Thread: Thinking of publishing my photos to Facebook Pages as transgender art.

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar

Thinking of publishing my photos to Facebook Pages as transgender art.

I have a lot of pictures of myself dressed that I have been considering posting to a Facebook page to share as art. I think they are really good (they might not be, art is so subjective.) and want to put them out there into the world. Maybe this is my way of being "out".

Does anyone else do this?

I am using a Facebook account that is not my male self to create it and will not be sharing who is the main admin.

I have created the page as a transgender artist but have not published it.

At this point in my life, I am somewhat closeted, and would like to keep it that way for the time being. Baby steps........

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ana

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have a female FB page and a male FB page but I use a separate browser for each page and have blocked the male page from the female page so things don't crossover.
    Just publish pics as art and don't give out info I think you should be fine.

Thanks Tracii.
    I think I am mostly just nervous and looking for reassurance. As with most things CD related, there is that fear of being found out or ridiculed or something before taking a step, then once it has been done, it isn't a big deal. Whether it is going out for a night on the town or shopping for dresses in a store, it can be a source of major anxiety just thinking about it.
    I am going to go for it. I would be happy to share with any members who might be interested.

Ana

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I keep my girl page all girl no mixing in any guy pics at all.
    I have plenty of female friends on my page that may not even know I am TG or a genetic male.
    The ones that do know on my guy page know about me so its not been a problem.
    If you want to add me on your page just PM me here and I'll give you my FB info.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    As per Tracii, I have both boy and girl Facebook accounts but don't mix things. That said, I'm considering doing just that on my web site in the near future. To hell with anyone seeing me there and putting two and two together. My Facebook page carries only a few pics that I share with my local group but there are many on my web..plug...plug.

Have you posted any here? I'm being too lazy to look on the site. If you do post here, they are only viewable by people with the prerequisite number of posts, plus you can delete whenever you want.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I have posted some pictures. I have a lot that I really want to share in addition. I also want to share them at a higher resolution than this forum allows.

I can send a link to my page via PM if you or anyone else is interested.

Ana

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm curious how u define, "Art", Jenn? I have a zillion pics of Sherry on her FB page. And, maybe 1000 Friends? Out of that number, I've heard the word, "Art", in reference to my photos maybe 10 times?

Much more often, guys want to send me photos of their unit!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I make some adjustments to color/filters/etc. and try too make them capture how I am feeling at the time of the photo. I have come to the conclusion that not only is crossdressing something that I do that is a part of who I am, it, in itself, is my art. At the risk of sounding pretentious, I am my canvas, my clothes and makeup are my paints. I like to use the photos I take as a way to share the expression of a moment in my all-too-brief time as a woman.

The rest of my time is spent being manly, which is fine, but this is another part of me that does not get to come to the surface and flourish very often.

Ana

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenn, See line #3 in my signature.

You say that you are still closeted, Once you put pictures out there they will be around forever.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Jenn, See line #3 in my signature.

You say that you are still closeted, Once you put pictures out there they will be around forever.
    Thanks, Blue Orchid! I feel that I am at a point in my life where I do not advertise what I do, but if anyone asks, I will admit it and own it. So far, no one has asked. I don't have many friends or any family who live nearby, but I think they would be accepting. My wife knows and is accepting (for the most part) so I don't have anyone in my life that I really need to hide from. I am just not ready to venture out yet (much) as I have moved to a relatively small town and am not sure what I want to do anyway. I tend to be a bit of a shut-in, so I don't do much. Perhaps that will change, but in the meantime I am going to live through the internet.....

Ana

I would get confused having a female FB page and a male page I would like my male friends to see me dressed in a dress

Reality Check
    If you want or need to stay "in the closet", DO NOT put photos of yourself dressed as a female on Facebook or any other Internet site. Even if you make a separate page for your female self (A violation of the Facebook rules, but who follows rules these days), they will end up being connected somehow and you will be out of the closet.

Be aware that you are perpetuating something that we cross dressers do all the time which is trying to live our lives in two separate and unconnected compartments. Doing this in private without benefit of any social media is hard enough. When you do this in public and make the two compartments open to the World all sorts of unexpected things may happen that you never planned for.

So when you do this be cautious and be prepared.

Do not do it, Facebook is too public and widespread, some have told close trusted friends and have gone out shopping and other things but so many of us have said once you are out there is no knowing where it could end. Would you like parents and loved ones to find out especially if you did not want them know?, If I was you I would take a step back and rethink this move, If having rethought that that is what you want to do so be it but be careful.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Jennifer...forget FB. Consider flickr. Excellent TG community. Being largely in the closet like you, I choose to post photos of myself at flickr, and I do find it's an excellent way of expressing myself and getting confirmation on style, etc. Flickr is all about photography and art; FB not so much. Please say hello if you decide to.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    my opinion...( for what little its worth)...i would find a better social media outlet to let your artistic side out...Reddit is a good place for that in the crossdressing groups, so is tumblr, or something like that....even google plus is a great place because it has communities you can share pics.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone!
    I think I decided to go with the FB page mostly because i am familiar with the format. I am not overly concerned about anyone in my life finding out. There are probably people who have noticed my hairless legs, or my nicely plucked eyebrows, or even my toenail polish and wondered..... But, so be it. My wife knows, I think my mom has always suspected. I discovered today that the company I work for specifically mentions gender identity in its nondiscrimination policy. If anyone asks,I'll tell 'em!

I am going to look into flickr......

Hugs,
    Ana

Reality Check
    Ask your wife if you should post photos of you dressed as a woman on Facebook. That will probably answer your question right there.

Facebook, reddit, etc, the fastest place to find out what your pictures are like is the hotornot site. There you will get instant feedback of how people see you, and its free, and you don't have to be 'out'.
    That said; it's been my experience that people who post pictures of themselves on the internet are almost always looking for feedback from others, telling them how good they look. You're suggestion that pictures of yourself are 'art' seems to reflect that as well. I'm not going give a rating of your pictures. I don't know anyone who is looking for 'transgender art' other than guys who want to have sex with you. If that's what you are really interested in, you'd be better off being straightforward about it and advertise in alternative sex websites. Self promotion is always an egocentric behavior. You really want to know how many people think you look like art? Put your pictures up on an online gallery or ebay and see how many sell. That will give you an honest review of your 'art'. Just be aware, most artist's work doesn't sell no matter what the subject, and the only person who wants to hang their works on a wall are their mothers.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 08-23-2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: url tags removed as it requires login
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Miss Ana,
    I won't be doing that, but a while ago I posted in pics section a thread showing a painting I've just completed that went on sale in an exhibition where I posed myself as one of the figures in the painting. My art tutor was very bemused by it !

I have a Facebook male and female page as well. I use my female page to post things that my family would not approve of. I have NO family at all on my female page. That's what the male page is for.
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

Good for you Ana. You seem fully aware of the possible risks of someone connecting the two pages so why not put yourself out there.

I have separate FB pages, although as time goes on and more of my friends and acquaintances are introduced to Abi, I find we now have mutual friends well into double figures. Like yourself I'm at the point of not necessarily shouting it to the world, but being perfectly happy to explain to anyone who asks.

The strange thing is finding out that very very few people either notice or care.

It is your image, therefore it is your choice. anyone telling you that you shouldn't clearly isn't respecting your personal rights.

I have posted many pics over the years on various sites. Sometimes we just want to be seen, and once we hit the point of "so what if people find out" then that desire to be seen grows wildly. And after all, if things get "too hot" for you at any point you can simply deactivate the FB account and deny all knowledge (even though we both know that won't be your response )

Hope you have fun with it
    Lots of Luv
    Abi xxx

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailJordan View Post

It is your image, therefore it is your choice. anyone telling you that you shouldn't clearly isn't respecting your personal rights.

I have posted many pics over the years on various sites. Sometimes we just want to be seen, and once we hit the point of "so what if people find out" then that desire to be seen grows wildly.

Hope you have fun with it
    Lots of Luv
    Abi xxx
    Thanks, Abi!

It really does come down to "just wanting to be seen..." I am not looking for admirers. I just want to present myself as I see myself.

I signed up for Flickr, my link is in my signature for anyone who wants to be friends....

Ana
    Last edited by 27th Jennifer; 08-23-2015 at 08:36 PM.

The mods will probably edit your post Ana, they consider it bad etiquette to quote an entire post especially if replying immediately after it lol

I hope your experience on flickr is positive.. let us all know how it goes xx