Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wanting pierced ears but scared

I want to say thanks for all the advise. this community is great. Yes I want to do it to feel more feminine when dressed. Then again some studs or hoops in guy mode might look good. Yes I am a young 57 Years old. I enjoy pampering myself like many GG's do .. You know the creams and lotions to keep the skin soft and smooth. It seems the older I get the more feminine I want to feel. ( what is wrong with me ) . Is this normal for older CDers ???

nothing wrong with pampering ourselves, i use more lotions than i used too, dont want to age gracefully, im gonna fight it with all i got....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Denise,

I just had my ears pierced. My advice, do your research prior to getting it done as you can just go to the mall and have it done with a piercing gun (which I was going to do until I did some online research). Piercing guns are normally wielded by a person with minimal experiences (usually a training video), they literally force the stud through your ear lobe which can cause skin damage and guns cannot be sterilized in an autoclave after each use (the best they get is a wipe down with alcohol swabs. As such, the chance of infection is higher. As well the starter studs are normally a composite metal with nickel and if you don't know if you are allergic to nickel you could have a reaction. Now, don't get me wrong people have their ear pieced every day with no issues . . . just saying there is a higher probability of problems.

I went to a tattoo/body piercing establishment and got a walk through by a lovely woman who does the piercings. She showed me the establishment's health certificates, the sterilizing procedures and explained how it is done. A topical freezing is placed on the lobe and she inserts an 18 gauge needle through the ear which feeds the surgical steel retainer channel through. Except for the initial shock, little pain, little blood and to date no infection (healing quite well). It is a bit more expensive than a booth in the mall but I prefer a bit of sanitary safety when I put a hole in my body.

Cheers and let us know if you decide to get it done.

Isha
    I agree. I have not done mine yet, but would like to eventually get them done. I read a lot on the topic, and when I do get it done it will be by a professional at a piercing establishment. I also hear they use a needle that is hollow, so it actually removes a very small amount in the process. It is suppose to be the way to get the best results. Many use the guns, many don't have problems with them. I believe the pro's using the needle do a better job, have better training and experience, and will likely heal better faster too.

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/psafety/a/piercing_guns.htm

You've gotten lots of good advice here, Denise. When you do decide to get pierced, just remember to keep them clean & don't rush the healing time to try other earrings. And don't worry about what other people say. I've had mine pierced for a little over 2 years & I've not had one negative comment said to me. A few friends asked "Why" & I just said "I just wanted to do something a little crazy for a change" and nothing more was said. I wear studs every day (and once in a while simple little hoops). Have fun, and just think of all the earrings you'll be able to wear. The sensation of a pair of long, dangling ones is something to experience. Go for it!!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would never let a wife run me like yours seems to do you.
    Its the old I can do whatever I want but you have to do what I say wife.
    This is just me talking here but I would go ahead and get them pierced and if she doesn't like it tell her you don't like her drinking and gambling.
    She sounds like she doesn't respect you.
    I just burns me when guys won't stand up to their wives/girlfriends.

Tracii :: I was always scard that my wife would tell people of my crossdressing. I have told many friends that she told me to stop telling people. UPDATE:: I told her I wanted my ears piersed and she said do what you want. I think I will enjoy the feeling of swinging hoops

Careful there, Denise. That "do what you want" might be "I don't like it, but I suppose I can't stop you!"