Thread: Rainbow Day!

Rainbow Day!

In a post I made to thank members for their welcomes, I made reference to a "Rainbow Day", and one of the ladies who responded asked "What's a "Rainbow Day".

Our Rainbow Day was in celebration of the diversity within our expatriate community here in Andalusia. Well, with all the fiestas we have, Paddy's Day, Burns Night, Fourth of July and so on, we felt we really needed to have have another excuse to party and dress up. You see, many of the expats here are "English". That means they are from UK, Ireland, Canada, USA,New Zealand, Oz,, Holland, Belgium - Finland and ...almost anywhere you can think of. Then we have the "The Spanish"! Argentina, Spain, Mexico, Bolivia and many more. Also, folks from Italy, Romania and so on.

Now you really did not need to know that, did you?

My suggestion is the we here on the CD forum could have a Rainbow day too to celebrate the diversity of all of us here.

The idea is that on Rainbow Day, you choose your favourite colour (or favorite color if you so wish), and everything yes - EVERYTHING has to be in your chosen colour.

Have to say that having worked for an American company for many years, I'm pleased to have learned to speak and write English again. A while ago, a friend offered to type my dissertation. I had become so American, she did not realize (realise?) she would have to translate it as well!

So then, who is up for it? Can we ask one of the moderators of this section to choose a day, we can all go for it and report back (with pictures of course) on the result?

Thanks again for such a warm welcome - and enjoy all the colours of the rainbow!

Platinum Member
    Seems like a fine idea...but I need help remembering my wife's birthday!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Catriona, I like the way you think (and write). Great attitude towards life!