Thread: Found a Friend

Found a Friend

I've been on this website now for about 9 months posting and reading replies. During that time I found someone living in the same town on this website. She and I have been corresponding now for a while. Well we finally made the jump and met for coffee last week. It was good to just sit and talk about friends, family, and professions. After all was said and done we went our separate ways. We keep in contact now through texting but it's good to actually meet someone that has the strangeness and weirdo-ness just like I. Thanks Amy!!!

Cheers,
    Nikki

Good to hear Nikki...

The larger part of many of us is just completely normal and mundane - perhaps that is another reason why we have our inexplicable passion to be fabulous once in a while...

Always good to hear that the site can do a little practical good for people.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hi Nikki,

When we find friends who like and accept us -- well, that is really special. Dio keep in contact with her!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Reality Check
    Did you meet as females or as males? Or one of each?

I'm so happy for you Nikki. Please do cherish that friendship. I have also made friends with someone on this forum. We chat almost every day and would love to meet her. But I'm afraid that for now there is a bit of water called the Atlantic Ocean between us. Hopefully in the near future though!
    Love and hugs Jeanette

I have lost track of the number of friends I have met off this and other sites. All have been great, some have moved on and others we talk often or meet. Good you found a friend.

It is always good to have friends, and especially friends you can share things with which you might not share with just anyone.
    I have met some wonderful T people over the years and always enjoyed being able to talk about this thing we do without having to worry about judgement etc.
    I have also enjoyed the wide spectrum of people, any thing from high ranking military officers, spacial forces types, doctors, lawyers, plumbers and farmers.
    One friend I met through another forum years ago lived not too far from me. Turned out we had another interest in common too, hunting! We went hunting together several times, staying overnight in his hunting cabin out in the woods. Great time hunting and a lot of fun talking dresses and lipstick colors in the evening. Lets just say that was a very different experience than my other hunting trips. Only hunting cabin I have visited that had mostly Allure and Cosmo magazines laying around :-)

- Suzie

I'm so jelly, that's awesome
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Well 'ello, fancy meeting you here! :-)

Had a great time too. Believe it or not, that's the first time I've ever met another one of "us" in person! Its hard to explain, but it made me feel so normal. Not that I didn't know there were other TG folks in town, but only conversing on line made them seem so "virtual".

... and no, I didn't have the nerve to meet up in Amy mode, lol. This town is too small for that! :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Fakley View Post
    ... and no, I didn't have the nerve to meet up in Amy mode, lol. This town is too small for that! :-)
    That's a shame Amy as your avatar shows you off really well, so life is deprived of you 'on display'. However, I understand your worries of being known locally.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Came close to meeting other like minded people at their weekly gathering at a local pub. I had recently got as far as full dress (wig, make up) and parking my car in a side street near the pub. But I couldn't force myself to get out. Either way dressed or drab, meeting others that share the same interest is a big step.

Thks is wonderful. I hope to eventually meet someone locally. I hope too, that more of us will have the courage to meet eachother. We need our own support groups locally and on line. Otherwise we stay in the stoneages.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Meeting others makes a world of difference and many never get to enjoy that. People talk about it here all the time .. "I really want to, but I am worried about it". Well .. I think people often over complicate the matter to be honest!
    Dont get me wrong, it took me a long time to leave my comfort zone and actually meet with someone else, but I eventually did and it wasnt that difficult in retrospect.

I was not worried about my personal safety, but I was very concerned about my secret getting in the wrong hands. So I spent a lot of time wondering how to not leave a trail and how to be able to communicate without giving away my male ID.
    Keep in mind that this was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. The interweb was not even a faint nightmare yet and boiling water had just been tested the first few times. Successfully I might add! (I wish I had thought of that idea!!)

Through a newspaper article, I became aware of an organisation for T people. I called the contact number from a payphone and after much hassle finally made contact. Turned out, they were as careful as I was, so it wasnt easy to actually get to talk to someone.
    I eventually met with the "screener", a TS woman living full time, and we met for a coffee one day. She was very pleasant and kind, told me her life story, which was actually the one I had read in the paper already, and we chatted for a couple hours.

But the thing is, I am not TS so while it was good to talk to someone about how I felt, it wasnt the same.
    I never did attend their meetings and never talked to her again.

Many years later, after BBS services came along (anyone remember CompuServe??) and, I should say, at a time where this whole boiling water thing had become quite commonplace too, I made contact with some others and agreed to meet for a weekend. This was to be 3 couples and it involved international travel for all of us actually. We came from 3 different countries in Europe and met up in England at a small hotel, supposedly run by a TS woman. That turned out to not be true actually and was just a setup to attract TG people to come there.
    It was a great, weird, strange and interesting weekend, and thats a story for another glass of wine, but one of the other couples became good friends to my wife and I. We stayed in touch for many years.

Later again, Interweb now available, I made many friends through an online chatroom and have had some great weekend get-togethers with some wonderful people from all over. Also met with many people at SCC in Atlanta over the years.

These days, where communicating via the web is so easy and where there is at least a reasonable sense of security, I feel it should be easy for anybody to find others to meet with and I would highly recommend it. Be smart and safe about who you meet, as always, but connect with people and make friends.

Meet the first time or two in boy mode, if that makes you feel safer about it, and then get together in girl mode somewhere.
    For those who are concerned about going out to a public place, arrange to meet at a home or at a hotel. To dilute the risk of meeting someone you dont get along with, or someone with ulterior motives, get a little group together for a first meeting. There will be someone you connect with and different people to talk to. Again, a meeting in private etc is a good way to reduce the feeling of risk and it is a lot of fun to do a little dinner party or similar with a bunch of T-girls out for the first time.

Before you know it, you will feel fine about going out and meeting others and you can start building some real friendships.
    While what we have is not in it self enough to sustain long lasting friendships, it is wonderful to be around others who share this. Then, you can build friendships based on your other interests and just be allowed to be around friends who like your girl side too.

Hugs
    Suzie

Nice! I've been wanting a similar situation. It would be so great to spend time with someone that understands. I can find another crossdresser on Craigslist but they want more than just sitting around watching football and chatting about work or shaving,.

take that as a blessing. it is something that is truly hard to find

Banned Read only
    I have also made friends with someone on this forum. We chat almost every day and would love to meet her.

So sweet my dear! always make my girly day complete!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    it is great to make a few friends, i have met some wonderful gals thru this site xoxo

Platinum Member
    Hi Nikki, This sounds like the start of a beautiful friendship.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I can count the number of times I have been out in girl mode on one hand, but in those few trips I have made more friends than all of my digits! LOL! It is so worth it! Congratulations! I'm now watching a local group form in my area so I will not have to drive to the city!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

A it jealous...would be great to meet someone in the dew area for friendship....Great news for you
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.