Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very interested to know why most people here have female names for their usernames.

Very interested to know why most people here have female names for their usernames.

No, I'm not baiting people into a troll thread. I'm being completely serious. I haven't really made one for myself, or even wanted to yet. Does this come through years of CDing? Did you know what you wanted your name to be when you started? Seems like the majority of people here have em. Guess I have to make mine soon?

Hey Mike, there are as many reasons as there are names. A lot of us are deep enough into our dressing that we need a female name to hang our adventures on. Then there are those of us, my self included, who know the female has always been a part or all of your persona, your being. And you're right that it can also provide you with a cover name for activity on the web. Hope you realize your female name soon.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Reality Check
    It would seem rather silly to talk about our boobs, heels, wigs, etc. and post photos of ourselves trying our best to look and act like women and then sign our names "Homer" or "Jason".

You don't have to give yourself a female name but you do have an advantage in being able to choose it yourself instead of using a name your parents gave you when you were born.

Hint: Try something sensible and appropriate for your age. Susan, Betty, Patty, etc. Names like "BettyJeanPeggieSue" just sound silly.

Banned Read only
    Mike, it's really just convention for me. My male name is incongruous to my female image. I needed a user name and I made one up. I like Jennifer as a name so I took that. Simple really

Banned Read only
    maybe instead of asking you: why these people using a female name, you should choose one for you, see how you feel! maybe that helps calm your anxiety and approach your feminine side!

No Mikey you dont have to choose a female name if you don't want to. Look at me, I don't use a female name. Even though I love to look like a female, I am not female and don't feel female, my identity is male.

It would seem rather silly to talk about our boobs, heels, wigs, etc. and post photos of ourselves trying our best to look and act like women and then sign our names "Homer" or "Jason".
    Silly in your opinion, not as a fact, Krisi.

I use my name like anyone else.

Its for identifying me
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

While there can be many factors, for me it came down to the fact that I was dressing completely and (at the time) was planning on going out (now a reality). Standing in front of the mirror for the first time in wig and makeup, I knew that I needed to have that final touch. But when I was just a casual dresser the idea of having a female name seemed very strange.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Mike I've used a couple of names but my female name now is kinda a female version of my male one now so I stuck with it.

Hi Mike, I act differently when I'm dressed so why not have a different name, my name reflects who I think I am and suits me and means something to me. I use it in my username simply in these days of multiple passwords and pin, it's easy to remember.

I identify as a guy, just one that likes to dress up. I dressed for decades without a femme name because I didn't need one. I went out a lot but I didn't interact. I chose a name when I went online because I didn't want to use my real name. So why not a girl's name?
    The first time I went into a tg-friendly club, the first thing I heard was "Welcome. What's your name?" It just seems right to have a girl's name. Even for someone who always knows he's a guy. It's for external reasons only.

I don't have a problem using my guy name but a girl name just seems to flow off of the tongue better.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Hi Mike When I joined this wonderful forum I wanted a feminine type name that had no connection
    to anyone in my life past or present, I thought long and hard and Blue is my favorite color and
    the Orchid is my favorite flower, And Blue Orchid was born Dec. 21st. 2008.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-25-2015 at 05:17 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

At the time it helped me organize my life into male and female which is what I thought was correct -- I thought I had two personalities one of which would be "in charge" at any given moment. Over a lifetime I found out I'm always the same person, but the Jennie identity still makes it easier to deal with everyone outside of my head. The muggles get confused enough -- asking them to use my male name would just be cruel.

I chose my lady name about a decade ago when I started presenting myself to the world as a woman. I just like it. Its a little silly, like me!
    The struggle. She is real.

I just figure I have my cute girl clothes, I might as well have a cute girl username to go with them.
    Amy is nothing like my real name, I chose that because it's different from my male self

For me, my 'girl name' is as much a part of my presentation as my wig or my breast forms, or at least trying to sound female when I talk. When I transform into Ceera for a night of dancing at a club, I'm not 'a guy in a dress', and I don't want to be perceived as one. I also only use my female name when I am Dressed, as a way to maintain a separation between what I do as a lady and what I do as a male.

My feminine identity predates my actual cross dressing by more than ten years. It's a name that I devised for a female roleplaying character to use in interactive on-line adventures. I played both male and female characters, and tried to give each of them a realistic presence. I played that girl character well enough that the vast majority of the people I interacted with on-line were quite certain it was a real girl at my side of the keyboard, and didn't suspect the same person also played some of the male characters that they interacted with. Later, that same female character did business on-line as a virtual world content creator, and I had even registered the name as a legal 'business name', and set up a bank account in that name! The surname I use as a girl has evolved with the character, but by the time I decided I wanted to try cross dressing and seriously admitted to myself that I wanted to step out that door as a girl and interact with others, 'she' was very much a part of me. So it was natural for me to use "Ceera" as my name when presenting as a girl.
    Last edited by Ceera; 08-25-2015 at 02:11 PM.

I would have thought that was obvious.

My boy Bill doesn't work for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Mine is sort of a play on words. It's female-sounding but also refers to my interest in women's robes, gowns, baby dolls and pajamas.

Lacy PJs

Aspiring Member
    As an older CDer I have no need for a feminine name.

However, with that said I do understand why many here use them. Crossdressing included a wide, wide spectrum. It can include everything from a man who enjoys wearing one or two articles of clothing, to men who want to go 24/7 dressed to pass as a woman. Some CDers experience personality changes when they crossdress, and taking on feminine mannerisms. For myself, I enjoy crossdressing, but I never try to pass as a woman. For me, I am just a man in a dress. I am the same person in spite of how I may dress.

So while using a feminine name may help complete the female image, I am not trying to pass as a woman, only to enjoy some pretty clothes.

Had a femme name but wanted something else and being in somewhat of denial when I joined I added the feminine, minus the e because that donates the femme in language.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Names are a form of Label
    "Titanic" is known as a boat, "Tomcat" is known as a fighter jet
    It kind of helps define the differences between 2 personalities, Mike might be the bloke who likes football and racing cars, Michelle might like pink shoes - as an example
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Jasmine has been my female name for a long time. Its the name i would've wanted to have had i been born a girl.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    It's like the CD/TG rite of passage... First you choose your 'girl name', there can be so many reasons, but it's yours and only you know.... Next you use it as cover, as anonymity in places such as this... After that comes the first time someone else uses it to refer to you, to speak to you. That's a real surreal moment...
    Finally it's you, it's who you are.... It's what you are...
    Call me Donna, please

Mike,

I used to sign my name on Crossdressers.com and MenWearBras as "Johanna" as a feminine variation of my real name John. I have started M2F HRT almost 4 years ago and am continuing. I also am growing my hair out. So I look very much like a genetic woman, with no need for wigs or breast forms.

One thing I have decided is that I will not raise the pitch of my voice to mimic a genetic woman. I have also decided to use my real masculine name John for my signature block for both Crossdressers and MenWearBras.

I'm contented to be what Native Americans describe as a Two Spirit individual with masculine and feminine attributes. I do not have a boy mode and girl mode; I have only one mode whether I am wearing a flannel shirt and jeans or if I wear a dress, so that's another reason why I go with my name John.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 08-25-2015 at 08:17 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him