Thread: Old School Thinking

Banned Read only

Old School Thinking

I think I look pretty good wearing heels, girl jeans, soft clingy top with breast forms; much more so than in guy clothes. I'm really turned on to that feminine hour glass shape and the clothes that enhance it. If women are accepted for having breast implants to enhance small breasts is that any different than me wearing forms, they are both the same, artificial; and I could go on and on about hair, make up, etc. So if I like looking feminine and a brunet wants to look blond, what's really the difference. The difference is she is accepted, I am not. WHY

Yea I know women have boobs and men don't but if I had started female hormones at age 12 I would have a better looking female body than her, I think society can't see this, they are stuck in "old school thinking.

Am I right, will this change?

Hard to say my friend. I don't sit around worrying about it. I go out, have fun dancing and socializing and enjoy it. If other folks don't like it. oh well.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    Expecting men to look and act like men and not dress up as females with breast forms, hip padding and a wig is "old school"?

I don't think so. Will this change? Again, I don't think so.

Society has expected men to look like men and women to look like women since the beginning of human history. Some people may accept that you are "different" but most will not. It's not going to change anytime soon. In some parts of the world you can be stoned to death for crossdressing. In the USA you're lucky if you don't get laughed at.

Some women will say there is more to being a woman than "boobs" "heels" etc etc but with regard to a fashion sense there technically should be no reason we shouldn't want to wear fake tan, trim your eye brows, have nice hair etc etc, it is all cosmetic and "fake" in all reality.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

It's just socially conditioned patriarchal established sexist bullshit. In most cultures men are considered the dominant and ruling gender 'class' who have all the power and dealings with all the major functionings and ideas of society while women as a whole are regarded as lesser, inferior beings with no real social importance beyond looking attractive for potential breeding mates, helping to continue the existence of the species by fertilizing a male's sperm, and rearing the offspring. it's considered taboo and unnatural that a man would 'lower' himself to the status of a woman by having an interest in stereotypically 'feminine' things, being the romantic / sexual partner of another man, or worst of all actually wanting to become one himself.
    Last edited by ShriekCassandra; 08-17-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Yea I know women have boobs and men don't but if I had started female hormones at age 12 I would have a better looking female body than her, I think society can't see this, they are stuck in "old school thinking.

Am I right, will this change?
    Yes, they are stuck in their idiocy. And yes, you are right. And yes, this will change, this is starting to change. This idiocy will fade in the future, and people will no longer have to deal with all this stupid sexism.

It's just socially conditioned patriarchal established sexist bullshit.
    Cassandra's post is TRUTH. I applaud it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Many people, mostly men, r afraid we r trying to fool them. When they can easily tell we r "men in dresses", they may chuckle or just think, "WTF?"

I am one of those that can't pass when viewed from the front or when they hear me speak.

I believe when they find one us that passes, attractive, (which may be me seen from the back), some men will be angry or upset that they were fooled. Probably with themselves but they may take it out on us!

Remember, men r simple creatures. And, r interested in the basics; food, drink, sleep, sex, and hangin' with their budds. If that's what u call, "old school", so be it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The differences between the genders is sexism? Who knew???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    Why are you not accepted in breast forms but women with implants are? BECAUSE YOURE A DUDE!

Your comparison is not remotely similar. Would a woman be accepted with a beard? No!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Jennifer pretty much nailed it.
    You can complain all you want it won't change perceptions people have.
    As far as wearing forms in guy mode go ahead and do it I'm sure the world won't stop spinning.
    I have done it plenty of times, some people notice and some don't so rather that complain just do it if thats what you want to do.
    The only person stopping you is you.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Your comparison is not remotely similar. Would a woman be accepted with a beard? No!
    Only as a carnival performer.
    Last edited by Katey888; 08-18-2015 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Fixed quote box
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think some of you are missing the point here. Either you are missing it, or I'm missing it.

But my interpretation is that, Deebra is not asking about perceptions of people at all, Deebra is asking why is crossdressing still unaccepted under the stupid societal norms we deal with everyday. Why they give us ilogical explanations that just stem from intolerance of other people's liberties, and make comparisons that should not be made because they don't explain anything coherent, such as "she is a woman, she can have implants, you can not". Well I can have implants too as a dude, the thing is that you (society) doesn't seem to like it, and you (society) not liking it, means nothing objective.

In the end, this thread translates into Deebra's desperate feelings to understand why, given the logical argument that everyone should be free to express as they see fit, that she sees incongruent with society's approval of other things that are indeed comparable, like for example being blond and becoming brun.

A more radical example would be the bleaching of one's skin to appear lighter. This seems to be more accepted than a dude with boobs. Yes it is comparable, its comparable on the grounds of personal freedom.

The difference is she is accepted, I am not. WHY
    Sexism, bigotry and wanting to dictate other people's life is why.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 08-17-2015 at 01:32 PM.

How much longer are closet cases going to complain that nobody accepts them?

If you want to be free, then come out. If every closeted CD or homo came out tomorrow this world would literally change overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Reality Check
    Asking a bunch of crossdressers why crossdressing is not accepted by society is pretty pointless as evidenced by all the name calling.

You want to know why crossdressing is not accepted by society? Pose your question somewhere else, not to crossdressers. Post it on a fishing or bowling forum. Post it on a golfing or model airplane forum. Or just stop people on the street and ask.

Asking on this forum is like asking patients in the nut house if they are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    If you want to be free, then come out. If every closeted CD or homo came out tomorrow this world would literally change overnight.
    I don't know about overnight, but there is a lot of truth in this statement otherwise.

There are no laws prescribing how anyone should look, beyond the constraints of common decency, as there are no laws prescribing what others should think about the way you decide to dress. While no-one should be in fear of assault or abuse by others over their chosen presentation, you will never - NEVER - be able to stop some people thinking that what we do is wrong; abhorrent; weird... And by the way, nor should we be wanting that, because liberties extend to others being allowed to think and form opinions for themselves.

Education will help - but anyone can get out there now in most of western society, dressed any way they want.

If you really want to...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Asking a bunch of crossdressers why crossdressing is not accepted by society is pretty pointless as evidenced by all the name calling.

You want to know why crossdressing is not accepted by society? Pose your question somewhere else, not to crossdressers. Post it on a fishing or bowling forum. Post it on a golfing or model airplane forum. Or just stop people on the street and ask.

Asking on this forum is like asking patients in the nut house if they are insane.
    I like your no non sense approach .

It will change but it's going to take a long time. In the interim all we can do is be ourselves and as long as we are not harming anyone not let societal norms determine our happiness.