Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chainsaw how to........

Chainsaw how to........

So yesterday I needed to cut a small tree that had gotten to close to the house. So I get the chainsaw out of the of my truck box. ahh yes,, there is a splash of gas still in it, more than enough for this little job. Prime it, pull the choke, pull the cord.... and pull and pull.......... Finally it sputters to life, and dies when I pull the trigger!I fight it for half an hour like that.... Step son "I know what your problem is, you don't have your dress on!" So he leaves, and I tried it a couple more times, issued a few words comprised of 4 letters, put the thing down, and went inside. I did my eyes, and lips, put my hair in a pony tail through the back of my hat, and grabbed some danglely earrings. My shorts were already on the girly side, as were my sandals. Went back out, put another splash of gas in it, and the stupid thing thing took of and ran like a scalded cat! (as the saying goes)
    Ok admittedly the problem probably was stale gas, but I'd like to think that the true lesson here is to accessorize properly!!!

Silver Member
    I hope you were wearing the appropriate safety glasses like these! I think it was a combination of the ethanol in the fuel that goes bad coming out of the gas pump and you not wearing pumps to begin with!
    http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/sg-42br-leo.html

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    No way I'm going to ruin the better things in life by using my chainsaw, spent most of yesterday cutting up some logs after a team came and took out some big conifers ! Would have dropped them myself but one was very tight between my house and a neighbour's house .The girl stuff goes on after the shower .

It's always more fun enfemmed. I finally have some yard skirts, tank tops and a wig just for this purpose. You will find I posted a video on youtube titled "Split wood like a girl". I could not resist.
    My Youtube channel: Maxine CD,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsH...XBIjeAtbhe1uFw
    Follow me on twitter @MaxineCD1

Silver Member
    Teresa I'm with you I usually don't mix macho and girly but there are exceptions.

Platinum Member
    Hi 5150 Girl, It sounds like fun but a chainsaw is one of the most dangerous power tools you can have
    it requires 110 % of your attention .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    I hope you were wearing the appropriate safety glasses like these! I think it was a combination of the ethanol in the fuel that goes bad coming out of the gas pump and you not wearing pumps to begin with!
    http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/sg-42br-leo.html
    LOL, I wonder if they come in a 'welding' version, for making chunky jewelry and stuff 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    ... of the ethanol in the fuel that goes bad ...
    The problem is the ethanol separates from the fuel in about 6-8 weeks when sitting in a jerry can.

Certain brands of chain saws and other two-stroke-powered equipment don't like ethanol in the fuel: I'm told by a small engine mechanic that it eventually fries them.

Ethanol free gasoline can be had at reputable marinas that sell gasoline. Ethanol generally doesn't bother a 4-stroke, but if it separates out in the tank, the engine can quit unexpectedly.

There is marine grade gasoline stabiliser available that solves the separation problem.

I think the chain saw needs the same Van Halen paint job as your guitar

Or just buy from a station that has ethanol free 91 or 94, i had a saw brand new that was fried and scored the cylinder in the first few months, i only ran it twice

Gone to live my life
    Hi there,

For me, I don't control the need to present as a man or a woman on any given day. A few weekends ago I woke up identifying as a woman and spent the day as such which included a planned brush culling on our acreage. So I grabbed chainsaw and safety gear and had at it. Now except for my clothing underneath (shorts and a t-shirt) and pink work gloves (my wife's little joke . . . so she can identify which gender is working with the chainsaw) everything was gender neutral, safety clothing, steel toed work boots, helmet and face shield. There was no make-up, no wig (too hot) just me as such but, still all woman. Four hours and one hot shower later . . . still all woman.

Cheers

Isha

lol! i think it was the earings, you let the saw know you werent playin games anymore!

After years on my saw going bad I found out ethanol is VERY BAD. It clogs up the carb. I switched to ethanol free, no problems.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Here's a chainsaw No No.

chainsaw-crotch.jpg
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Perhaps it's time for a new chainsaw.....
    hellokittychainsaw.jpg

I hope those sandals were the steel toe type.
    Jon

+1 for the ethanol free gas suggestion.
    I recently purchased a battery powered chainsaw for small jobs.

Reality Check
    That's a fine story to post here, but in reality you should dress appropriately when using power tools and especially a chain saw. Chain saws are pretty dangerous.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    5150 girl maybe you weren't holding your mouth right?
    Here is a guitar I built a while back that represents the camo girl inside of me with a nod to EVH.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a chain saw that gives me fits trying to start it. Next time I'm wearing a skirt

Yea, yea, I know... Safety gear and all.... But I was just taking down 1 small tree, little bigger than a sapling. Once I got the saw running right, the whole ordeal took less than 20 min.... (including cutting it up into fire pit sized pieces!) If I'm spending the day in the woods bringing in fire wood for the wood burner, then yes, it is boots and leather gloves ect...
    I hate, Hate HATE dealing with 2 stroke engines! always have! This is going to be my next chainsaw! http://www.greenworkstools.com/produ...gory/chainsaws I have had other Greenworks products serve me well, and sometimes even out perform their similar sized gas counterparts.
    Tracii G... Love it! Inspired by 1st gen Frankenstrat!

Yep for most mechanical to start and run correctly it requires a feminine touch..... Lol maybe the accessories also helped a little if you include the new gas as accessories....

Sound city amp!!! Mmmmmmmm

Gold Member
    Now I think I own at least 5 chain saws, from a 12" to 48"
    The best one is my electric 20" saw.
    It always starts with a pull of the trigger.
    Rader