Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I was a girl?

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar

If I was a girl?

Has anyone ever asked what would my name have been if I was born a girl? So today went and visited my parents and I brought this subject up. My Mom told me it would have been Cassandra. Being born in 69" the ultrasound wasn't an option for her but it was for my other two brothers so there was no doubt. For years I remember being hit by a car while she was out shopping with her cousin. They happened by a tea room where she had her fortune told to her. The lady told of a child being injured today your daughter will be hit by a car. My mother laughed telling the lady she has no girls only boys. Is it possible that the lady was right? I haven't came out to my parents or siblings only my wife. After talking to mom should I take on my girl baby name of Cassandra? What do you girls think?
    cassandra*:cheers

It is a very special name. I encourage you to take it.
    If you finally decide to change your fem name to Cassandra, you should order a cake with the name or a big C written on top

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    You should do whatever your heart tells you to do. My mother has told me many times over the years the girl's name she had picked out for me because she was just I was going to be a girl. She would have named me Cynthia Jo which is a nice enough name but it just never seemed like me.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

I just had that conversation two days ago. Funny enough, I would have been named Caitlyn.

Reality Check
    No ultrasound around when I was born either. My mother not only had a name picked out for me, she had the girly baby clothes that she got at her baby shower and dressed me in them for some time. I suspect that has something to do with my crossdressing. The fact that she wanted a daughter so badly.

Painted toes n panties Cassandra*'s Avatar
    I want to thank all of you on this subject. I have decided to make the change and a birthday cake is a great idea. Now I just have to figure out how to change my profile name on this site.

ARE you a girl?

I'm 6'2", 255, I rock an awesome beard.

I'm a girl.

The name thing for me is kind of funny. If we had a girl. she wanted her to be named 'Lucy'.

I said 'no problem'. The male version of that is 'Lucifer', right?

"Um...."

Our son is named Ian

(I don't know what she would have named me, I will find out)

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 08-10-2015 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Content
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

My mom lost a daughter in childbirth. She would have been my older sister. My name is Beth.

Platinum Member
    I was given the name Kimberly at birth. Go figure!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Given the story you gave, I would definitely feel there is something there to that name.

Side note, I chose Adyson cause my sister always used to call me Addy. I used to complain, "that's a girls name" and she would just smile and say, "I know."
    Apparently she did.

Banned Read only
    Might be a little for my vote but I completely agree with Cassandra!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    The name thing for me is kind of funny. If we had a girl. She wanted her to be named 'lucy'.

I said 'no problem'. The male version of that is 'lucifer', right?

- mm
    lol mm! 😂

My mom said I should of been a girl all my life.my name would of still been Toni Lorraine instead of Tony loran

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrodine View Post
    Now I just have to figure out how to change my profile name on this site.
    it's in the FAQs

Change Username

You cannot change your username once you have registered. This has to be done by any of the staff. you can simply post your request in the Help Forums.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I always knew that if I was born a girl, I was going to be Deborah, so it only seemed right that this is who the 'T' side of me should be. It seemed a little too formal for me so I went with Debi

I would have been Janice Joy. My mother desperately wanted another girl and for some reason thought I would be one. Like Krisi my mother had all my sister's hand me downs to use in the future and also brought in a new supply of girls baby she did use those baby clothes but of course that's only speculation on my part. No one ever told me if she did.

My first Grandchilds nameis Cassandra. Youmom would have named you that so way not take it.
    Angie

I know my mom miscarried twice before she had me. Once a single birth, that I don't recall the gender of; and once fraternal twins, with one of each. I don't know what names she would have used for any of those kids. She never told me.

As it happens, the first name she did give me is unisex. More common for a boy, but quite possible as a girl's name too, and I've met several girls with my first name. My middle name was more solidly male.

She's gone now, so I can't ask what she might have named me. But I suspect the name she used five years later for my little sister when she was born might have been what mom would have given me, if I had been born clearly female. But since that name is now my sister's, I wouldn't use it for my female name.

I think in a case like yours, where you do know what your mom's choice would have been, and with that other incident, it would be quite appropriate for you to take on 'Cassandra' as your feminine name. If you ever do eventually come out to your mom, she might be pleased that you honored her choice that way.
    Last edited by Ceera; 08-11-2015 at 10:48 AM.

I would have been Samantha had I been born female.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    My mum picked my boy names (which are pretty uninspiring) so I'll stick to my own choice of Rebecca Lauren thanks .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Through my life I have always asked that question to myself. I do not know. She has passed and cannot find out. Ah, Cassandra is a nice name, why not, yet if your mom ever finds out , I wonder what she would think.
    Part Time Girl

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I like Cassandra or Sandra.
    If I remember correctly if I had been born a girl the name they had picked out
    was Catherine or Katherine not sure which.
    Hugs
    Samantha

My mom told me once that she would have named me Maureen, after a close friend who had just passed. Instead I got an "M" boy name. Kinda creepy if you ask me...
    The struggle. She is real.

I love the name Cassandra! I took the name Sabrina because I would have been named Sabrina had I been a girl. My mother told me that I would have been named Sabrina. I tell all of you, I enjoy being a girl. Whenever I get an opportunity I dress totally fem, with make-up, panties, bra, high heels, wig, etc. Tonight, I would love to be a total girl!
    Love, Sabrina

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jarrodine,

Funny thing, my parents were expecting a girl (had something to do with the way my mom was carrying). In fact they had my female name all set to go "Marcelle Leslie Marie" but when I came out a boy it became "Joseph Leslie Marcel".

Cheers

Isha