Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Unfair

So Unfair

Last night, I enjoyed a great evening with friends at a swank waterfront restaurant area-the weather was perfect--balmy and breezy. As we relaxed, I took note of what the ladies were wearing--soooooo many great looks from short skirts and dresses with heels, sandals and flats, to short-shorts and tops with plunging neck-lines. All of us guys (yes, I was in drab) were just one long parade of BORING t-shirts/polo shirts/button-ups paired with shorts/jeans/slacks. I was bummed when I thought about how socially unacceptable it is for men to dress in "women's" clothing, but the ladies can wear whatever. I know guys get over in soooooooooooooo many other ways--like the pay gap which is wayyyyy more serious of an issue than this, so no need to begin a debate about who has it better when it comes to men and women. I just wish everyone could be free to wear what they want, when they want. Can I get an "Amen?"

Cheers,

Jillian
    Last edited by JaytoJillian; 08-26-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    Can I get an "Amen?"
    No.

Remind me again what prevents you wearing what you want? We have plenty members here who go out wearing what they choose whether full on femulation or just a bit of Moosey swishing (sorry MM.. )

You ARE free to wear what you want, when you want - you just have to be prepared for the exposure and any reactions that go with that... like others do.

Have a think about the folk who can't even get to a swanky waterfront restaurant in any mode before you start complaining about unfairness...

That's not even entertaining.
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Oh geez Katey.

Really, you found this post to be heavy?

Heavy is being a victim of trans/homo phobic violence because of the way you're dressed.

So no, not everyone is "free" to wear what they want where they want or when they want.

And me going to a swank eatery has zilch to do with fairness, I came from a family that had next to nothing, but I learned quickly to work twice, sometimes three times as hard as my peers to get ahead. That said, I've earned any bit of "swankiness" to which I decide to treat myself or my friends.
    Last edited by JaytoJillian; 08-26-2015 at 06:16 PM.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Amen. Acceptance by everyone and everywhere would be so cool!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm with you Jill.
    Katey gets all worked up sometimes but let it slide.

A lot of times i have felt the same way Jill
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I've been to events like that; so jealous of how the women dress.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    A constant thing with me and I am jealous of women and what they can wear.
    Guy clothes are so boring that why I don't wear them.
    People probably think I'm weird for dressing the way I do but its their problem.

Amen, Amen, and Amen. that's really how i feel too. like someone posted recently, i don't really want to go the whole route all the time. sometimes i just want to wear whatever feels good, comfortable or right.

amen would it not nice just to wear what you want to, and when you want to. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Such is life, just curious but did your friends know of Jillian? If so you had a choice in your manor of dress. But as long as you enjoyed yourself why sweat the little stuff?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Quote Originally Posted by Feminin Allisa View Post
    Such is life, just curious but did your friends know of Jillian?
    Nope, they have no idea.

Yeah, I've tried CDing at a mall before. Worst experience of my life so far /;. I got called out by some redneck guys and soon enough, I had to leave the mall because it spread like wildfire. My calves are huge, my feet are like a size 13 in heels and my face is pretty masculine, but I am 5 '6'! I too wish I could wear whatever I felt like without any backlash. Maybe in like 20 years this will all be over?

Actually, I'm with Katey. Who forced you to NOT wear a nice suit or sport coat? We get this argument all the time but there are members here who do wear what they want and they have lived to post about it.

Aspiring Member
    It gets worse. Look at the recent prez wannabe's debate. All the men in the same same-oh black suits. Check out formal heads of state meeting in Europe, all the men in the same black suits. To paraphrase Henry Ford: "You can wear any suit you like as long as it is black." Women on the other hand can dress anyway they please, any color, bare arms, legs, a freedom we could only wish for.

Who decided that us men have to dress as ?

Ineke

Remind me again what prevents you wearing what you want?
    I'll take "What Is Common Sense" for $100, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Who forced you to NOT wear a nice suit or sport coat?
    Well, the last time I checked, the "T" in LGBT is not a protected class here in the states. If presenting the way I'd like could be grounds for dismissal from my job, I would say that there is indeed a policy that "Forces" me to dress a certain way.

Well, in that case, complaining here will definitely change the law. Or you could wait for other people to expose themselves to do it, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Well, in that case, complaining here will definitely change the law. Or you could wait for other people to expose themselves to do it, I suppose.
    this is the plan! low self esteem warriors unite

Wow, Ms. Angela--the few replies you've made to my posts have been on the border between snarky and mean--what have I done to you? This really was a light-hearted post about a CD (ME) having a Walter Mitty moment while watching a parade of great outfits.

Geez
    Last edited by JaytoJillian; 08-27-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jillian, You are preaching to the choir here.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Amen, Everyone should be allowed to dress how they like. Always remember if someone has a problem it's their problem let them keep it.
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

I get what you said in the OP, J, and the tone of your post as well. I get feelings of wistfulness when I see women in various settings wearing outfits I would love to be wearing (although, in some cases only if I could look half as good as they do in them).

Sure, we could wear these things, but there could be a cost we aren't willing to pay in the particular circumstances. Or there could be other extenuating factors at play.

But we can still dream.

Jillian: ... post about a CD (ME) having a Walter Mitty moment while watching a parade of great outfits.
    Ha ha!! That brought a smile to my face girl :-) I love that movie and could absolutely connect the dots in that mental image.

I'm with you on the wishful thinking too. I have had my fair share of envy of the womens outfits over the years, both business and casual situations. And no, most of us cant just do it if we want to for all sorts of reasons.

- Suzie

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I do the wishful thinking thing as well. The closest I can get to wearing something fun is when I pick something out from my collection of Hawaiian shirts. The ladies have nothing on me as far as colors or patterns there. Of course those shirts are usually paired with a pair of tan shorts or jeans, so it's a limited act of color, but I do like it when nothing girly is going to be acceptable.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.