Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Despite the pain there is humour !

Banned Read only

Despite the pain there is humour !

OK so my wife and I are considering separating, we're both coming to terms with it !

This morning she called me to give a hand to remove some loose covers for washing, the suite is fairly old but in good condition. I looked at her smiling and said ," You're going to give me all this old rubbish when I move out !" She began to nod and grin !, I continued, " and I suppose you're going to dump all your old clothes on me too !" She burst out laughing and I joined her , she then replied , " That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that , in that case how soon are you thinking of going I could do with a new wardrobe !"

Haha that was a funny conversation indeed! Just hope the two of you will continue like that. Good luck Teresa
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Keep working at it.
    good luck.

Carolyn xx

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It sounds like some of the tension has been released. That is a good thing and should allow for a real conversation without a lot of the hurt, anxiety and other emotions that tend to cloud the air. I hope that regardless of the outcome you can remain friends who respect each other.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I hope things work out satisfactory for you Teresa. Good luck.

It has been a long, hard road for both of you. I have been alongside you now for a while, but even now, I cannot really help.

So, it has come to this. May I hope (and I believe) that this is the best road for both of you, and that your road from here on may be smoother.

Big Hugs,
    Amanda
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Since the two of you are able to talk to each other in a light-hearted manner about clothes etc., I have to assume that there are other issues involved in deciding to separate. You do not say if is a legal separation or a divorce. In the U.S. there are legal implications involved with a separation that need to be considered. If a divorce is likely it is good to hire a lawyer right away to protect yourself.

In either case, it is unfortunate for both of you to have reached this point.
    Hugs, Carole

It is nice to see you are able to find humor in a less than ideal situation. I hope everything thing turns out well for you.

I'm not a pro, but I know that when two people are mad they quite often wish that the other would break the ice. Pride gets in the way a lot. I hope things work out for the best.

Sorry to hear this! I hope you work things out with your wife.

Banned Read only
    Absolutely Teresa! I don't doubt that you will at the very least still be best friends in the long run! 😊

PS my flipping spell 'checker' put in 'destroyed' in place of 'best'..I caught it, but humour does prevail tightly...I mean 'RIGHT' LOL 😃

Sorry to hear about the potential breakup Teresa. Perhaps the upside will be that you'll be able to dress whenever you wish. Maybe some time apart will bring you closer to her.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Hi Teresa. This is very hopeful story. Humor can be so healing. One piece of unsolicited advice, if you still love your wife be sure you tell her. Don't wait for her to make a move. Good luck sweetie. I hope it all works out.

Hi Teresa,

Glad you found a moment of humor in what must be a challenging time. I've long suspected things would head this direction. As long as the two of you can handle it like grown ups you should both be happier down the road. Hang in there and keep us up to date.

Bridget

Banned Read only
    Katie,
    At the moment we both admit that we're not parting because we don't love each other, she can't live with my level of CDing needs and I can't live without it .

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa, It sounds like the closer you get to moving out That she could have second thoughts , lets hope so.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Conversations like that are sweetness with a teardrop. Teresa, I hope you and your wife find an amicable ballance.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I'm so sorry Teresa. Splitting the sheets is such a devastating and difficult process. I've done it twice and never want to do it again.

If you still love each other, maybe you two can find common ground somehow. You give up something and she gives a little.

Crossdressing may not be very appealing to you after you have split up, knowing that is the reason it happened. If you love her, you will miss her terribly after she is gone. You will have extreme feelings of guilt. You will remember the good times over the bad. You will miss the small, mundane times when you were in the same room. Simple things like getting ready in the morning, or being able to tell her about your day when you get home,etc.

I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I have been down the rough road you have not yet travelled and it's not paved, has big holes and is muddy.

Good luck either way. I hope the best for you and always enjoy what you have to say here.

Sometimes it is better for two people to find their own happiness separately than for those two people to remain unhappy together.

Best wishes
    MsVal
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Banned Read only
    Sounds as if there is "light at the end of the tunnel" for both of you. It sounds as if a lot of stress has been alleviated for your wife.

I sincerely hope you two can work this out. I could never leave my wife and soul mate. She accepts my cross dressing but we agree on its limits. Hope you two will find that place in your lives as well. Every marriage has a give and take and also a breaking point. Good luck but please try and keep posting in here if for nothing else your sanity after the breakup or separation.

Teresa,
    This has been a long time developing. I hope that you both find contentment whatever the outcome. I'm glad that you are finding some humour together and I hope that you can keep talking and supporting one another. My best wishes to you both.

Teresa, Sorry to hear that you are separating. It was nice that you posted this and it is a positive step for both of you. Best of luck going forward.
    Part Time Girl

Teresa, I saw this floating around on facebook today and it made me think of your predicament. And it is humorous!

storage.jpg

I'm sorry you two are going through a rough patch. I hope you guys can keep that open friendly tone to everything about this situation.