Thread: Going out for the first time

Going out for the first time

This topic has probably been done to death, but....

I'm heading out of town next month for a weekend. I'll be staying a few nights with a friend. She knows about me since she's one of the first people I told fifteen years ago, and I've sent her some of my recent pictures. I'm getting off topic.

I'm thinking about making the 6-7 hour drive as Stefani. I'm also considering going out for day dressed up. I haven't been out in public since my friend would take me out to the park or shopping. Does anyone have any advice or should I just jump in and let things go as they may? I'm freaking out a little, but I also know I need to do this.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

well always pick a place you feel comfortable first is a good idea

Banned Read only
    I say got for it. Go big or go home

If I'm gonna be driving for more than a half hour,depending on the weather I may wear only a skirt and bikini top, or something more appropriate to the weather.

Silver Member
    Seven hours is a long drive. Be careful of road trance. Don't drink too much coffee or you will have to make many stops.

Oh... about dressing? Seven hours is a long drive. You will end up with 5 o'clock shadow when you arrive. Makeup wears off over time when you sweat, touch your face, drink and eat. You will need to freshen up when you get there. An aggressive tuck and sitting that long in constricting clothing can be difficult or unpleasant. Eating doritos on the road leaves crumbs, gets orange powder on your lips and finger, causes smudges and gives you dorito breath.

Other than that woo-hoo have fun.

Reality Check
    Yes, that seven hour drive dressed as a female could be difficult as Meghan posted. You'll need to use a restroom once or twice and that might be a problem. And of course, you will have to make it from your house to your car dressed.

You might be better off just waiting until you get to your destination and shave and dress there.

Hello Stefanilara
    Why don't under dress at home, drive out of town stop some where and finish getting dress and make-up on then carry on driving till you get there
    or you want to change back after three or four hours.
    only you know what you can do what ever you decide.
    good luck

Carolyn xx

Banned Read only
    Stefani,

Are you comfortable gassing up your car dressed today? That might be your dry run. You will also have to stop for a restroom break. Where will you do this? Gas station? Highway rest stop? When dressed, what restroom will you use? Make your plan an execute it. All your fears are in your head and not in the world outside.

While the drive is easy, have you ever been dressed that long? IF not, do so before you travel. It may be bothersome to you. When going out with your friend, go mainstream. It's way more fun and much easier than you think but stay away from heavy drinking places. Drunks and cross dressers might not mix well.

Platinum Member
    Just let things go as they may. You'll be fine.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The first time I went out i just went to the corner gas station. Filled me car and got home quickly. I was nervous but it was exhilarating. I generally have an easy time passing but I try not to drive too far. I have some back issues and also you really get tired, drowsy, etc. I prefer a short drive so you arrive at your destination fresh.

Back in 1990 I drove non stop from Redding California to Omaha Nebraska wearing panties, skirt, blouse and sandals. Had no problems at all. Just have to own it people.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stefani,

Sounds like an adventure and as many have pointed a long drive can be wrought with issues (e.g., bathroom, eating, make-up melt down). If you have no issues being seen in public and using the women's restroom then I say just go about your drive as you would normally but dressed as Stefani. If you are not sure about using the women's restroom (or never have) I would recommend getting used to doing so before going on your trip as 7 hours is a long time to hold a pee. As you have been in public before (noted in your post), just approach it the same way you did then and all should be fine. If you are ready, take a deep breath and dive in.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers

Isha

Hey Stefani,

While I confer with all the good advice that been offered, I would recommend the following.

a) a dry run - an hour drive, get some gas, use the ladies room, get something to eat, then head out back. If you have cold feet, or if something goes amiss, take it in stride, and give it another go. If all goes well, then terrific!

b) As everyone here can attest to, self confidence is everything. If you look like you belong, people tend to not notice, looking like a deer in the headlights, it gets somewhat more difficult. Take a deep breath and own it.

c) Pack a no go bag and leave it in your car, not the trunk. If the drive gets a bit uncomfortable, or if you get pulled over, you have some drab clothes just in case.

d) you will be fine and do well ENJOY!!!

Not too worried about the drive, I make it several times a year and I've been making it for at least fifteen years. No problem. I'll admit the bathroom has me stymied, but there again I've been in a ladies room before. I have time to consider it before making a decision. I may wait and go out with my friend while I'm up there, though I'll have to underdress and get ready in the car. Her husband doesn't know, though he might suspect since he saw a picture of me dressed. My friend lied and said it was my cousin. He left it alone but we'll see.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Reality Check
    If you get pulled over, it's too late to change clothes. When the officer sees you wiggling around in the car (and they look for that), he or she is going to suspect you are reaching for a gun or to hide drugs. This will make the stop very unpleasant. The best thing to do is sit still and do what they tell you to do.