my town is small. I drove my honda to high school, which has(had, Its recently been totalled) a LOUD exhaust and a turbo. Very recognizable lol. Hence why I only did it once haha.

Edit:I drove that car to high school, so everyone knew it. I didn't drive to high school dressed
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Reality Check
    It's a lot more fun if you're dressed "all the way". Boobs, wig jewelry, etc. Just the heels wouldn't do it for me.

Driving is OK but it gets boring pretty soon. Getting out of the car and walking around a shopping mall, the business district or tourist part of town does it for me. I underdress to leave the house, then change in a shopping center parking lot. It's a PITA but you have to do what you have to do. Trying to sneak from the house to the car and back is bound to get you seen.

I agree with Krisi, that is what I end up doing. Getting changed in the car is awkward, even when partially under dressed, but a better option that being seen dressed near your home. you quickly realise that being dressed while driving is pretty easy, and I actually find driving in heels comfortable. Soon you need to pull over and get out for a walk to extend the thrill. I once pulled over to get petrol. That was nerve racking but nobody in the shop batted an eyelid. i think.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kaze the gas & the brake are not so much of a problem in heels but the clutch petal has to go all the way to the floor.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gotta head down a rough road to get a good bounce going.

I used to go out and drive when I was hiding from my wife awhile back but since I came clean 4 years ago nothing....then my therapist said I should come in this week and I did....yes it is more difficult with heels but I love it. My favorite part is fixing my hair when waiting at the light...I bet a few pickups in Texas liked what they saw...or at least I hope so...LOL
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Do a survey. Look in the cars next to you after dark. In most cases, all you can see are heads. And if the cars have tinted windows, you can't see anything. Part of our problems, is that we feel guilty, and we feel that everyone is looking at us. They aren't. Given all the men with long hair or ponytails, and all the heavy set women with mens haircuts these days, it's hard to tell what someone is in the dark.

I used to go out driving back in my college days. It felt freeing to be out, even in the safety of dark. I'm happy you did it and it'll get easier next time.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

As someone who just might be on the road at the same time as you are, I really wish people wouldn't wear high heels while driving; the area of the shoe as well as the potentially slippery leather material which leads to an inclined section can make it very easy for your foot to slip on the brake at a time when you most need it to stay put. Heels while driving, it's just not a good idea if you can avoid it. Yes, sure, you can do it. You have a license, you have the right to do it as you wish. But as Chris Rock once said, you can steer your car with your feet if you want to, that doesn't make it a good idea. When I grew up, we had driver's classes in high school. The driving instructor had the girls bring sneakers to wear when their turn at the wheel came up. I know lots of women who keep a pair of flats in their husband's car for times when they may need to drive. I know we all love to experience life the way the gals do, but lets try to avoid doing anything dangerous to ourselves or others.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    There are heels and there are heels. I've driven in 3" heels and I used to drive in cowboy boots. No problem. When most women think of heels, they are thinking of one to three inches. When most crossdressers think of heels, they are thinking of five to six inches. These are difficult to drive safely in (or walk safely in for that matter).

If I'm wearing heels, I'll drive in them. None of my heels are higher than 3". I usually wear flats, though.

BTW: Before I first drove in heels, I tried them out in a vacant parking lot. I found they didn't cause me any problem.