Thread: Going outside

Going outside

Im planning my first outside outing on a public road, I think i'm going to do this for the first time under cover of darkness probably over this weekend , any advice much appreciated xx

Miss Stephanie, girl just don't drink anything that would get you in trouble, run to the conv. store purchase a pop from the machine, or just drive in the proper way noone will give you any trouble if you seem like that your a normal girl. Have a great ride, it is a big step but you can do it. Let us know how it goes for you, hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    My first outing was to the drive through packy right down the street to get a bottle of Jack Daniels.

My advice is to just be yourself. Don't act like you're trying to be inconspicuous. Drive around town for a while. Or just head out on the highway and go for a long drive.

For your first time out I recommend that you forego the fancy clothes and mannerisms. If you dress like other women dress and behave in a confident manner no one will challenge you. You would be wise to return home at a reasonable hour and to pack an emergency change of clothes.

Have fun and don't forget the trip report.

Best wishes
    MsVal
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by MsVal View Post
    For your first time out I recommend that you forego the fancy clothes and mannerisms. If you dress like other women dress and behave in a confident manner no one will challenge you. You would be wise to return home at a reasonable hour and to pack an emergency change of clothes.

Have fun and don't forget the trip report.

Best wishes
    MsVal
    I agree with Val here. Don't wear a ball gown to the market. The desire is to dress as pretty as possible and then discover the outfit attracts more attention than we wanted because it's out of place for the venue, activity or our age. Take a good look at what women are wearing where you want to go, then see if you have something that works in that general style. If not you can pick a different place, or maybe do a little shopping!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Reality Check
    This has been discussed umpteen times so I suggest reading some of the past posts on the subject.

I don't know what your plan is, but skulking around late at night is sure to get you noticed. Don't go where genetic women wouldn't go after dark and dress appropriately. Dressing like a hooker is bound to draw attention and not the kind of attention you want.

Banned Read only
    Wear a dress that will blend in with what women are going to wear. Don't go out too late to isolated places. I hate reading on this forum of dressers going to warehouse districts and dark parks or strutting their stuff on streets. What a way to get beat up, propositioned or stopped by the police. Wear a comfortable low heel if you're walking. Heels and feet take a beating on long strolls on concrete sidewalks. When I take an evening stroll I always go in the fall when darkness comes at a hour when women will still be coming home from work or shopping. I always have chosen a residential street in a mixed residential and retail area. I like it even better if the weather calls for using an umbrella which is great for shielding my masculine face and some of my six foot height.

Banned Read only
    Hi Stephanie, I agree with your plan, a good way to slowly increase confidence! My first time was a train wreck, went to a popular park at 9 am and although I was 'acting' like any woman would I wasn't dressed for the occasion, 3" stilleto boots and my hair and makeup I looked like Marilyn Monroe going to a photo shoot 😲 Had a city worker stalking me iin his truck while I was 'trying' to read a book! Lucky it was mid October and I could have played the 'Halloween gig' card if I needed to LOL 😂

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Take a change of clothes." You know, something about Murphy...

My first times out were in a car. I'd get mostly dressed at home, but without the wig, and cover up with a loose jacket. I could quickly get to the car in the dark of the evening as long as no one was close by, and then in the car I could finish up creating my look. I'd just drive around without getting out of the car... just being one more woman out there, but protected by my car. I would take a male-style shirt and pants and shoes in case I would need to change back to complete drab. Then, after surviving a number of uneventful such evenings, I eventually tried getting out of the car. I'd take a few folded slips of paper so that I could pretend I was dropping mail into streetcorner post office boxes--to give myself good reasons to get out of the car. To intensify the adventure after my first few experiences, I could park a little further from the mailbox.

Pathetically cheap little thrills, I know ... but still, it was fun. Scary, exciting and fun.

I'd take a few folded slips of paper so that I could pretend I was dropping mail into streetcorner post office boxes--to give myself good reasons to get out of the car. To intensify the adventure after my first few experiences, I could park a little further from the mailbox.
    Ha! I used to do that too. I would stop short of the mailbox, and get out and walk in front of the headlights over to the mailbox.

I also would find a strip mall and walk along the strip in front of the stores after the stores had closed, checking myself out in the store windows, which are like giant mirrors at night. I allowed myself a short window between about 9:30 and 11:00pm, so most people would be gone, but it was not late enough to look suspicious.
    Last edited by MelanieAnne; 08-28-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Hello Stephanie
    The first thing to do is get out your front door that's the hardest part might take you a hour or two before you do it, opening and closing the door check and check and check again.
    when you get out you will think to your self what silly b*&** i am this is easy, just take it easy watch where you are going plan your route out.

Carolyn xx

ps don't forget your keys and take pictures and when are you go out next time?

GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by carolyn todd; 08-29-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Hi Stephanie,

Lots of good advice here, especially about the clothes. We'd all like to dress to the nines , but just be reasonable. I wouldn't wear heels -- driving in them takes a bit a practice. Take a deep breath (or two or three) trust your antiperspirant and go for it!

All the best,
    Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Ahhh fond memories.. Personally, on my first foray, I wore a black and white striped tunic top with a cute Jane Norman black skirt.. knee length but a wraparound design at the front. paired it with some knee high turn down leather boots and a black blazer. As people have said, you don't want to be TOO dolled up in a tight bodycon and stillettos or anything, but don't play it down too much, this is about you presenting as you feel.

The advice people give about avoiding deserted places is sound. Personally I drove to the nearest city area (about 20 miles away) and just drove through the main town area.. stopped to visit a cash machine and then went for fuel. Being in a heavily populated area you are 1... less likely to suffer any kind of attack and 2.. far less likely to be stopped by the police.

Drive thru's are great if you want some kind of interaction. pay at pump petrol stations are good if you want to just get out and be seen for a minute or two without having to interact.

Just wait until the first time you stop at lights and notice a guy staring at you from another car.. I bet it makes you smile.

Best of luck with it Hunny.. let us know how it goes.

Lots of Luv
    Abi xxx

Banned Read only
    OMG NOOOOOO!!!! Don't do it!!!! You will be taken over by a vicious monster that will force you to go places dressed as a woman. QUICK, somebody help Stephanie!!!! Oh, that's right, you all are already infected too.

Have fun Stephanie and be safe about it.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stephanie,

Best advice I can offer is stay safe, know your venue and act like you belong . . . oh and enjoy yourself

Cheers

Isha

Reality Check
    Don't forget your purse!

Platinum Member
    Ok, here's my advice for your first time out: Go out in daylight and ideally in a busy, public place. Dress casually and in a manner that suits the location. And a touch of makeup, nothing garish, but sufficient to hide a beard shadow and give your eyes some definition.

Why daytime? Because you are much safer than on some dark road. And honestly, a lone person walking out in the dark will attract attention you don't want, either the curiosity of law enforcement doing their jobs....or potentially individuals with criminal intent.

But there's another value in day walking. The pleasure and the value of getting out is found in experiencing normal, everyday life en femme. A dark and lonely location is in some ways just an extension of the closet.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I went for a "dress and drive" as my first trip outside the house so I think your plan is sound but on your first trip out ever if I was you I'd put a "boy bag" of clothes in the boot of your car ... just in case your have a crash, break down or get a flat. Other than that, dress casually and have fun! Oh and if you do have the courage, yes, do find an excuse to get out of the car for a few minutes. On my first trip I parked and did a little window shopping.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    Stephanie,
    You don't say walking or driving , if you're driving it is really great to spend an hour or so fully dressed. I visited my next town even had to stop to let pedestrians cross right in front of me, but don't do what I did ! I found I'd taken a wrong turning and did a slick turn round on the forecourt of a fire station in front of some firemen ! Jeeze did you see that woman spin that car round ??

how did it go?

Banned Read only
    I think the monster took her hostage!

I think the dress and drive option sounds like the best route, enough safety combined with a little bit of risk.

I'd have to drive for a while though as my car is quite recognisable and quite masculine.

Sorry for my late reply, It went ok in fact very ok, has soon has I stepped out of the front door I knew instantly that was the right thing to do , I was a little bit worried about the noise my heels would make has I walked, in terms of drawing attention to myself, but I worried for nothing, I met only one person a woman who gave me a friendly smile .