Thread: Had a wonderful day Walking in the Manchester Pride Parade

Had a wonderful day Walking in the Manchester Pride Parade

Hi all I attended Manchester Pride parade supporting Sparkle the Transgender charity,
    The weather was slightly overcast but held off until after the parade. we had around 25 girls including some F2M
    the crowds were highly supportive, all but some religious types who chose to heckle all and sundry.
    After a rush getting ready I chose my red dress, patterned hose and my comfiest heels a short blonde wig
    I got loads of compliments from all who interacted with myself and my fellow paraders.
    sadly in my haste I forgot my phone so have no pics at the moment.
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    That's fantastic. Glad you had a good time. I was thinking about that earlier when I saw the BBC article about it. I went to the Amsterdam Gay Pride festival at the start of the month and the Pride Parade was off the hook! First pride I've ever been to. Would love to see the Manchester one, so maybe next year. I'd love to have the courage to join in en-femme!

It's a shame about the heckling. Some people will never be able to live and let live. You'd think that they'd have better things to do with their time.

Religious types in Manchester?
    Things have changed since I left
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Gone to live my life
    Hi Roli,

Sounds like you had a great time (hecklers aside and who really cares about narrow minded people). Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Isha

sounds like you had a wonderful time roli, Religious types in manchester ? Im shocked and stunned

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    Sounds like a great time, I admire anyone's courage to take that bold step in the real world and proclaim this is me deal with it xxx

Cool! I did my first parade this year. It's a lot more fun to walk in the parade than to stand there watching it. Congratulations!

thankyou for all the good words and support.
    there is footage at 31.43 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twWhqD572Fo
    of our group charity Sparkle
    there is footage of the hecklers at 38,39
    hugs Roli
    Last edited by Roli F; 08-31-2015 at 02:12 PM.
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

Roli, that sounds and looks like a cool event..

Hecklers... just who do they think they're converting...? At least it's all very polite here...

Maybe next year..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

hope to see you there Katie
    it was a blast
    cheers

Looks like great fun! Who were the people with the green shirts with the bees on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Looks like great fun! Who were the people with the green shirts with the bees on them?
    Hi Jennie I think they are from Manchester city council offices