Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sitting crossed legged

Banned Read only
    I practice every day! feel great when I do it with hose!

Sitting cross legged above the knee is not just merely ladylike, or how a real lady should sit. Really? Is there any reality in any of this? So many cis gender straight males sit that way too. And if a woman is not crossing her legs when she sits, then does that really mean she is doing something wrong?? Yes, more women then men will sit cross legged at the knee, but only the most stereotypical red neck types believe this to be some sort of right or wrong. Very large or very muscular people may have a difficult time just because of that, and of course some guys will be like I could never sit that way cuz of my junk, for which I say get real.

For most about this topic I would say get real. Sitting this way may be a bit more common for women, but hardly women only. Don't think you are doing something super fem for doing it, or emulating a woman so perfectly for doing it either. Wearing a skirt, for the most obvious reason, crossing your legs is easier than constantly holding them together....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Silver Member
    I sit most often cross-legged at the knees but I also sit knees together ankles crossed. I think the most feminine is knees together off to one side without crossing the ankles. For me this takes some concentration to keep those knees tightly together.
    Very Feminine:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=sitt...M0X3X-2SWZM%3A
    I like this one too:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=sitt...tjuM0DzRE4M%3A

Banned Read only
    I ALWAYS sit cross-legged, even when I was Jason Statham's stunt double (only for the driving scenes...OK. ..the fighting scenes. ...sex scenes. ...), as a guy with the ankle on the leg it presents confidence, kinda like 'I don't give a poopy poop what you think', but as a woman, definitely much tighter and the 'direction' pointed clearly away from the audience indicating 'yah, no I'm NOT interested'. Think I read that in 'The art of seduction' by Robert Green?

I've always crossed my legs at the knees, back to when I was a little kid, long before it ever occurred to me to dress in public. Still do, in either mode. Nobody has ever said anything, so let them think what they wish.

- Diane

I have crossed my legs for so long that it is uncomfortable to do otherwise. Even when I intentionally try to rest my ankle on the other knee it will slip over before long.

Cross my ankles and keep my knees together like a proper lady, unless in in jeans lol

Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    Sitting cross legged above the knee is not just merely ladylike, or how a real lady should sit. Really? Is there any reality in any of this?
    Yes, there is. It is perhaps subconscious, but it is there. Guys tend to spread to give 'Deez Nuts' room. I was taught that a lady sits 'just so' in order to protect her modesty. 'Manspreading' in a skirt is just a bad idea.

While I agree with you that from a physical level there is not much need, I can 'cross just fine. It is part of the 'language' that girls speak.

Socialization == tradition == patterns == habits

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I always sit crossed legged I wouldnt want anyone getting a glimpse of my panties

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra119 View Post
    I always sit crossed legged I wouldnt want anyone getting a glimpse of my panties
    Unless you are flirting with them....

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar

Double crossed

My I use this photo as an answer?

But only while enfemme. In guy I sit as I always did, unabashedly brazen. Maybe I should do the continental way, seems more classy than man spread.

BTW I got this dress for $9 new. It was damaged by the hangar. It is a very delicate lace over a liner. The lace is crocheted with the open portions of the lace just individual threads. About 50% open with threads. The strap retention hooks on the hanger tore the threads and made holes. But I LOVED the dress and it was new and VERY cheap. So I bought it and some thread to match from a fabric store. I rewove the missing parts of the lace and used seam sealer to bind the repair threads in to the existing lace. It only took about an hour. And I have a lovely lace shift dress. I provide this information only to encourage anyone on a budget that some creativity can allow a fantastic wardrobe. I don't mean to offend the OP or create more work for a mod.

SUCH FUN!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 08-28-2015 at 09:21 AM.

I tend to sit crosslegged or ankles crossed.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Legs crossed at the knee most often followed by knees together ankles crossed. Unless I'm driving my car, then it's what's needed until the car is parked. At that point I try to swing both legs out at the same time.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    When in feminine attire I always sit with one leg over the other knee. Sometimes I will sit with my ankles crossed and the legs pulled to the right side. My mind does not even go to sitting "manspread" which I understand is now an acceptable word added to the dictionary.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangGirl View Post
    I always sit with one leg over the other. I was at a coworkers house one time as I had picked up his son at school, and we were talking. His wife walked in, saw me sitting with legs crossed at knee, and said, "you never said he was queer." My coworker said any man/boy that sets with legs crossed like that, have long hair, and several other thing, she says that. On a side note to this, I find myself doing several other fem things when in guy mode.
    WTH ??
    How does crossing your legs have anything thing to do with your sexual preference???
    I think I would have had to say something to that lady.

Always sit cross-legged! Left over right and right over left.

It has changed. The "man style" is called "Figure 4" which I will call 4, the female style (ankle or knees) I will call X and the double wrap I'll call xx.

First, keep in mind that girls are scolded often by the time they are 4-5 years old, for "showing the underwear" while wearing skirts.
    This is why the X format is normally associated with girls.

When I was young, certainly by 5-6 years old, I sat with knees together pretty consistently. I didn't do it deliberately or consciously, perhaps I was just following my mother's example. I also noticed that people sat like that in church and other public places. Perhaps it was just I paid more attention to women?

I also frequently sat in Z pattern, sitting on a couch or chair, with knees to one side and ankles closer to butt and together.
    I also frequently sat in XX pattern,

When I got to second grade, the boys started poking fun at me for how I sat (among other things), so I tried to sit in 4, but it was uncomfortable.

In about 9th grade, I found out that 4 was typically American, than European men usually sat in X, and in many countries, 4 is rude because you are showing someone the sole of your foot. In some countries, such as middle eastern countries showing anyone the sole of your foot or touching them with your feet is a such a horrible insult, it shows disrespect, that you consider the other person beneath your, even less than a slave. After that I used X much more often.

By high school, I stopped caring and quite regularly sat in X and XX configuration as well as Z, and continued to do so until well into my 30s. Then I gained quite a bit of weight and was no longer ABLE to cross my legs so I used figure 4 more often. When I lost the weight, I went back to the X XX and Z

Since then, my preferred mode is still X or Z, but XX is only practical when I'm at my lower weights. Sometimes, when I'm wearing pants I'll slip into 4 for a short period. Still not as comfortable.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    SUCH FUN!
    Love those blue heels!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I sit in whatever position I find most comfortable. And that tends to change every several minutes beings as my legs are so fidgety.

Tend to sit cross legged when wearing a skirt which is all the time I find it so feminine and it shows alot leg as well. After a period of time I tend to swap leg position.

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    I always sit cross legged at the knees even in guy mode I find it a comfortable sitting position. Although I get more enjoyment out of it when I'm dressed flashing a chance climpse of my stocking tops xxx

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    It's difficult to 'manspread' in a pencil skirt. So... knees together ankles crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    WTH ??
    How does crossing your legs have anything thing to do with your sexual preference???
    I think I would have had to say something to that lady.
    i thought the same thing, but flashed back to my childhood days when there were certain "rules" or "indicators". men do things one way, women another, if you do it the woman way, you're gay, and we're going to do blah, blah, flippity blah...

some people still think that way it seems, which is unfortunate. i have had long hair and have worn nail lacquer for years, and it's emblematic of nothing other than my desire to have long hair and wear nail lacquer.
    Last edited by theresa renee; 08-30-2015 at 04:57 PM. Reason: nail, not mail.

Quote Originally Posted by MM
    Yes, there is. It is perhaps subconscious, but it is there. Guys tend to spread to give 'Deez Nuts' room. I was taught that a lady sits 'just so' in order to protect her modesty. 'Manspreading' in a skirt is just a bad idea.

While I agree with you that from a physical level there is not much need, I can 'cross just fine. It is part of the 'language' that girls speak.

Socialization == tradition == patterns == habits
    I mentioned the obvious when it comes to wearing skirts. But the idea that women cross at the knee and it is a feminine thing is ridiculous. But sadly that is a current western and recent mindset. There is NOTHING feminine about this picture.... at least not to me anyway.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a1a19eaf76.jpg
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I never open my legs while sitting. It feels weird (and unnatural) to do so, just like what a dominant,masculine man would feel when he tries to sit cross legged.

I would guess it's biological.