Thread: A great weekend out

Red face A great weekend out

Just wanted to thank all of you girls - being on this board is so encouraging! I think Stephanie's steps out into the world would have been much smaller, and much more hesitant, if it wasn't for y'all

Last weekend was a pretty good one for me; I went back home to visit a childhood friend, then spent all day Sunday en femme, getting dressed up at home (folks were gone for the weekend) and driving back to the city I live in. I think it was the first time I've been out in broad daylight! After a nap when I got back, I decided it was too good an evening to waste, and by golly, I was going out. So I ran an errand I'd been meaning to get to for a while - to Target to pick up a pair of black tights. First time out shopping! Then I went to see Trainwreck (which was super fun).

The point of all this was, everyone I met was super nice, and treated me not a whit differently than they would have treated me in guy mode - actually, people seemed even friendlier and kinder. And if that was down to them clocking me, I guess I'm really ok with that. The girl selling tickets at the movie theater got a big smile on her face when I walked in even, it was funny.

Of course, I live in the liberal college town of my state, so folks like me aren't exactly uncommon. But even if we were a dime a dozen, hearing your stories and encouragement was so meaningful to getting me up off my butt!

Good for you, Stephanie! I love stories like this. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    It takes a large amount of bravery to face up people so early in your en femme outings. My first time out was from a hotel one night and I went out for a drive. Shaking like a leaf and heart beating like a drum. My last time out was to a 'normal' night club...epic.

Well done on pushing the envelope and hope you continue to enjoy going out.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Platinum Member
    Hi Stephanie, You are out there , There's no turning back now.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Congrats Stephanie, well done. Sounds like you just took things as they came, and ended up with a very positive experience.

Karen

Sounds like you had a great time! Good for you!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! It usually is a lot worse in your head than what actually happens. I noticed that most people you interact at least don't care enough to make a fuss about what you are doing if they can tell. I hope to hear more fun stories about you in the future. <3

While we always have to be smart and cautious about where we go, that is the typical reaction from the general public. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stephanie,

Congrats on getting out and enjoying yourself . . . some big steps for sure.

Cheers

Isha

Stephanie, Glad it all went well for you. Yep, some may clock you but even when I'm out and get clocked they were still super nice.
    Part Time Girl