Thread: used the ladies'

used the ladies'

So we had a topless feminine protest ride down here this weekend. Sort of a serious/not-too-serious ride though; one of our friends has giant bass cannons & ipod strapped to his bike (and was wearing lovely matching leapord-print tights & bikini for the event =). Anyways, we're all at a regular old bar celebrating after and I really had to go. And I realized I was at the point where it was both more natural and safer to use the ladies' room. Deep breath, cruised in, washed up, out...anticlimax: what bar has a deserted girls room?? lol. But for those of us who don't get out much yet, part of the journey...

Summer

Reality Check
    I hope you sat on the toilet. In many situations we have no good choice because there are only men's and women's restrooms, none for "other". Newer and larger places may have a "family" restroom that can be locked. It's not really meant for crossdressers but it's the safest choice. Some smaller bars and restaurants have single user "unisex" restrooms. These are probably our best choice.

I think it would feel pretty dysphoric to stand in a ladies room...I'm not just a boy in a skirt when I'm dressed...

Thank you. I don't even know why somebody mentioned standing.

I've been to many women's rest rooms now in a variety of venues. Only once did the other ladies seem to read me, but it seemed like all of them did in a crowded rest room. Very uncomfortable, but none made an issue.

Every other time, none have seemed to notice. Regardless, every time, my heart thumps hard as I enter that most sacred domain, armed with my imagination that see's me being dragged off in handcuffs by two burly policemen while throngs of people line our path, pointing and laughing while cell flashes light the place like a London discotheque. Life is so hard!

I always sit when in the restroom, regardless if it men or women.

The restroom dilemma... always a tricky one. Now I know I am probably biased, but it seems pretty simple to me to use the restroom of the gender you are presenting. I would think that if I walked into a mens restroom all made up and wearing a dress and heels would most certainly draw more attention to myself than if I discretely went into the ladies restroom, regardless of how well I am passing. I'd take that chance 10/10 times and not risk stirring up some guys insecurities in his own macho-ness. You made the correct decision in my book!

<3 Lauren

Silver Member
    I match the restroom to my gender presentation, but generally I try to avoid the need any more than is necessary. I don't know if I could handle waiting in a queue with GG's even in my best blend moment. Also I know almost all Star-buck's are gender neutral or single seaters. Also I have in a pinch stopped at a salon, asked for about their prices and then asked to use the restroom, never been denied and they are usually very clean!

I have learned that using the girls room at some large events requires a whole new skill that all women have mastered, that is the art of peeing while squatting so your bottom does not touch the seat. In most stalls the line outside can see you feet so to avoid trouble it's a skill you should learn.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaK View Post
    I've been to many women's rest rooms now in a variety of venues. Only once did the other ladies seem to read me, but it seemed like all of them did in a crowded rest room. Very uncomfortable, but none made an issue.

Every other time, none have seemed to notice. Regardless, every time, my heart thumps hard as I enter that most sacred domain, armed with my imagination that see's me being dragged off in handcuffs by two burly policemen while throngs of people line our path, pointing and laughing while cell flashes light the place like a London discotheque. Life is so hard!
    Thanks for a good laugh!

Ive been known to do that even in drab, but that's usually if it's a one toilet per place and the mens room is taken. No one has ever said anything to me about it.
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right