Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very interested to know why most people here have female names for their usernames.

Welcome to the forum Mikey.

I learned a long time ago that in all things CD to always lead with your femme name.
    I identify with my name and I have always admired the name Carmen.
    Last edited by Carmen; 08-25-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling fix
    "Missed it by that much!"

When I first started going out dressed en femme, I did not have a female name. At the time I did not consider it necessary. After periodically going out in girl mode for many months it seemed that I should have a name to match how I am presenting.

In picking out the girl name I decided to go with one that had the same initial as my male name. Now that I am considering the idea of transitioning I have decided my middle name, should I change it, will have the same initial as my current middle name. So if I change it I will be Grace Naomi.

Hi Mikey,

Not compulsory by any means, as you probably now realise...

For me, primary reason is for anonymity on joining this barmy place (no, my father did not name me Katherine in order that I would grow up a mean, hard-fightin' SoB when he wasn't at home... ) - and (long story short) some French colleagues decades ago would mispronounce my actual name as 'Kate' - and a GF in the office used to take the mick out of me over it, so I stuck with a femme name I was used to...

And how often does anyone get to choose a name for themselves? Enjoy the opportunity...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I dislike the male name I was born with. Besides, I'm female (despite appearances), so why shouldn't I have a female name?

When I came here, pretty much everyone else had a female name of some type. As I am unwilling to put up my full male name anywhere in conjunction with anything cd related, I invented a female name based on the male name that i would have picked for myself had I the choice. It's just easier to refer to someone as Lexi than say, 'blizardstar[333499'. When in Rome........
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I was a sheep and did it because the majority of other members had.

I only recently came upon my female name (relatively at least). When I first jumped on the site, I wanted to remain relatively anonymous so I went with my old gamer tag. Its served me well all these years, so why not? Plus at the time I wasn't sure where I was going with all this. I embraced a female name after finally accepting I was transgender. For me it was a natural step in that process. And since my sister used to tease me and call me Addy, I took the name Adyson. It holds the fondness and warmth of my old nickname, so it's a cherished moniker.

Steftoday is not "Stef T O'Day".
    I decided when I joined that I was "Stef...today".
    I use Stephanie Ann, formally. "Stephanie", because I've always liked that name, and "Ann" in honor of my best friend GG, who has "Ann" as part of her name.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

I wouldn't mind using my male name of Alec at.all. I've made up several names in the past and all felt too fictitious, so I decided a few years ago to keep my pretend name as close to my male name as possible and it's only one letter off.

I felt I had to pick one as a key to community, and it helped me feel more feminine. But as a wise transwoman recently told me, "you see, your name is the very first thing you have absolute control over and probably one of the most important. Everyone's journey is different and thus their needs and timing [for being referred to by your femme name] are different as well." So if you don't want a female name or you don't know what you want yet if ever, no worries. Take your time and no pressure!

Personally, i dont feel the need for a female name. I feel like man even when im dressed up and i'm quite happy with that.

Like some of the ladies have said when they dress they like to have a girls name .Im the same way to me it just fits the way i am dressed at the moment
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I couldn't imagine not using a female name here. \o/

No reason to miss an opportunity to a cute name.
    Just Roll With It

I wanted a feminine name when I joined thus forum. It just felt better to me.

And it was not long afterwards that I met some CD friends and started going out as a girl with them. Then it really made sense to have a girl name.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I fly some really large model rockets. My largest is a blow up of the Estes Omega. at 20ft 6&3/8in tall, it is named Maxi-Omega. Because of this, I am called Maxi out on the range. I am used to answering to it. It has now evolved into Maxine with the crossdressing.
    My Youtube channel: Maxine CD,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsH...XBIjeAtbhe1uFw
    Follow me on twitter @MaxineCD1

Banned Read only
    What else would I call myself? George? I don't think so!

Banned Read only
    I guess I'm the contrarian. The Username I have here is the same one that I use in all other forums where I am a member (LGBT, crossdressing, motorsports, travel, etc.) with the exception of the underbar. Some places don't allow it in Usernames.

I didn't adopt a fem name until a couple of years ago. Phoebe Cross asked me if I had picked one and it got me to thinking, but I rarely refer to myself in the 3rd person. My choice does have a story associated with it, but I have no plans to change my Username.

DeeAnn

Platinum Member
    I'm one of the few fortunate individuals whose birth name was feminine. I didn't have to make one up.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

No, I'm not baiting people into a troll thread.
    Ummm, I think you are.

I'm being completely serious.
    Ummm, don't think so.

This is one of the few places I can use my female name.

My birth middle name is Alexander. At first, I chose Mackenzie, but after thinking about it, because eventually, I will get a legal name change, I wanted something that would closely resemble part of my birth name, so I chose Alexandria.
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

When I wear female clothes I like to be called be my female name Sandra it makes sense to me also any emails related to my crossdressing go the to my female named email address

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I just like having a name to match the dressing.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

When I'm in my feminine mode, I'm Jamie; simple really.

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

First, it's the easiest thing to do compared to finding clothes, makeup and shaving. And, speaking for myself, it's a step toward completing my concept of myself as a female though I know complete is impossible.