Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever see other gurls in public, while your in drab

Reality Check
    This is apparently the year of the "Politically Correct". One has to tread on egg shells to avoid offending someone. I offended a member the other day with a word and she felt compelled to tell us all about it.

I don't use the term "gurl" personally but I'm not going to get upset enough about it to make a scene. I think the term"crossdresser" works as well or better and my computer's dictionary doesn't flag it as misspelled.

I live just north of Dupont Circle in a section of DC with a lot of clubs and bars. From my vantage point, endrab, I probably see 2-3 gurls on any given weekend. My fiancee is the one who usually clocks them and mentions it.

Chances are if you spend a lot of time in a large city, you will see CDers dressed. You seem them all the time dressed in mens clothes lol. I do occasionally see someone dressed in larger malls. I saw someone when I was vacationing in Salem Mass. I never attempt to make any contact or make any comments. I just let them go about their day.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Not often, I must be selectively blind.

I am too busy looking at what other girls are wearing and how do they get to look like they do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    I've had a crossdresser approach me, while they were in super secret closeted guy mode. He quietly told me about how he likes to wear womens cloths sometimes too, or do his nails.
    Not so good for me though to have people thinking I am a crossdresser too. Just another guy in a dress to play spot the tranny with, right?

How do you know the woman in the 7 11 was really a crossdresser like you?

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I have seen others. Only if it was pretty obvious though. Never approached anyone or spoke to anyone though. Had a job several years ago in which i had to transport some to a party. They were not so obvious, until they spoke. That gave it away. I was impresssed with their skills. Looked better than some GG's I have seen.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    I've had a crossdresser approach me, while they were in super secret closeted guy mode. He quietly told me about how he likes to wear womens cloths sometimes too, or do his nails.
    Not so good for me though to have people thinking I am a crossdresser too. Just another guy in a dress to play spot the tranny with, right?

How do you know the woman in the 7 11 was really a crossdresser like you?
    your right no one can be as awesome as me, but she sure did try
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

When I worked in shopping center in Florida, I went to work at 6am in the dark. Several times there was a crossdresser who would get out of "Her" car and just walk around and have a smoke. One time I tried to approach "her" to say hello and she panicked and ran back to the car and took off.
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    This is apparently the year of the "Politically Correct". One has to tread on egg shells to avoid offending someone. I offended a member the other day with a word and she felt compelled to tell us all about it.

I don't use the term "gurl" personally but I'm not going to get upset enough about it to make a scene. I think the term"crossdresser" works as well or better and my computer's dictionary doesn't flag it as misspelled.
    I can't stand the PC narrative and refuse to abide by it. I didn't even know "gurl" had any sort of negative connotation.

As far as the thread topic goes,

Not that I've noticed. However, apparently there's some pretty popular gay bars and a Drag Show in the closest city to me.

Actually, I ran into full T-Girl a few years ago. She was a diva, and not in a good way. >->
    Last edited by Kaze_; 08-25-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    Just Roll With It

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I see them all the time.....but that could be I hang out with them, even in guy mode LOL........but seriously I have seen a few, most resent was in a thrift store , another in the mall...seen a few hobbling hunchbacks in nyc , one or 2 at str8 bars.....they are out there....

Yes i have. Rarely, but i have seen other cd'ers. It was kinda before i really accepted myself as one too but of course i was interested by it. I dont think i would approach another cd'er in the street unless i had a reason to talk to them though..

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    I never see other CDers. My rule is: "If you're presenting as a woman, then you are a woman. If you're presenting as a man, then you are a man." Telling someone that you know they're not what they pretend to be is just plain rude. No matter what you're talking about.
    Cynthia, I agree. This is just how I -- and I assume others -- want to be treated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Reality Check
    If I saw what I thought was a crossdresser in public, I would never think of approaching her to talk about it. Suppose she was just an ugly woman? That would be insulting and embarrassing for both of us. I think most of us who try to look and act like women want to be treated like a woman and strangers (men) don't usually walk up to a woman and start a conversation.

If I saw an obvious "man in a dress", I wouldn't comment either. To me, that's a person looking for attention. He's not going to get it from me.

I have seen three at different times at airports two looked quite good one I felt bad for her , once I was with my SO and she pointed the person out to me ( she knows ) and last year there was a CD sitting about ten feet away from us at a hotel bar on her own at London Airport and my SO didn't notice the only reason she caught my eye was the dress she was wearing short and fancy I didn't say anything
    , I do think we take more notice than most people I'm always looking at women to help my presentation

There's a girl in work that I know is trans, but she passes so well you could never tell. I don't think more than a couple of other people in the office know her story.

I feel a lot of envy when I see her, to be honest. I love her style and wish I'd had the balls, so to speak, when I was younger.

When it comes to "CDer spotting", sometimes the devil is in the details. I once spotted a "sister" in a Sears outlet store browsing the same clearance racks I was. She was middle-aged and presenting very well overall, having clearly taken great pains to be as passable as possible. But two things quickly awakened my spidey senses and set off the "tranny alarm" - she was wearing a wig identical to the iconic hairstyle favored by actress Rose Marie who played side-kick Sally Rogers in the old Dick van Dyke sitcom of the '60's - right down to the little black bows on either side of her head (a costume store find, perhaps?)...and totally out of style by then. The other clue was that while she had clearly shaved her hands, part of her wrists still protruded from her blouse, showing evidence of arms that were as hairy as those of an orangutan. Not a good look...jarring, in fact, given the juxtaposition.

I have come across quite a few more CDers besides her in my time - both when I have been out en femme and when I was in drab. Perhaps I should qualify that statement, though - those whom I was aware of, and who knows how many others flew under my radar during the same time because they were just so darn good at passing even though I - as a member of the tribe - generally have a pretty good idea of what tell-tale signs to look for. Conversely, I have seen my fair share of very masculine looking women as well which then got me to thinking "Hmmm...?", but I'll never know that for sure either.

But like many others here, I also subscribe to the philosophy of letting fellow Cders roam freely and naturally in the wild and without imposing myself on them - even if well-intentioned. "Do unto others...", and all that...