Thread: Boo hooo with a smile

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar

Boo hooo with a smile

After probably the best summer ever (and not because of the weather) I've returned home. This is shaping up as quite the weekend and somewhat as expected.

I'm becoming an empty nester this weekend.

I completed the final thread of my coming out and going full time over the past few months. That experience, like other parts of my complicated world went without a hitch. In fact better then expected despite a serious health issue that's put my 83 year old dad in the hospital. Childhood friends, family, and locals in the community all very accepting given the degree of social activities I took in over the 2 months home. Even my dads now slowly changing gender references and has called me by name a couple of times (not pushing this on him but letting him absorb at his own pace).

Coming home has brought me to the final big change in daily life as this weekend my son moves out and begins the year as a freshman in university. I'm so proud of him and how hard he worked to get to this point but it's sad seeing him pack and ready to move on.

This leaves me...a simple transwoman, to now settle in and move on to the daily rhythms of life and going about my days at work as ... Well... Just me!

The next few months will take some time to get used to the quiet while at the same time I've geared a plan to begin now transitioning the house and putting the female touch back into things.

I'll certainly miss the social atmosphere of down home as it's not quite the simple community environment where I live throughout the year.

As for the work environment; I continue to get the occasional name slips from a few folks who post apologies for forgiveness when they realize (or as in a few cases been corrected by others afterwards privately which shows that everyone is pitching in) I've had my first official external customer/partner meeting f2f this week and another in the week coming so it truly is becoming business as usual.

I once used a parachuting annology and I guess I can say now I've squarely landed on the ground safe and sound. The acceleration of free fall and gliding is done. Going full time I'm all aspects of my life is complete the final step being more a right of passage then having implications in my day to day activities.

Electro to continue (what a pain in the .... Face&#128512. ID changes and all the administration legwork to come shortly once my official paperwork is returned stamped (purely a formality). Sorting out the various aspects of surgery is the next area to soul search on.

I'm certainly thankful that things have gone smooth over these past few months and for now Im a single woman empty nester with a loving lab by my side.

Just thought I'd share some thoughts as this summer comes to an end and we enjoy the long weekend.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

I understand your boo hoo with a smile even though it's been many years since the last of the five daughter left home. The youngest is 43 now, I don't know how that happened.

Sad to see them leave, but excited that they are starting a new phase in their growing up, becoming more independent. Problem is that you still see them as your children, how can they be experts in their field even though they are in their forties?

The house sure does get quiet and even a little lonely. On the other hand the house is quiet and the things that you leave in a certain place are still there when you go to look for them!

Before you know it you will have grandkids and a whole new experience will open up to you!

I'm glad your summer was good and the future looks favorable!!

Hugs, Bria