Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fully out man in a dress

Hi Blue Orchid,
    and real friends also do care, just not about your clothing!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    While "tweaking" someone's nipple is inappropriate unless it's friends playing around, I have a very difficult time calling it an "assault". If nipple tweaking is assault, what would a fist to the jaw be called?
    That would be called aggravated assault in the US, and Grievous Bodily Harm in the UK.

An assault is any intimate contact that causes harm or offense to the recipient, this includes verbal assault and non physical bullying as well.

Banned Read only
    Good for you Pamela!!!! Not my style but I have always believed that you must go as you feel most comfortable and free. You are doing that. Enjoy!

The next adventure begins tomorrow, where I'm in a field for 7-8 days with a bunch of folks putting on a festival.
    It could be very muddy, the probability of showers is near zero, and the loos/washing likelt primitive in extreme.
    I still want to go as dressed as possible, but there's a trade on not ruining my femme things.
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

Pam, I did what you did, six times lately, but today, the fear ans insecurity came back big, and i chickened out.

Hi Alice,

it's okay to chicken out and play safe. One never knows when its an intuition saving ourself.

So I'm back - 7 days / 6 nights at the festival, in ladies clothing most the time. My hot-pink cami tunics got lots of rave praise, smiles and bemused looks. Apart from small children asking me "why are you wearing ladies clothing?", all was well, and actually I made far more connections than I've ever done at such an event before!

there are pockets of acceptance. i live a self-styled "liberal" city on the west coast, and i'm sure that if i went out dressed, it would likely be fine... but there are certain parts of the state (and a lot of my home state) where dressing could be perceived very negatively and could be inviting harm. caution seems to me to be a good idea, but it's also a personal case of risk management, and that will vary with each of us.

as far as getting tweaked... well, if i were out as "theresa-renee", and some young punk touched me like that, i think "she" would take a step back and "he" would come out to handle matters. nobody has the right to touch you in an uninvited fashion.

I am on the Redneck Riviera. If I came out that way I am sure I wouldn't make it home. Homophobia was born here and is still doing nicely thank you very much. I will stay indoors for the foreseeable future.
    "Life is too damn short to get hung up on gender issues" - Me

Silver Member
    Just like that fact that one of us was attacked doesn't mean that will happen to all of us nor the fact that one of us going out clearly as a man cross-dressed to a pub mean all here will be received in a positive welcoming way. I think that individually we have the best view of what we can and can not do. YMMV

Gigs at pubs always seem the most relaxing and accepting.

Yes go with friends, solo can be a little taxing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Pamela,
    Truly inspiring in my eyes. I am getting there. Walking dog late in the evening in skirt. Mostly empty streets though. Wife and kids are fine - and their acceptance is more important to me than that of neighbor's. I also hold the belief that to bend the norms of the society in our favor we have actively do something about it. We can't just seat and wait that things will change for us on their own. I am fine with being recognized as guys in a skirt. I am not a girl nor do I feel like one. Yet, I know I need to have a way to express my feminine part of my self to feel whole and I do that by wearing women's clothes. When someone has a friend who is CD or know a CD and they know that person is a good normal person, they start feeling more open to it. And that is how the attitude has changed in the US towards same sex couples. As more people were coming out and became opened about it, the tied started to change in their favor.