Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this too butch of a bike?

Is this too butch of a bike?

Looking at a used Suzuki SV650- this is not too butch of a bike, is it? Not that it would stop me from getting it, but I always thought if I was a girl with my height- probably get a 400-650cc bike. I've had the GS 850G before- heavy bike but good for two up riding- and before that a 500 yamaha 8 valve, which was a pretty nice bike in general.

Now this one is the same dry weight as the 500- and has the power and torque of the 850. The seller even has a ladies jacket he wants to sell, not sure if it is my size or my wife's.

So how do you crossdress on a bike? Wig with hair coming out of the helmet obviously.

What leathers would work? I'd like something androgynous preferably, a lighter grey perhaps. My ideal feminine color would be with a tinge of purple/lavender.

Heck, this could be more fun getting the clothes than getting the bike. Holy heck, I guess i am a crossdresser!

No such thing as a bike that isn't improved by a hottie driving it. I have a Harley Super-Glide, so I can say from that end, there's no bike that's too butch. Sports bike riders tend to have a different clothing aesthetic than cruisers -- I have the advantage in that classic riding leathers look good no matter what gender they're representing, though I do feel a little uneasy about boots with high heels -- I'm always afraid I'll hook one on a lever and drop the bike at a stop light or have my foot slide out from under me because of the reduced contact patch. And when a 750 pound bike decides it wants to lay down, I'm not going to be able to stop it. (Been there; dropped that.)

I have never successfully managed a wig under my full-coverage helmet -- it always comes off with the lid. The only option I have is a half helmet and a short wig (to prevent tangles.) I have never seen a crotch-rocket rider with a half helmet, so it may not suit your style. Someday I'm going to get that red Ducati and then see how the other half rides.

Nothing like a girl in leather on a Harley
    http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...low-1200t.html

You owe it to the world to be on that bike in tight fem leather. Might want to take Jennie's thoughts about heels seriously though. Hope we see a pic if you follow through! BE SAFE!

nope that bike will be as awesome as you make it, there are Woman who are fighter pilots, Who Ride road kings, Who drive around in lifted trucks, by putting a cap on your fem persona or yourself presenting as a woman, it's like you put a cap on all woman. Get the bike and enjoy it but do it before the rainy season, it's always safe to stay in a cage when there's rain
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

Here is the outfit, both the leathers and the bike.

With the right leather, filled out in the right places, there is nothing sexier than a girl on a fast bike.

But .. with a full face helmet, the wig will come off with it, so dont do that in a public place :-)

- Suzie
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was just mentioning in another post how this forum actually is more guilty of ridiculously antiquated sexism, and gender stigmatized then the general public.....

http://cdn.sheknows.com/filter/l/gal..._york_city.jpg
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    I was just mentioning in another post how this forum actually is more guilty of ridiculously antiquated sexism, and gender stigmatized then the general public.....

http://cdn.sheknows.com/filter/l/gal..._york_city.jpg
    Thats how I feel, not to put any ones perception of femininity down, but If I'm going to be or present as a woman Than I will be an empowered woman, I will enjoy and respect the struggles women have taken on to break boundaries for themselves
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

And then there's one of my all-time absolute favorite commercials... (Contains audio).

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

There aint nuttin like a dame on a big bike.

If you can ride it, get it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I sure hope your not planning any long trips. Riding a crotch rocket is like a dog doing a football. Give me a cruiser anyway, Hmm maybe its my age or experience but I see more of these laid down or in accidents than I do cruisers is another point.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    No... Thats a great bike... I've taken mine out frocked up a few times, although I'm still to get those pink leathers... Yes it's impossible to keep a wig in place when taking off a helmet. Yes makeup suffers, but it's such a rush...
    I have been known to ride mine like I stole it, lifting the front wheel, even power sliding roundabouts... I love it when blokes pull alongside and really think it's a girl riding like that...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Call me Donna, please

I'd have to say it's not to butch of a bike, but then I ride a Honda CBR. And contrary to popular belief it is possible to get your helmet off without losing your hair, you just have to be very careful, although it makes me glad that I don't need a wig anymore now that my hair is long enough.

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    Not to large at all I know several GG's that ride them like they just stole them !
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My daughter had the same bike. It was awesome! Not too butch.

Banned Read only
    I just saw a really cute blond girl riding a full dressed Ultra Glide at the bank today. Your Suzuki isn't even close to being too butch. Live to ride, Ride to live.

It's the way you dress and the way you ride .I have seen more and more women riding bikes no matter what brand .Usually they take it seriuosly but still look great .Kudo's to the ladies on a motercycle !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Been riding well over 40 years. Changed bikes like they were underwear in my younger days. Different brands, different styles. Got to meet and know a lot of posers, and a lot of real riders from both genders. No...that bike isn't "too butch" unless you want it to be. With all the riding gear choices out there, do what the GG's do...wear the style and colours that appeal to you.

Karen

Krististeph, Don't forget that other motorcyclists will usually gravitate to other motorcyclists. A cute girl rider will always draw a crowd.

Yes, it is.

Hey Kristi, if you can drive it, it's you're bike! Make it a girls bike if you want one that bad. I like some cars that are "girl" cars. So what, I like the car! Get your leathers on and head out!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie-upstate View Post
    Nothing like a girl in leather on a Harley
    http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...low-1200t.html
    That shorty helmet doesn't work for me...

DeeAnn

I ride a VTX1300R and know two GG's that ride 1300 Ninja's! We all ride together sometimes and it's fun to see who is going to lead!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If it helps let me phrase it this way. Oh that is a pretty bike and the foot pegs are so cute!!!

Unless you're riding some custom bike with spikes that runs on testosterone there is no such thing as a bike that is "too butch". I have seen dainty little women riding big full dresser Harley's and still look absolutely stunning. On the opposite side of that coin, there are bikes that are too girly for some men. I had a roommate when I was stationed in Hawaii that rode a little Ninja 250 and he was 6'5". It was like watching a teenager on a minibike, lol.