Quote Originally Posted by sarab View Post
I was shocked at how naturally I slipped into that stereotypical female mode when I was with him....passive and somewhat submissive but totally enraptured.
s:

Understood. I agree with exactly what you said. While the experience was long before I dressed, I decided that I wanted to have the experience from the passive perspective. Afterwards, what occurred to me was just what you said. I had slipped into That Mode with no regrets and no hesitation. I was just being another part of me that I had not experienced before.

However, there is a parallel here for me regarding dressing. When I did start to dress, I experienced very little of the shame and guilt that many talk about. When I first started going out, the thought was never "What am I doing in the "wrong" clothes?". Once again, I was just being another part of me that I had not experienced before.

It's a bit surprising to consider, but perhaps coming out as bisexual a few years before I started dressing perhaps set the stage. I think it made dealing with the idea of being transgender easier.

It may seem odd as this isn't how it works out for most people. However, if there is one thing that I've learned, there isn't a whole lot about me that is like most people.

DeeAnn