Thread: "no offense"

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar

"no offense"

This is short and sweet. I haven't dressed in a while so today, my wife goes to my mom's. my son is at work and it's just me and my 13 year old daughter. She's playing Minecraft and I turn to her and say "I'm going to go take a shower and put on a dress". Without missing a beat, she says "Ok, so you want to cross-dress...no offense". I think she was thinking saying "cross-dress" might offend me! Got dressed and she didnt make any comments, just went about playing her game.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Mine is the same, can't get her out of Minecraft and recently she has found a new minecraft virtual world, she so used to me in a dress or skirt that I don't even get a raised eyebrow.
    I do find my girls still get a surprise when I have my wig on however, as it takes a few micro seconds for it to register it's me in the house.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Wow, I watched a you tube video about 'crossdress day' at an elementary school intended to teach tolerance at an early age. I posted the link but it was a little too old to be relevant but interesting none the less.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Interesting.
    Tolerant.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

This younger generation, go figure, acceptance is getting here it just takes time.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

My 13 year old has seen me in a skirt for years. It doesn't even get a bump at this point.. not acknowledged in the slightest. No because of blinders, it is because of acceptance.

Our kids in this age range have had so much 'coexistence' influences aimed at them, I don't think it even registers as a thing. This is good.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Silver Member
    "Not a big deal " is how I would describe my objective in dealing with others. So that people respond to me in a dress the same way as they would when I'm in drab. A lofty objective, and probably unattainable, but that doesn't stop me trying. For me, it starts with my not making a big, flamboyant "Look at me!" production when I'm out. I'm just there, no big deal. My wife is on board now, after a long adjustment period. Now, I can see her sizing up my outfit as she continues her conversation with me without missing a beat. My 27 yo daughter, not so much. For her, liberalism ends at the front door and she hates my CD tendency with a visceral, irrational hate that is out of proportion to the magnitude of my "crime". Win some, lose some. So it is in the rest of the world.

This thread caught my eye because this is something I've heard from my younger cousins and their friends about EVERYTHING, even if it wouldn't be offensive and they know it. It's become some new catch phrase with them. Totally unrelated to your situation but it made me giggle. The girls are 11 and 13 and every sentence starts no offense but--."No offense, but I like chocolate ice cream better than vanilla", "I have to go feed the dogs, no offense", "No offense, but i'm going to be done with choir early today so you know... no offense." " no offense but that chihuahua is adorable". I don't know what this is, if it is sweeping the nation, or why they tag everything with it, but they do.

It also sounds like she is a wonderful and accepting young lady... I also have trouble pulling away from Minecraft lol.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Whats nice is that the family is onboard with it. My 16 year old son asked the other day when he would see Carroll again.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Reality Check
    That's fine but you have to worry about her telling her friends or neighbors that her father is a crossdresser. Unless you don't care.

This is what I always say, younger generations are much more open to anything, not just crossdressing.

Many of you are in age groups too far from newer generations and thats why you still think there is no acceptance, but you are wrong, acceptance will come sooner than you think.

HarleyQuinn: This thread caught my eye because this is something I've heard from my younger cousins and their friends about EVERYTHING, even if it wouldn't be offensive and they know it. It's become some new catch phrase with them. Totally unrelated to your situation but it made me giggle. The girls are 11 and 13 and every sentence starts no offense but--."No offense, but I like chocolate ice cream better than vanilla", "I have to go feed the dogs, no offense", "No offense, but i'm going to be done with choir early today so you know... no offense." " no offense but that chihuahua is adorable". I don't know what this is, if it is sweeping the nation, or why they tag everything with it, but they do.
    And it is .. Like So Annoying .. when they like say that!! ;-)

The sad thing is that in todays world, everybody seem to be taking most everything as offensive, so maybe they are just being smart, just in case someone disagree and do take offence about that Chihuahua being cute!
    "Your honor, in my statement regarding the defendants dog, I made it clear that my opinion was not to be considered offensive!".

- Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    "Your honor, in my statement regarding the defendants dog, I made it clear that my opinion was not to be considered offensive!".

- Suzie
    Lol yessss.

Wow, some of you are so fortunate to have your family on board with your CDing.